Metal Fabrication for tailgate table

• HTML tutorial

dougie117

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Does anyone in the Charlotte-metro area have any connections with a simple metal fabricator or have the tools at their house/shop to bend metal?

I'm wanting to build a fold down tailgate table for my JK. I know I can buy one but the price is way too high for two thin pieces of aluminum, two hinges and some wire.

Reactions: Farmer Rob

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

What type of plan are you looking at? Im in the fayetteville area, work with the military and we have an entire "free to use" metal shop, or i could do it at the house. Plus, im probably going to do the same for myself.

dougie117

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Charlotte, NC
Member #

I'd love to have some space and a workshop to tinker around in. One day...

I feel like it'd be pretty handy to have wherever I go on top of being a space saver vs having to remember to pack a table that undoubtedly take up more room. As for model/plan I would say what is in the link below. I can do without the slide out - it's neat but originally I just envisioned the typical two piece clam-shell design with two hinge brackets, cable, and some fasteners. As for securing it when not in use I've seen a lot of simple ways to do that (magnets, brackets, lock-and-pin, etc.). I have measurements for just about everything. I have the method but don't have the means.

Drop Down Tailgate Table - by Front Runner

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Turtle Laboratories in Marion, NC is run by a cool couple. They can do all types of things and are legitimate engineers. Check them out

Reactions: TrailBossTrauma