SOLD Military Trailer, Bantam T3-C - $950 OBO - Portland MAINE - Delivery possible for fee

• HTML tutorial

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

SOLD!

Portland MAINE - Bantam T3-C Military Trailer - $950 OBO - Delivery possible for fee

- WWII era Bantam T3-C 1/4 ton trailer I bought for converting into a camping/basecamp trailer. I now have a new trailer so am letting this one go.

- Prev owner did a really nice job cleaning it up, painting it its present olive drab, and generally restoring it for hauling behind his military transport vehicle for show purposes. Also replaced the old tub floor with diamond plate, and added the fenders, which I'm not real keen about. Original fenders and a ton of parts are available for these trailers from a variety of sources I can share with you.

- New non-directional military tires, less than year old

- Currently set up as SOA (spring over axle) for a higher hitch, though can be easily switched to spring under axle for a lower hitch.

- Included is a Hitch Haul 30110814 Black ATV Cargo Carrier, which when mounting the two halves side to side, provides a really nice hitch cargo carrier. that will fit nicely on the front tongue.

- Also included is a MaxxHaul 70205 12V LED Trailer Light Kit.

- No tailgate

- Has a late Willys axle (center seam).

- Floor replaced by PO with diamond plate.

- Private message with your best offer and any questions.

Bantam-T3C_180324_5556.jpeg

009-BantamT3-C-aspurchased170625-Lside01.jpg

002-BantamT3-C-aspurchased170625-RF01.jpg

003-BantamT3-C-aspurchased170625-RR01.jpg

004a-BantamT3-C-aspurchased170625-bedliner.jpg

006-BantamT3-C-aspurchased170625-belly-centerseamaxle-01.jpg

007-BantamT3-C-aspurchased170625-axleLS.jpg

008-BantamT3-C-aspurchased170625-axleRS.jpg

010-BantamT3-C-aspurchased170625-newNDT01.jpg

011-BantamT3-C-aspurchased170625-tongue01.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Chaos

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Yes, I do.

Send me a DM (click my profile pic or name and select "Start A Conversation") if there is any info I can provide.

Last edited:

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Neither of the guys who wanted to come look at the trailers recently followed through, so both are still available. Located in Portland, Maine, just a mile or so from the interstate.

DM with any questions and your best offer! Both of these are ready to go.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I cannot believe you still have these trailers. You’re asking a fair price. I saw your ad on Expo also. I thought you would sell them in a matter of days.

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I cannot believe you still have these trailers. You’re asking a fair price. I saw your ad on Expo also. I thought you would sell them in a matter of days.
Location, location, location, @CaptainChaos! Most think of Maine as being like Alaska and way off to the willowwack edges of the world, when actually it is easy enough to get to, it's just at the far end of the country. Ha. AND, it's been a cold and snowy winter since just before the holidays and people don't want to mess with it. Then, before the holidays I was gone for four months wandering the country, so didn't really push that they were available.

If someone wants the both of them, I'll make them a pretty good deal. They each have a lot of potential.

I ended up wanting something bigger and that I could get moving in sooner. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist with my gear so would've taken 'til the end of this summer to get one of them the way I wanted with water heater, solar input, trailer cover, rack for tent, etc. I have nowhere to work inside anymore, either, so it would've taken forever.

Come one, come all, come see the pretty little trailers for sale . . . looking for a good home, fair price, rare trailers for sale!

Last edited:

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

It’s tax return time, you’ll sell them!
Hope you're right, Capt! I'd like to get them gone so I have more room for my kid to garden, and because I'm heading back out soon to wander and camp some more! The woods and highways and swamplands are calling!

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Do you know how much it is to send to California?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Oh my, @all_you_can_eat_taco , do you mean ship it on a flatbed or in an enclosed trailer?

It's about 3,100 miles; just about as far apart as two places can be in the lower 48. It could be as much or more as I want to get for the trailer itself to ship it that far, though I might be surprised. I have a friend who hauls classic cars in an enclosed trailer and may be able to make an arrangement, though it could be awhile before he, or anyone else, comes up this way.

I can deliver it myself, but can't imagine it would be less expensive than shipping.

If you are serious, you can private message me an email address or cell # and I'll gather some figures from various shippers and will include what I would charge to deliver it in person. To send a private message, click on my avatar to the left, then "Start a conversation."

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

@all_you_can_eat_taco - Did some quick checking and to ship a small trailer from here to there via UShip would be around $2500.00 dollars. If I delivered it in person, I'd have to get a minimum of $1500.00, and would only do it when I have another appt out that way, unless you want to pay for my return trip. I really can't imagine any of this would be worth it to you. There must be trailers around in southern California.

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

SOLD!

Here's the most recent image, taken last Sunday.

Now that the snow is melting away, finally, I'm getting out there and cleaning things up around the yard, so will be taking more new images. Anything in particular anyone want for pics on this trailer?

Bantam-T3C_180324_5556.jpeg

Last edited: