Launch Member

Contributor III

Wisconsin
First Name
James
Last Name
Barloon
Member #

A while back Michael did a video showing how he modded a Jeep like accessory bar to his rig for mounting electronics. Does anyone know where that is? I'd liike to do something similar in my rig or at least review it again for inspiration.

Klinton Kehoe

Rank VII

Trail Blazer II

Gold River, CA, USA
First Name
Klinton
Last Name
Kehoe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSB
I think he just used a blue sea fuse block and relay switch to do it. Definitely not Jeep specific and can be used in automotive and marine applications

Geekmedic

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wisconsin
First Name
James
Last Name
Barloon
Member #

I think he just used a blue sea fuse block and relay switch to do it. Definitely not Jeep specific and can be used in automotive and marine applications
Thanks for the response. Not what I was refering to though.

IIRC he had used a bicycle handle bar extension on the dash to mount electronics to. Very similar to the ram bar mounts found in many jeeps but nearly as long. I remember when I watched the video I placed items on a wish list for future mods to my rig. Now I'd like to try and do something similar and wanted to review the original inspiration. If anyone else has some clever ways to mount electronics to the dash of non-jeep vehicles I'd be interestedin seeing those also.

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I'm interested in this not only for my CJ, but it's hard to find a really good mounting system for the Ram. I checked out the 67 designs which are great options but I would like the Bar from end to end on the Ram.

Geekmedic

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wisconsin
First Name
James
Last Name
Barloon
Member #

Do you have grab handles on the interior or is your a pillar smooth
My pillars are smooth. He used the OEM center dash pocket/cutout, routed power through the dash and mounted a carbon fiber handlebar extension to be able to use RAM style mounts.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

But back on topic, do you have any pics of something similar? I'm currently envisioning something out of a police car.

Klinton Kehoe

Rank VII

Trail Blazer II

Gold River, CA, USA
First Name
Klinton
Last Name
Kehoe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSB
It wouldn’t be to hard if you have some square covers on the top of the dash I think those would lead to factory mounting bolts. If that’s the case it’s only a few bent pieces of metal strap bent up to achieve what your looking for Y/M/M and I can do some digging. That’s how the Jeep’s are mounted (my JL at lease)

Klinton Kehoe

Rank VII

Trail Blazer II

Gold River, CA, USA
First Name
Klinton
Last Name
Kehoe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSB
You can see the mounting strap in between ram ball one and 2 . 2 bends in strap steel through a factory cover to a dash mount hole. Pic below is of my dash.

Attachments

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Vector Molle Platform Solutions makes what you are looking for I think...

27ef0b_03ae5ee6e5e64d5488a8767df2cee352_mv2_d_5018_2430_s_4_2.jpg

Geekmedic

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wisconsin
First Name
James
Last Name
Barloon
Member #

Vector Molle Platform Solutions makes what you are looking for I think...

View attachment 182260
Thank you for the links. I do not have a jeep though. I want to get a small bar in my dash stash bin for mounting a tablet, and possible camera. While a bar going all the way across would give plenty of mounting options, for now I'd like to keep it a little more low key even removeable to not draw much attention.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

What do you have? Check out these. They have dash mounts for various vehicles, adapters, Phone, tablet, Go Pro, Comms, etc mounts.

67designs.com
bulletproofproofmountingsolutions.com