Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I am thinking about planning a longer trip this year, possibly Moab. First off, what are your favorite trails and what do you recommend? Second, is anyone planning a trip to Moab this year and accepting company?

Trail Wonky

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bellingham WA
Member #

Two years ago we did about 5 different trails. My favorite was Steelbender. We also took the backroad to an arch in Arches, forget the name, was cool because it's a long hike for people by foot and we were the only ones there. Fins and Things is always a fun quickie right in town. Have fun, wish I was going.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: boehml

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
We last year to Arches and had a great time. There is a off road track in the west side of the park that I got stopped at...stock rig didn't have enough clearance..with a 3in lift and 33in tires would've made it though. I'll have to go back sometime and conquer it. At the north end of the park you go out to tower arch then take the track south. Supposed to be a lot of cool arches on the way. I'll post the GPS file when I get to my computer.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: BobG and boehml

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

We last year to Arches and had a great time. There is a off road track in the west side of the park that I got stopped at...stock rig didn't have enough clearance..with a 3in lift and 33in tires would've made it though. I'll have to go back sometime and conquer it. At the north end of the park you go out to tower arch then take the track south. Supposed to be a lot of cool arches on the way. I'll post the GPS file when I get to my computer.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using OB Talk mobile app
Thanks!

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Grab a copy of FunTreks Moab guidebook. It is the most comprehensive and well organized guide I have ever used.

I may be going down in April, but only if I can't get a spot on a big group trip. I already have the time off but the trip filled up. So right now I have no set plans.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Grab a copy of FunTreks Moab guidebook. It is the most comprehensive and well organized guide I have ever used.

I may be going down in April, but only if I can't get a spot on a big group trip. I already have the time off but the trip filled up. So right now I have no set plans.
I'm trying to use the last of my vacation days, already have all other trips planned. Playing with the idea of going somewhere down south (USA), but was most interested in peoples opinions on trails in the Moab area to decide if it was for me. Thanks for the book recommendation!

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Here is the track for some trails in Moab and Arches. Unfortunately I didn't make it down most of them. Ran out of time and the kids loved climbing on the Arches. If your looking for a place to stay or camp there is a place that is called Pack Creek Campground. It is well priced, good facilities and out of the way from the mainstream but still in town. I'd recommend it to anyone. There are bunch of points of interest and a couple of tracks in the file. It is a kmz, Google Earth file.

Attachments

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
It might be to late to get a campsite for the time that you're going but White Rim sounds up your alley then. Or take a drive out to Chicken Corners and back. Lots of exploring off of hwy 313 like Gemini Bridges, Spring Canyon, Hidden Canyon. Really there are endless possibilities. Moab is heaven for 4 and 2 wheels. Get the book @TreXTerra suggested by Charles Wells.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Overnight, as far as difficulty goes I like mild to moderate, but I am not into serious rock crawling.
White Rim, Lockhart Basin, Elephant Hill/Beef Basin if you want to limit your adventure to dirt. If you dont mind some pavement time, go down to Natural Bridges National Monument and return Via the Moki Dugway/Mexican Hat. Its paved the whole way but the scenery is amazing.

Im in Moab a lot so if you need anything, let me know.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

White Rim, Lockhart Basin, Elephant Hill/Beef Basin if you want to limit your adventure to dirt. If you dont mind some pavement time, go down to Natural Bridges National Monument and return Via the Moki Dugway/Mexican Hat. Its paved the whole way but the scenery is amazing.

Im in Moab a lot so if you need anything, let me know.
How long are you there for, or you live there?

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Hells Revenge trail. Depending on vehicle and skill level I'd say it's 3-5hr trail.
Great views, just outside of town, and sure has plenty fun challenging spots.

cam_toyota_tech