San Mateo, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Shopshear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: KM6LUN GMRS: WRJN599
When I was younger lifted trucks were cool but the idea of being able to get or go anywhere and be ready for anything has me hooked on Overlanding. Looking forward to many adventures to come.

Finally gave the rig a wash and wax to clean up some desert pin striping so you all get the cleanest I have ever seen the truck since she came home on day 1.

SHOPSHEAR_2017_03_29_9999_1.jpg SHOPSHEAR_2017_03_29_9999_2.jpg

A few pictures of our trip down near Joshua Tree, CA in the park and some BLM land.

SHOPSHEAR_2017_03_19_9999_373.jpgSHOPSHEAR_2017_03_19_9999_90.jpgIMG_6175.jpg SHOPSHEAR_2017_03_19_9999_660.jpg

2) San Mateo, CA
3) 2013 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB, MGM
4) Novice in terms of overlanding. Lifelong explorer.

Feel free to check out my bike thread I have posted on TW.

Last edited:

Jconroy77

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Joshua Tree, CA, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Conroy
Member #

New Guy Here, Jayson from Long Beach Calif. I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Little bit of experience, still learning.

Looking forward to seeing you all out on trails.

Reactions: nudavinci64

Sturgesmb

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Midtown, Atlanta
Member #

I grew up riding Go-Karts in my back yard while my dad was using the water hose to create the craziest mud track in the world! I just started trail riding a couple months ago with @Alloy , @Mannyf and @BadMofo and quite a few other gents. My very first trip out to Tray Mountain my truck, Sturges, decided to blow his right front air strut. Thanks to the amazing support of the group of friends I was with he was able to pull through with very minor scrapes, a fender liner that's on the side of tray mountain right around the real squirrely bit and an underbody panel that came off in a parking lot in Heleln. Needless to say, I've been hooked ever since!

Reactions: BadMofo

HoneyBadgerXJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Treadwell
Member #

When I was younger lifted trucks were cool but the idea of being able to get or go anywhere and be ready for anything has me hooked on Overlanding. Looking forward to many adventures to come.

Finally gave the rig a wash and wax to clean up some desert pin striping so you all get the cleanest I have ever seen the truck since she came home on day 1.

View attachment 19839 View attachment 19840

A few pictures of our trip down near Joshua Tree, CA in the park and some BLM land.

View attachment 19841View attachment 19846View attachment 19849 View attachment 19850

2) San Mateo, CA
3) 2013 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB, MGM
4) Novice in terms of overlanding. Lifelong explorer.

Feel free to check out my bike thread I have posted on TW.
Welcome!

Reactions: nudavinci64

Overland ON

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, ON
First Name
Enrique
Last Name
Vivas
Member #

Hey, I have been a member since 2015 but haven't been active so i'm treading my self as a new member,

OB#0678
I'm from Georgetown, Ontario

my Rig is changing as of today, I traded my 2013 JKU Sahara for a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I'll post pictures of the new rig as soon as I pick it up :-)

Overlanding experience moderate, i'm originally from Venezuela where i did 99% of my trips, hope I can do 99% of Canada and the US.

Attachments

HighSierraOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fresno, CA
Member #

Hey everyone, Kiel here from Fresno, CA. Just joined the forum today and became a member as well (though I don't have a # yet).

No special rig as of yet, just a Honda CR-V AWD that I use and go as far as the trail will allow me to. Have done a ton of backroads and what not back East with family and friends in Jeeps, 4Runners and Excursions. Hoping to have a 4Runner sometime next year after I have enough for a down payment.

I do a lot of traveling, backpacking, and do some photo work for the National Park Service. However I would still consider my off-road level in between a novice and intermediate.

Always willing to lend a hand if anyone is in the area and if I can get to them (for now).

See you all on the trails!

Gaingreane

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kansas City, Mo.
Member #

Hey everyone, Kiel here from Fresno, CA. Just joined the forum today and became a member as well (though I don't have a # yet).

No special rig as of yet, just a Honda CR-V AWD that I use and go as far as the trail will allow me to. Have done a ton of backroads and what not back East with family and friends in Jeeps, 4Runners and Excursions. Hoping to have a 4Runner sometime next year after I have enough for a down payment.

I do a lot of traveling, backpacking, and do some photo work for the National Park Service. However I would still consider my off-road level in between a novice and intermediate.

Always willing to lend a hand if anyone is in the area and if I can get to them (for now).

Welcome to the group.

Reactions: Overland ON

HoneyBadgerXJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Treadwell
Member #

Welcome to the community! You're not too far from me. I'm over in Lemoore.

Reactions: HighSierraOverland

Paniklabs

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello All!

Just joined today in hopes of getting to know some people nearby to ride with! A little mudding experience and a lot of camping/hiking experience led me to this forum. I'm based out of Hattiesburg, Mississippi nowadays and my rig is just getting started. My truck is a 2004 Nissan Titan CC 4x4 OR leveled on A/Ts. It's a little big for some trails, but it's mine. I am a novice to trail riding but would love to get out more. Let me know if you are nearby.

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Hey, I have been a member since 2015 but haven't been active so i'm treading my self as a new member,

OB#0678
I'm from Georgetown, Ontario

my Rig is changing as of today, I traded my 2013 JKU Sahara for a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I'll post pictures of the new rig as soon as I pick it up :-)

Overlanding experience moderate, i'm originally from Venezuela where i did 99% of my trips, hope I can do 99% of Canada and the US.
Evening. Used to live in Kitchener and Elmira years ago (until 95). Welcome back :D

Reactions: Overland ON

shiftcan

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Port Perry, ON, Canada
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pike
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin

Vehicle: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail (Canadian Edition)
Experience: Novice, unless you count all the inspiring Youtube videos! Used to roadtrip, dirtbike, mountain bike, and generally be outdoors-y. Then came the kids. Just getting back into things now that my kids are a bit more "manageable".

Looking forward to the experiences!

Dan Kemble

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Westfield, IN 46074
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kemble
Member #

Glad to join the group!

My name is Dan.

Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Experience: Novice - Love to get out and explore the back roads and rarely traveled paths. Moved to Indiana from the Los Angeles area and want to start exploring what Indiana and the Mid-West has to offer!

Am a member of the Hoosier Wranglers group, but they are more focused on wheeling at the OHV areas. I'm looking forward to meeting those in this area interested in more exploration and experiencing the small towns and people.

IMG_0716.JPG IMG_0705.JPG
Feb.JPG

Last edited:

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin

Vehicle: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail (Canadian Edition)
Experience: Novice, unless you count all the inspiring Youtube videos! Used to roadtrip, dirtbike, mountain bike, and generally be outdoors-y. Then came the kids. Just getting back into things now that my kids are a bit more "manageable".

Looking forward to the experiences!
Welcome from Pennsylvania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk