Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Anybody in Missouri? I'm in K.C. looking for like minded people to talk to maybe hangout or even explore with.
I’m about 2 1/2- 3 hours west of KC, in Kansas, sometime in the next few months I plan on testing out some equipment before I go on the TAT this june. I just have to decide where to go.

Last edited:

ChopprJock

Rank I

Member I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Lyn
Last Name
Ratliff
Member #

Hey @ChopprJock ! STL here too. I definitely need some Blues hockey in my life. I say that every year and when the season comes around again I get sidetracked and miss half the games.

Anyone around STL know of a reputable shop for lifts, wheels, tires, and camper shells?
Haha, same here...seems like I always catch a game about halfway thru the 3rd period!

I used Dalo Customs for the leveling kit on my 2019 Ranger...honestly do not know if I would go back to them for a full lift. They seem much more into the urban mall crawler approach. Nice guys though and the work was good, so YMMV.

I do not know a good place for the rest. I have used online places for my tires up to this point.

{Nate10920}

Rank III

Enthusiast II

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
H
Member #

I used Dalo Customs for the leveling kit on my 2019 Ranger...honestly do not know if I would go back to them for a full lift. They seem much more into the urban mall crawler approach. Nice guys though and the work was good, so YMMV.

I do not know a good place for the rest. I have used online places for my tires up to this point.
Yea. I feel like I'm surrounded by mall crawler shops. I'm sure they know what they're doing, but I worry they might lead me down the wrong direction.
I'm Googling like crazy. Starting to come across a few online shops for these things. Found an Icon stage 2 setup ($2500) that I think would work for my needs, but I feel like I can find a slightly less big named brand for a little less. Michael (Overland Bound) had talked about spending $900 on his setup a few years ago, and I feel like I should be able to cut the Icon cost in half.

UploadAdventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

Yea. I feel like I'm surrounded by mall crawler shops. I'm sure they know what they're doing, but I worry they might lead me down the wrong direction.
I'm Googling like crazy. Starting to come across a few online shops for these things. Found an Icon stage 2 setup ($2500) that I think would work for my needs, but I feel like I can find a slightly less big named brand for a little less. Michael (Overland Bound) had talked about spending $900 on his setup a few years ago, and I feel like I should be able to cut the Icon cost in half.
Good lift isn’t cheap. Unfortunately.
But it all depends on what you’re wanting to do as well. I have an Icon stage 3.

UploadAdventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

Man...Chevy's just really don't have a presence in the off-road world. Half the suspension brands don't seem to have variations for them. One even had suspensions for a dang KIA but not Chevy! lol
I follow a guy on IG who wheels with his suburban and even made a trailer out of another suburban to sleep in lol

{Nate10920}

Rank III

Enthusiast II

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
H
Member #

[/QUOTE]
Which Chevy? Height? Desired tire and wheel combo?[/QUOTE]
2020 Silverado 1500 LT v8 5.3 4x4 Crew Cab, short bed. 2” lift, Maybe 33-34” BF Goodrich Ko2’s. And I’m not sure on wheels...maybe something steel and black.

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
Which Chevy? Height? Desired tire and wheel combo?[/QUOTE]
2020 Silverado 1500 LT v8 5.3 4x4 Crew Cab, short bed. 2” lift, Maybe 33-34” BF Goodrich Ko2’s. And I’m not sure on wheels...maybe something steel and black.
[/QUOTE]

that’s super easy. Let me set send some options out for you. Honestly if you’re halfway handy you can driveway install that.

{Nate10920}

Rank III

Enthusiast II

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
H
Member #

[/QUOTE]
I follow a guy on IG who wheels with his suburban and even made a trailer out of another suburban to sleep in lol[/QUOTE]
What’s this IG you speak of and hook a brotha up with a link. Haha

Reactions: UploadAdventure

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
2in GM Strut Leveling Kit (19-21 1500 PU)

or more budget-https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-lift-kit-1323.html?find=2020-chevy-silverado-1500-4wd-740495

obviously you can spend more money, but I’ve used rough country for years and had zero issues.

For example- the Mac daddy 3” fox fancy stuff -https://www.alligatorperformance.com/cognito-210-p0879-3-inch-performance-ball-joint-leveling-lift-kit-with-fox-ps-coilover-2-0-ifp-for-19-20-silverado-sierra-1500/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2K_E_ouZ7gIVuz6tBh2svwpmEAQYASABEgJmrvD_BwE

Reactions: {Nate10920}

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
  • Haha
Reactions: {Nate10920}

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell

Honestly if you have a few g to play with id do the cognitio kit, and this wheel and tire combo. But that’s me

{Nate10920}

Rank III

Enthusiast II

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
H
Member #

[/QUOTE]
that’s super easy. Let me set send some options out for you. Honestly if you’re halfway handy you can driveway install that.[/QUOTE]
Yea. The more I researched the more I thought, “Hell! I can do that!”
My buddy has a big shed and all the tools. He’s going to help me build a swing arm tire rack on the back too. I definitely want someone like him around though just in case. Knowing me, I’ll get halfway into it and come across an issue.
Thanks for any options you come across! I found Rough Country & Tough Country but I got the feeling those were more mall crawler brands. I haven’t gotten a chance to really research them though as I’ve been focused on the more popular ones like Old Man Emu, Bilstein, BDS, etc.

Reactions: Broke