Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Hey All my name is Rob, I live in Murrieta CA, I'm driving a 2003 Chevy Avalanche and I have no Overland Experience BUT I was a Marine for 12 years and as an assault amphibious repair man we practiced a bunch of recovery and field rigging to limp vehicles home.

My Avalanche is the first WORKING...(Kinda) 4x4 I've ever owned. My wife hates her but I think she's unique so...Hi Everyone!View attachment 20397
Welcome! I'm in Riverside. I'll keep an eye out for ya! [emoji12]

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Hello from Spanish Fork, Utah (an hour south of Salt Lake City)

Current vehicle: 89 Range Rover
Last Vehicle: 95 Disco
Son's Vehicle: 03 Disco

What can I say... Get your kids addicted to Land Rovers and they can't afford to be addicted to drugs!

Just got back from a 3 day trip on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands National Park (I would highly recommend this!!)

View attachment 20406
View attachment 20407
View attachment 20408
I thought it was spelled Spanish Fark. [emoji6]

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

fpdavis3

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Welcome! Great to see more LRs and Utahns. We recently finished a Canyonlands trip to the Dollhouse in the Maze District. That area is over landing at it's best.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Yes, the Moab area is fantastic. It is non stop scenery. We are lucky to live so close. I am ready to go back for another adventure.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: coreyinfo

fpdavis3

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Looking to do the White Rim Trail this Fall. Did you need to reserve camps spots?
Yes you have to have reservations to stay overnight on the trail. I hear you can do the trail in a day but that would take a lot of the fun out of it and make for a long day. A buddy of mine got the reservations. You better start checking now. I think he got our reservations 4 months (or more) in advance. He said they are hard to come by.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: midniteT4Rtrail

dervwbus

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Berkeley, California
Member #

Rig: 2WD VW Vanagon 1990, Westfalia-Weekender
Experience: enough to understand when I have to turn around
Why: we love the outdoors and we need to get out there to stay sane :-)
What else: We are a family of 4 (parents, a toddler and a baby). We bought a 2WD Westfalia about 3 years ago, and since then evolved to BLM land lovers. We have some extra clearance and all terrain tires so we can explore some of the "easy" dirt roads in the national forests/parks. Our setup is super efficient, but we don't compromise on good food, good beer and good wine.

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0002.JPG

EODCoduto

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Muscle Shoals, AL, USA
First Name
Gage
Last Name
Coduto
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KQ4HNV
Service Branch
USMC
I found this site while looking for overland style ideas for my 1985 Chevy Suburban, and so far I am impressed.
The vehicle is an '85 K20 diesel Suburban that I plan on making as reliable as possible so that the family can go out in the desert a little while we are here and have fun. I am not into rock crawling or mud bogging but I do enjoy getting off of the road from time to time.

As for experience, most of my desert time comes from Iraq and Afghanistan so I firmly believe in having quality recovery gear, extra water and tires, and a dust snorkel with frequent air filter cleanings.

Have a great day
Gage

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

Howdy fellas..

Figured I might as well round out the community and join up here at overland bound!! #4637

I've been around on expedition portal for about 8 years now...couple of builds..and now I've got a self made Flip-Back on a ram 1500 ECODIESEL and the family and I are always out on some adventure trying to play more than we work!

I've also opened Midwest Overland Training as an educational resource here in the Midwest as we seem to be on our own for skills learning..

Here's to you folks!! See you out there!!

Old tent top
]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

themickeyd

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all!

I just moved to Kitsap County, Washington area. Originally from Southern California.
I'm a US Marine.
I am new to overlanding and looking forward to getting out there and increasing my knowledge of the outdoors, my 2017 Tacoma Sport, and meeting new people.
View attachment 20473
Welcome to the Great Pacific Northwet! Lots of great places to see around here. This time of year we spend time at Tahyua State Forest just south of you in Belfair. If you don't mind hanging with a bunch of Jeeps your welcome to meet up with us next time we are going.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: avocado1

Oreo58

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ridgecrest, CA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Kline
Member #

Hi Everybody!

Just officially joined OB, have been watching the videos and checking out the forums for a while and really enjoy the walk-arounds and information. I've been off-roading for years and have recently starting moving more into the overlanding area from the rock crawling / trailing crowd. Still love the crawling but it's nice to setup a camp and hang out with friends out away from the hustle and bustle.

I have a 2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon that's setup pretty good for most everything offroad and now I'm starting to add more overland specific gear. Got a Terraflex Nebo roof rack ready to install and a custom drawer system on the horizon.

I live and work in Ridgecrest, CA so I have ready access to a huge area for offroad recreation. If anybody's in the area give us a shout and see if we're available to get together.

I'd post up some pics but I'm at work and don't have access at this time so it'll have to wait till later. Just wanted to say hello.

Traveler I

Hello Overlanders,

My name is Andy. I am from North Alabama. I drive a 2000 Isuzu Trooper. I haven't done any mods yet because I just picked it up. This rig is going to be my overlanding start. I am looking forward to gaining experience and building relationships with everyone.

I want to become a member soon, but need to spend the money on maintenance first:expressionless:
IMG_5544.JPG IMG_5565.JPG

Last edited: