Mitsubishi Outlander Sport light over land build

• HTML tutorial

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
I finallllly ordered new tires. 30x9.5015 MT. I went with a cheapo Accelera MT-01. It has decent reviews and snow ratings which I was after. If I can get 30k out of them I'll be happy for the price I paid. I can self mount/balance so bring on the savings. I'll get some pics up when done!

kbudd93

Rank 0

Traveler I

Dorset, UK
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Budd
Member #

I thought I’d make a dedicated thread to the outlander sport build. I didn’t want to fill up the welcome area with updates!

My wife and I have slowly been turning our 2012 Outlander Sport into a light over landing rig. It all happened in April on our way to Austin Texas when we hit a deer off the I-10. It destroyed the front bumper cover, radiator, condenser and bent the front frame ever so slightly, but we made it back home fine luckily... A few months prior I sold my 06 Xterra that was built up with 33’s, bumpers, lights, etc...and really missed having a trail worthy, rugged vehicle! So we said F it and skipped the insurance claim and began cutting and fabricating.

Stock back in 2013
View attachment 65036
First was removing the messed up bumper and fixing the internals!
View attachment 65026

Next up was to build a bumper to at least drive around and still get out on the trails.
View attachment 65027

From there we decided to with a light bar, shovel mount and beefed up the bumper some more along with some vinyl work.
View attachment 65028

It was then time for new tires and scored a set of 15” American racing rims and 235/75-15’s. The 28.5” tires were needing more room so we decided to cut the fenders and go with some fender flares! That black patch is to cover a big crack from hitting the deer.
View attachment 65029

I have always had a obsession for snorkels and of course the outlander sport has NOTHING in terms of off-road parts or much for that matter. So decided to get a cheap-o Jeep snorkel and went to town [emoji1598] along with installing a roof top box for our move back to WA!
View attachment 65030
View attachment 65031

After getting to WA the mods slowed down a bit and did a lot of catching up on being outdoors and camping!
View attachment 65032
View attachment 65033

I’ve been after a tire carrier and wanted to hack some more $hit up so chopped the rear bumper and started a tire carrier!
not gonna lie I'm not a fan of the direction Mitsubishi is taking but I damn like the direction your taking, keep it up sir