Mid Atlantic Overland Festival - anyone going?

• HTML tutorial

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Just wondering if anyone is planning to attend the mid-Atlantic overland festival this year in PA?

http://www.overlandfestival.com/

This will be my first year attending. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time because I know how much work I have to do to my Jeep before I go.

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
@Michael an Overland Bound base camp flag would be perfect for this event!

If anyone else is going, we should try and camp together. Just a thought.

Reactions: Gnasher_PNW

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

If anyone's coming from the east / south east, there's a grocery store in Belleville called Sharp Shopper with a large parking lot. It's about a 20 mile drive NW to the farm according to Google. If the OB group wants to camp together (like mentioned above), that might be a place to meet up. I doubt if you'll get to pick and choose spots this year since I think they are combining it with the 4-wheel camper festival but I could be wrong.

Reactions: David Whiteman

David Whiteman

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

Had no idea this even existed! And I'm from just up the road! Definitely putting this on the calendar. Hopefully I can attend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

David Whiteman

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

If anyone's coming from the east / south east, there's a grocery store in Belleville called Sharp Shopper with a large parking lot. It's about a 20 mile drive NW to the farm according to Google. If the OB group wants to camp together (like mentioned above), that might be a place to meet up. I doubt if you'll get to pick and choose spots this year since I think they are combining it with the 4-wheel camper festival but I could be wrong.
Sounds like a good plan. It would be nice to be able to camp as a group. I'll be coming from just west (edit *east) of DC so that works for me. I know a couple people who are coming from the west who would like to meet up with us as we got closer.

Last edited:

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Sounds like a good plan. It would be nice to be able to camp as a group. I'll be coming from just west of DC so that works for me. I know a couple people who are coming from the west who would like to meet up with us as we got closer.

Sounds like we have a decent group that's interested in camping together. I sent Matt (at Mainline Overland) an email asking what time the grounds open so that we might be able to coordinate the time if we want to meet up. I'll post a note if he gets back to me.

Update: He forwarded me to the event gate keeper, stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Whiteman

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Sounds like we have a decent group that's interested in camping together. I sent Matt (at Mainline Overland) an email asking what time the grounds open so that we might be able to coordinate the time if we want to meet up. I'll post a note if he gets back to me.

Update: He forwarded me to the event gate keeper, stay tuned.
(Yes, I just quoted my own post.)

I heard back from the MAOF gatekeeper and he says gates open at 1pm on the 11th. I can't imagine this festival is going to be that crowded being new-ish. Is 1pm at the grocery store too early for folks? Or perhaps gather at 1pm and roll out by 2pm?

David Whiteman

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

Must be pretty close to me then as well. I am in Columbia, MD.
Not too far away. I'm down in Clinton *east of DC.

(Yes, I just quoted my own post.)

I heard back from the MAOF gatekeeper and he says gates open at 1pm on the 11th. I can't imagine this festival is going to be that crowded being new-ish. Is 1pm at the grocery store too early for folks? Or perhaps gather at 1pm and roll out by 2pm?
Between 1 - 2 works for me. Its about a 3.5 hour drive, so I figure if I head out by 9 should give me a good ETA of 12:30 with wiggle room for DC traffic. It would be good to get a contact list together so that if someone is running a bit behind schedule we can all be in contact.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Not too far away. I'm down in Clinton *east of DC.

Between 1 - 2 works for me. Its about a 3.5 hour drive, so I figure if I head out by 9 should give me a good ETA of 12:30 with wiggle room for DC traffic. It would be good to get a contact list together so that if someone is running a bit behind schedule we can all be in contact.
If I get a minute, I'll throw a sign up sheet on Google docs where people can enter as much or as little contact info as they like. We have a little time yet.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

I threw together a Google Docs sign up sheet that is accessible via this link only. Please feel free to fill in as much or as little contact information as you'd like. At a minimum, a first name and phone number would be nice that way if you're running behind we can call you or you can call us. Please keep this link limited to OB members for the purposes of coordinating our MOAF meetup. I will not use this information for any other purpose, and I ask that you do not either. When the MOAF is over, I will delete this sheet.

The tentative plan is to have OB members meet up at the Sharp Shopper Grocery outlet in Belleville, PA, between 13:00 and 14:00 on Aug 11th and depart promptly at 14:00. If your name is on this sheet we will look for you in the corner of the parking lot (it'll be easy to spot OB rigs) and we'll all try and convey to MAOF and camp next to each other. Looking forward to meeting other OB members. Even if you're not camping, feel free to sign up and stop by our "base camp" and say hi.

Direct link to worksheet.

Last edited:

David Whiteman

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

I'm having some trouble putting my info in the google docs. Every time I click a box, it jumps me to the top of the page. Never used Google docs before, any pointers?