Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
First leg of a 2 week trip from Moab to Sedona via the Grand Staircase, Alstrom Point, North Rim of Grand Canyon etc. For a full list of the itinerary please message me and we will add you to the email list. This first leg is for a meetup in Moab and a couple days of camping and exploring in the area.

View Rally Point

Colin Ritchie

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

117A South Irena Avenue Redondo beach CA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Ritchie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGR
First leg of a 2 week trip from Moab to Sedona via the Grand Staircase, Alstrom Point, North Rim of Grand Canyon etc. For a full list of the itinerary please message me and we will add you to the email list. This first leg is for a meetup in Moab and a couple days of camping and exploring in the area.
I would like to see where you are and when you are there..... We are moving through that region all the time.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I would like to see where you are and when you are there..... We are moving through that region all the time.
We will be in Moab a couple of days before heading south and I am going to publish some times and frequencies on the HAM radio we will be monitoring. Specifically 80, 40 and 20 meters along with VHF on the repeater system in the area.

Colin Ritchie

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

117A South Irena Avenue Redondo beach CA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Ritchie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGR
We will be in Moab a couple of days before heading south and I am going to publish some times and frequencies on the HAM radio we will be monitoring. Specifically 80, 40 and 20 meters along with VHF on the repeater system in the area.
There is a great place to camp in Moab it's just off the Million $ Hwy Service road D20 there's lots of disperssed camping there some with a creek running by. It used to be the real downtown Moab. Few old houses at the end of the road but its a great place to camp.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
There is a great place to camp in Moab it's just off the Million $ Hwy Service road D20 there's lots of disperssed camping there some with a creek running by. It used to be the real downtown Moab. Few old houses at the end of the road but its a great place to camp.
cool thanks will check it out. I know a couple south of town I think they call it red canyon. Thanks again

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I'm interested in being added to the list, so I could time meeting up with you guys when you reach Sedona! (I'm in Phoenix/Flagstaff) adragushan@gmail.com
We are planning on being on North Rim of Grand Canyon October 15 and 16th weather depending, then Sedona October 17 for one day before everyone going there seperate ways. Are you a Ham? If not we can coordinate as we get closer but looking at East Rim or Marble Point as camping spots first night, again weather depending. If that works I will add you to the list. Thanks Brent @whiskey7backroads

Flagtop

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Dragushan
Member #

Hi Brent, nope, I'm not a Ham. Someday maybe!

I don't want to add noise to the trip, was more thinking that if the schedule worked out I'd pop over and say hi, but no need to try to include me if it adds even an ounce of hassle. I can't join up on Friday evening or Saturday, which might be when you're in Sedona, but if folks are still there on Sunday I might be able to pop down.

I can show you guys a great (pretty unknown) swimming hole in Sedona (Oak Creek) if that's of interest!

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Ok Aaron, not a bother at all. I will have cell coverage and can check out the forums as we get closer but I think most if not all the group is leaving Sunday. If you plans change and can be there Saturday let us know. I am aware of Oak Creek but always looking for new places. Thanks and let us know. Brent

Reactions: Flagtop