Moncks Corner, SC, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Neacosia
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Bought a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Have been doing lots of work on it due to neglect from previous owner. Had transmission fluids changed, water pump, thermostat, radiator, differ fluids front and rear, oil pan gasket, oil pressure sensor, all 4 O2 sensors, new tires. It’s getting into pretty good shape.

Attachments

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
IMG_2918-1.jpeg Just picked up my 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon. This is my 4th JK and my plans are a lot different this time around. The vehicle is plenty capable enough as is, but I plan to put on an AEV 2" spacer lift with 285 Ridge Grapplers. I would like to keep my stock suspension for as long as possible. I'm building it to be comfortable as possible for long trips from Dallas to parts unknown like CO, AZ and Utah. My current stage is making it as puppy proof as possible. I will be sleeping in the Jeep many nights along the way, but also staying in cabins. I look forward to learning about light overlanding.

No0ob overlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Missouri
First Name
David
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Hi, Dave here in southern Missouri. I was using my daily driver ('17 Santa Fe Sport) for some light overlanding, but I just picked up this 96 ZJ 4.0L. The Jeep needs some work, but I think it will do nicely. Has a 3" rough country lift (short arm), sway bar disconnects, and 31x10.50 MTs. Looking forward to taking the path less traveled.

Planning some long trips with my wife and daughter, really wanting to get out to Death Valley, and the Mojave road. Any tips, advice, or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks20180508_151231.jpg

Last edited:

RockytopTundra

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Market, TN
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cauthen
Member #

Hey everyone, Drew from Knoxville TN here. This is my 2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road. I bought this truck in March of 2017 and have really enjoyed it so far. Currently the truck is sitting on King Extended Travel shocks (front and rear) with Dakar Leaf Springs and SPC Upper Control Arms. I have added the ARE Z Series shell with front runner tracks, a TRD Pro Grill, TRD PRO wheels, a full set of Pelfreybilt skid plates, and BFG KO2 tires. I’m currently waiting on my sliders from Pelfreybilt (any day now). I’ve got many more mods to come though.

My purpose for this truck is to be able to take it virtually anywhere with my wife, daughter, and two dogs. I want my daughter to grow up with the same appreciation for the outdoors that her parents do.

77EA2538-D4C8-4E24-B977-F97E3A748AAF.jpeg

DBs

Rank 0

Traveler I

1997 Hilux, 2.4D
Bought in 2001,
The last year make with OEM Solid front axle
31” bf/km2
F&R E-Lockers
4.7transfer
Old-man suspension with bilstein 7100 RR shocks, Winch, water tank, fridge, drawers in the bed, aluminum roof rack with led lights and more,
648k km on the odometer.. and counting..
Slow steady build..

Last edited:

Mickey

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

El Centro California
Member #

CD0F7D41-29A9-42C7-9778-651A29D2155B.jpeg Sold my last rig earlier this year and instantly regretted getting off the trail. Didn’t have much money to work with due to a classic VW bug build so I flipped a car and used the profit to purchase a 1995 Toyota 4Runner sr5 v6 at an incredible price- just $1350!!! Used the rest of the profit to go through the engine and tuned it up as well as purchased a cb radio setup and new tires. What a deal of a rig. On a tight budget but making it work and it’s back on the trails for me and the wife and kids. Doing the red canyon Jeep trail and more with a few other navy friends this memorial weekend.