Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

David, right?

Geez, dude...is there a forum you are not on? :) I still have my LR4, hence I recall your truck and those tires. :)
Hahaha! How funny! I'm only on this and Instagram, never go on the LR4 forum much these days unless I want to search technical information.

Nice seeing you on here and welcome!

Kel Schwab

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

cambridge, ontario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3KBS
Hmm, started with a Subaru 4WD wagon, moved to 1990 Isuzu Trooper - that thing was a mountain goat, i could drive on stuff that was dangerous to walk on. 2000 GMC Safari - tons of family travel all over Canada, 2004 Jeep Liberty - cutest truck i ever had. Latest i just got a 2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road, no mods yet except tires and HAM radio - its like driving a tank after the Liberty though.

Reactions: finlayforprez

Red

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Stafford, VA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Red
Member #

Our (@Linze ) 93 GMC K1500 Z71 around Alabama Hills this Christmas. Completely stock with 285/75R16 KO2s. We replaced the tired 5.7 a few years ago in the driveway with a new factory spec GM crate engine from Summit. Like all old GM IFS trucks, the front suspension and steering components were in dire need of replacement after 260k+ miles. We debated on swapping the front IFS for a solid axle but ran into problems sourcing the axle and steering components before a big trip. We went ahead and replaced everything from axles and seals to upgraded tie-rods and control arm bushings. The rear axle is the stock gm 10 bolt with factory gov-lock that still works surprisingly. Unfortunately the weak aluminum 8.25 front diff is not locker capable, leaving the rear-end and maxtrax doing most of the recovery work when things get bad. Overall the truck is easy and cheap to maintain. Next modifications will be trail/road lighting and a soft topper.

-Mike

20161224_133540.jpg

IMG_3643.JPG IMG_3578.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

View attachment 15293 Just picked this up, now to get a 2" Anderson lift, Yokohama Geolander tires and some skid plates. Roof rack goes on Wednesday. Driving back home from Vancouver, WA to SoCal tomorrow
Hey that's my house! I am glad you finally got it [emoji1303]. I can't wait to see it lifted next time your up here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk