Member Rides

• HTML tutorial

Alistair

Rank 0

Contributor II

I just rented one for a trip to iceland this summer. How do you like yours?
@CDN Offroader So sorry I haven't been on the site for a while and missed this!

I absolutely love mine but they do have their disadvantages lol. It is a very small and light vehicle. The space is surprisingly good for the driver - I'm 6'3" and 220lbs and I have plenty of room. But I wouldn't subject anyone to the backseats for more than a few miles - I always keep them folded down for storage. On-road you have to be cautious cornering in wet/icy conditions, they are pretty susceptible to losing the back end which keeps things exciting. They aren't bad on the highway, but don't expect to get anywhere fast lol. They'll sit at 65mph no worries, but 80mph+ gets pretty jittery.

Off-road they are fantastic. It's basically an ATV with a roof, and will skip over just about anything. I know that they are very popular in Iceland and I think it will work very well for you. My main advice is just to take your time travelling and don't be tempted to corner fast in poor conditions. Also if there's more than 2 of you I'd change to a bigger vehicle. The back seats will fit children, but then you basically don't have a boot. With the back seats folded down you have decent storage space.

Reactions: CDN Offroader

CDN Offroader

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

@CDN Offroader So sorry I haven't been on the site for a while and missed this!

I absolutely love mine but they do have their disadvantages lol. It is a very small and light vehicle. The space is surprisingly good for the driver - I'm 6'3" and 220lbs and I have plenty of room. But I wouldn't subject anyone to the backseats for more than a few miles - I always keep them folded down for storage. On-road you have to be cautious cornering in wet/icy conditions, they are pretty susceptible to losing the back end which keeps things exciting. They aren't bad on the highway, but don't expect to get anywhere fast lol. They'll sit at 65mph no worries, but 80mph+ gets pretty jittery.

Off-road they are fantastic. It's basically an ATV with a roof, and will skip over just about anything. I know that they are very popular in Iceland and I think it will work very well for you. My main advice is just to take your time travelling and don't be tempted to corner fast in poor conditions. Also if there's more than 2 of you I'd change to a bigger vehicle. The back seats will fit children, but then you basically don't have a boot. With the back seats folded down you have decent storage space.
Thanks, should be perfect for me and the wife then.

Reactions: Alistair

JKarsy

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Cheyenne, WY 82009, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Karsgaard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5RXR
DSCF3667.jpg
Here is our bone stock, brand new 2017 RAM 1500. Still waiting on the license plates from DMV. I have ordered a ARE MX campershell that should be installed in the next few weeks. I am planning on building a platform/drawer system in the bed. 2 drawers and with a platform bed on top. I will try to take some pictures as I go. Eventually changing tires and suspension, once I know how everything is going to sit. Oh, and yes, it's a Hemi. Thanks.

10ga

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Morristown, TN
Member #

nice rig. I like the rear bar
Thank you very much. All my armor was built by a local fabricator, this is the 2nd rig he's built bumpers and sliders for me.

He built the rear bar and sliders for my 80 also. He works a regular job and does this on the side. This rear bar with dual swingouts was $1300 which is a bargain for Land Cruiser bumpers. This same bar from other manufactures would be $2500 plus

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

upload_2017-5-22_21-51-33.png

Just so happens Barcelona Red Metallic looks better with pin stripes lol
Excited about a new roof rack, it will be here the beginning of the month, the stock T-Force one is very well constructed but is not ideal for a RTT... and we want to try that out. We managed to get a RTT from a member for a great price with only a few camps on it. Cant wait!

Also cant wait to finish wearing out these 265s so i can go up to a 285