Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, New England "Then" Trip Planing

• HTML tutorial

mattjans

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rockville, MD, USA
Member #

Hi folks...as I start to plan my Dinoot trailer build and search for trails, I'm (again) lamenting our move back to MD from CA. I really took for granted all that desert and BLM land out there. Anyway here we are.

Question: Any recommended trails/maps/resources for the routes/areas below? I found the forum thread here on OB-verified trails, and that'll be really helpful. Still not a lot of stuff in my area. I see some meet-ups, etc, though. Still trying to find the nuggest, particularly in MD/VA/WV/PA first.

Trip 0: 1-2-day trips from Rockville, MD (e.g, southern/central PA and OH, WV, and northern/Eastern VA

Trip 1: Maryland to western lower Michigan

Trip 2: Maryland to Boston and Down East, Maine

This is where all our east coast family are, so planning some trips around them makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any leads on trails.

QCrunner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Welcome back to the east coast. We're planning a similar trip thru the mid atlantic into Maine this summer. Watching this thread for suggestions and I'll post up as we come across info that might be helpful in your planning as well.

Cheers

mattjans

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rockville, MD, USA
Member #

Thanks! I know there's forest out there...now hoping there's contiguous trail! :)

Welcome back to the east coast. We're planning a similar trip thru the mid atlantic into Maine this summer. Watching this thread for suggestions and I'll post up as we come across info that might be helpful in your planning as well.

Cheers