Member Rides

• HTML tutorial

J Tosh Reed

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Member #

end.png Got my first vehicle that wasn't a beater car! I got this 2011 4Runner about a month ago. Loving it so far. Hoping I can learn how to go off road and 4x4. I really appreciate this community and its non-judgmental attitude I've seen so far. A lot of the 4x4 groups I checked out locally were all elitists who shit on anyone who wasn't basically driving a monster truck out into the woods. I'm all about supporting each other to get outside, have fun, and learn. OverlandBound is an amazing community!

Xof

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Petaluma, CA
Member #

View attachment 37468 Got my first vehicle that wasn't a beater car! I got this 2011 4Runner about a month ago. Loving it so far. Hoping I can learn how to go off road and 4x4. I really appreciate this community and its non-judgmental attitude I've seen so far. A lot of the 4x4 groups I checked out locally were all elitists who shit on anyone who wasn't basically driving a monster truck out into the woods. I'm all about supporting each other to get outside, have fun, and learn. OverlandBound is an amazing community!
Nice! Time to start the upgrades :)

Reactions: J Tosh Reed

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

View attachment 37468 Got my first vehicle that wasn't a beater car! I got this 2011 4Runner about a month ago. Loving it so far. Hoping I can learn how to go off road and 4x4. I really appreciate this community and its non-judgmental attitude I've seen so far. A lot of the 4x4 groups I checked out locally were all elitists who shit on anyone who wasn't basically driving a monster truck out into the woods. I'm all about supporting each other to get outside, have fun, and learn. OverlandBound is an amazing community!
Awesome!

My non-monster truck is better than your non-monster truck....

Ha

Sent from my SM-G920T using OB Talk mobile app

J Tosh Reed

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Member #

I definitely want to upgrade. I just got new tires and I want to upgrade the shocks and suspension but I think I wanna get a roof basket and bumpers done so I know what my general Weight will be on trips before I decide on what shocks and suspension to upgrade to. Thoughts?

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

There are some very nice rides posted ! I feel a little out of place with my big ole clunky Super Duty. It definitely doesn't turn like the littler rides.
There's a guy down the road selling a 93 Land Cruiser for 4700 not that familiar with them can anyone chime in on whether that's an OK deal or any problems to look for has 188k
Sorry if I'm out of place on this thread
No need to feel out of place DawgRaider some of us like our full size rigs!

awning 1.jpg

Shadow 2.jpg

Shadow 1.jpg

camp site 1.jpg

ntgbrl

Rank II

Advocate II

Nice setup!

Mind sharing the info on the RTT? I've been trying to weigh my options for my JKU.
Thanks. It's the discontinued AT Overland JK Habitat (rebranded Ursa Minor J180). They do show up on the used market at expedition portal every once in a while. Ursa Minor currently makes the smaller J30 tent which sleeps 2.

Reactions: Brasky

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

View attachment 35853 2011 Toyota Tacoma Trd sport and my 2001 Acura Integra LsView attachment 35855 and can't forget the 2017 John Deere tractor
Where is the Overland Bound Emblem on the JD? It would be fun to have a small trailer with a rack and small kids tent and go through overland expo riding your JD, and pulling the tent and trailer! Haha.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Where is the Overland Bound Emblem on the JD? It would be fun to have a small trailer with a rack and small kids tent and go through overland expo riding your JD, and pulling the tent and trailer! Haha.
I know right...:sunglasses:Just a little JD teardrop to tow behind would be great...mow a little then nap a little

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
New to the site, well trolling for a few weeks but decided to get onboard.
Do allot of boating and paddling and just recently got a "over landing" rig for the first time in several years. Got a low mile '01 jeep XJ ripe for some lift and outfitting. Love the land cruiser rig so well represented on this site but would love hear what others are working and playing with....
Great Thread!
I have a F150 and a TJ
Photo Nov 04, 5 40 51 PM.jpg 20171002_130215.jpg