Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
not sure myself but this is from ADVrider site. Southern parts- plenty of primitive camping spots. Once you hit Harpers Ferry- good luck all private land, state and national parks

Reactions: Dusther210

KMDADV

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Trivoli, IL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Deppermann
Member #

I ran this on a bike a couple of years ago. Dispersed camping was pretty slim and it never did align with when we were stopping for the night.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

revisiting and reviving this thread.. @DevilDodge , {and others}, have you ran this route up into Maine from PA? I plan on possibly doing this, or parts of it, this year.. I'm thinking around Memorial day.. Coming from sw NY..Just ordered some of the Appalachian Byway maps..

Reactions: Road and Dusther210

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

my wife has been using google and GAIA maps on satellite view. zooming way in she has been able to mark possible camp spots..

TheBestCow

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Mulligan
Member #

Has anyone done sections 1 and 2? Looking at a beginner-friendly route that doesn't involve massive dropoffs next to narrow paths so I can convince my wife to give it a run in the summer.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Has anyone done sections 1 and 2? Looking at a beginner-friendly route that doesn't involve massive dropoffs next to narrow paths so I can convince my wife to give it a run in the summer.
I would say that it is all beginner friendly except where otherwise noted.

Reactions: Road