Mission BBQ meet up/rig walk around 2pm August 26th Lorton Va - 08/26/2018

• HTML tutorial

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

What a great turnout on Sunday, so let’s do it again. September 15/16 lets get out and explore. We will call it Wheeling and Woodstock. Meet up at Pavemint BBQ in Front Royal Saturday for lunch 1pm, grab supplies if necessary from local grocery store, gas up and hit the trail. 15 min ride to Fort Valley Rd, pick up Peters Mill day pass from convenience store and head up Woodstock Tower Rd. Those that wanna ride Peters Mill trail can and the others can check out Woodstock tower and head down to camp off Mine Rd. Options for camping are very frickin primitive or Elizabeth Furnace campground, I prefer very primitive. I’ll post it under event map, but wanted to share it with the group first. CB’s optional but useful. IMG_5580.JPGIMG_5587.JPGIMG_5571.JPG

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Love the new Meetup but let's keep the chat in primary NOVA thread so everyone else can see and be aware of an outing

Reactions: Nootherids

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

What a great turnout on Sunday, so let’s do it again. September 15/16 lets get out and explore. We will call it Wheeling and Woodstock. Meet up at Pavemint BBQ in Front Royal Saturday for lunch 1pm, grab supplies if necessary from local grocery store, gas up and hit the trail. 15 min ride to Fort Valley Rd, pick up Peters Mill day pass from convenience store and head up Woodstock Tower Rd. Those that wanna ride Peters Mill trail can and the others can check out Woodstock tower and head down to camp off Mine Rd. Options for camping are very frickin primitive or Elizabeth Furnace campground, I prefer very primitive. I’ll post it under event map, but wanted to share it with the group first. CB’s optional but useful. View attachment 66383View attachment 66384View attachment 66385
Sounds like good times. I haven't done Peters Mill yet, so definitely interested. Just have to check with the wife on schedule, but I can most likely make it.
FYI, I’m the guy you met who doesn’t own a rig yet.
DM me. Unless my wife changes her mind all of a sudden (not very likely), I normally ride solo and can accommodate an additional passenger. I tend to carry quite a bit of 'emergency' gear, so my truck usually gets packed with stuff, but unless you are bringing half of your bedroom we can probably make it work.

Reactions: JRElaxED