Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Next up for our Boots On The Ground will probably be Mendocino County. Either one of the OHV areas or the forest itself.
I will send out information to the local area once we get a better idea of the timing.

Reactions: MBroenkow and Rob M

Rob M

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Carlos, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Please keep me in the loop Kent ( SF peninsula). I would like to help if it works with my schedule. Rob M.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I have asked for an up date from PWORA about the plan but haven't heard back yet.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
If anyone hears of something happening in the Mando or Cow mtn. please get a hold of me ASAP so we can get our Boots On The Ground program working up there.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Not yet. If your on FB make sure to like the POWRA page they will be the lead on the project at Cow.

We are just waiting for a call to set our Boots On The Ground Program going.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
This is going to happen April 27&28. I just got the request yesterday but need to confirm how BLM is going to do RSVP currently they have a survey monkey out but thats not an RSVP. Stay tuned.

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

We are interested in going. Hoping our brake controller comes in time. Is the camp ground you plan to use have spaces big enough for a pop up trailer?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We are interested in going. Hoping our brake controller comes in time. Is the camp ground you plan to use have spaces big enough for a pop up trailer?
I dont have that information yet, but lets assume yes.
Most people that go to Cow Mtn have large toy haulers so I bet there is room.
More to come

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Information to come out today or tomorrow morning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Epic day yesterday helping clean trails at Cow Mountain! Got to work with a fist class off road group the Mendocino 4x4 Club brushing burned over trails. Couldn't have asked for a better group to be working with. The brush that burned left 12' tall main branches that where like daggers, everyone got bloody and bruised but it was worth it in the long run to help get some trails open. Our group left the staging area at 0900 and didn't get back until 1830 hrs.

If you are going today I will not be there and from what BLM says it is unlikely to be a full day. But if you do go just check in with BLM at the staging area and they will set you up with a group. Huge shout out to Allen Schrage the President of Mendocino 4x4 for letting us tag along.

OLB was represented by #1632, #15496 And #0000 made it all the way to Ukiah and tried hard to get there but had vehicle trouble.

FYI, we will be going back for another cleanup so watch for another Rally Point and forum message.

Last edited:

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

Last Saturday I joined a group of members from the MCMA (Marin County Motorcycling Association) at Middle Creek Campground for Mendocino National Forest’s OHV volunteer restoration work day. We replaced about 1000ft of barricades and fencing and one washed out culvert. It was a fantastic day of work while learning about the OHV trail system, dirt bikes, new power tools and some of how the forest is managed. I also learned a ton about the damage the forest sustained from the Mendocino Complex Fire. It’s going to be years before some areas are safe enough to be opened again.

There are going to be more of theses volunteer days coming up as they work hard to get the OHV trails back open as soon as possible- and they should be better publicized too!

4F17F55D-A3FD-491C-9752-61C3405635B6.jpegE8EFB914-8011-4841-A0CF-09BAE80D43D2.jpeg61FEB444-669F-4314-90AF-5E06CFCE4BC7.jpeg

Reactions: RoarinRow

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Last Saturday I joined a group of members from the MCMA (Marin County Motorcycling Association) at Middle Creek Campground for Mendocino National Forest’s OHV volunteer restoration work day. We replaced about 1000ft of barricades and fencing and one washed out culvert. It was a fantastic day of work while learning about the OHV trail system, dirt bikes, new power tools and some of how the forest is managed. I also learned a ton about the damage the forest sustained from the Mendocino Complex Fire. It’s going to be years before some areas are safe enough to be opened again.

There are going to be more of theses volunteer days coming up as they work hard to get the OHV trails back open as soon as possible- and they should be better publicized too!

View attachment 101429View attachment 101430View attachment 101431
Solid work! I need to know about these somehow, who is the contact at the Mando NF that I can talk to.

Reactions: MBroenkow

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

I found out this event from Post Wildfire OHV Recovery Alliance’s (PWORA) Facebook page (which I think was promoted somewhere here on OB at some point).

I believe Mike Burmann (mburmann@fs.fed.us) is heading up these events for the Mendocino NF.