Bonjurns

Rank 0

Traveler I

Idaho
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Burns
Hi everyone! New to overlanding and this forum. My family and I are looking forward to exploring the American West in our truck- we enjoy camping, mountain biking, hunting, fishing; generally just getting out and about. We'll also use the truck for a basecamp during soccer tourneys, OCR and adventure races, and other fun weekends. Here's a bit about the truck:
-2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro, cement color
-Leitner rack system

I'll make a post in the "builds" forum if anyone want to check out it out further- other add-ons are a CVT Denali extended summit series tent, a Decked drawer system, a swing-away hitch+bike rack, and more. We are a family of 4 (soon to be 5), with a 100 pound pup; I have been trying to sort out the best way to fit all the gear we want and still have solid off-road capability.

If anyone wants to follow the process, I'll be keeping an Insta diary under my same name, The_General_Enthusiast.

Cheers to you all, and thanks for the inspiration and knowledge! IMG_9879.JPG

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I love old Troopers especially the 2 door model. Stand back far enough and it looks like a Land Rover - all square bodied.
My all time favorite being old Toyota Land Cruiser wagons, International Scout/Traveler/Travelall and the ultra rare Chevrolet Blazer Chalet topping my list of fav's.

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Hi everyone! New to overlanding and this forum. My family and I are looking forward to exploring the American West in our truck- we enjoy camping, mountain biking, hunting, fishing; generally just getting out and about. We'll also use the truck for a basecamp during soccer tourneys, OCR and adventure races, and other fun weekends. Here's a bit about the truck:
-Leitner rack system

I'll make a post in the "builds" forum if anyone want to check out it out further- other add-ons are a CVT Denali extended summit series tent, a Decked drawer system, a swing-away hitch+bike rack, and more. We are a family of 4 (soon to be 5), with a 100 pound pup; I have been trying to sort out the best way to fit all the gear we want and still have solid off-road capability.

If anyone wants to follow the process, I'll be keeping an Insta diary under my same name, The_General_Enthusiast.

Cheers to you all, and thanks for the inspiration and knowledge! View attachment 19464
Nice Tundra! Love that color!

OB 3319

Reactions: Bonjurns

MilSpecAuto

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi everyone! My name is Christian and I am from Mil-Spec Automotive, a company that makes overland vehicles based off of the military HMMWV original-use model. We have military humvees and Hummer H1's as well as some other cool vehicles (International trucks, HET 8x8 and more). Figured we can be of help answering questions about vehicles, build tips, repair, etc. so we wanted to join. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

Reactions: Bonjurns

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
-Leitner rack system

Cheers to you all, and thanks for the inspiration and knowledge!
Sweet! Followed you on instagram (adventurewithdanan). Got a Tundra as well that I'll be building as time goes forward (which it usually does in my experience).

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Ghostrider

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collierville Tn 38017
Member #

Hi, been a member for a while but first post. Been doing this solo for about 6 years but I'm really enjoying the friends I've made along the way, so I've been going
out with groups a lot more. My rig is my tried and true 95.5 Tacome (el chupacabra). I'm located in the southeast in the Memphis area but venture all over. Looking forward to meeting some of you soon.

Attachments

MadCityDriver

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Madison, WI
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9FON
I've been a member for a while now, but this is my first post. I'm from Wisconsin, and love the outdoors. Bought a 2106 Toyota 4Runner Trail last year for the exact purpose of building my perfect rig. It is still stock, but have grand plans for it. It's handled the Black Hills of SD, and the north woods of Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest in WI without an troubles thus far. I'm looking forward to meeting like minded people, and facing new challenges.

ProjectTangerine

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Jacksonville, Florida
Member #

11036841_783360815046591_953857253906917552_n.jpg 16105614_1179692372080098_5269914816385958002_n.jpg
Jacksonville, Florida
Previous Rig: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi
Current Rigs: 2016 Subaru Outback and 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Being dual military husband and wife along with our daughter makes finding time off to get outdoors nearly impossible due to work ups and deployments but we always manage. Now with having a newer and more reliable platform to build on our (2017 Taco) I can't wait to see where adventure takes us. Follow along as my family and I go through the growing pains of this journey.

Reactions: MilSpecAuto

EricB72

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wynnewood, PA
Member #

Hey everyone.
Im from Ontario Canada
I started offroading in 2011 with my 81 toyota pickup, mostly day trips. I quickly found myself falling for the overland lifestyle. Longer trips, camping off the beatin path and exploring our beautiful province. I trade my pickup for a family friendly 80-series landcruiser! Best trade of my life!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using OB Talk mobile app
Nice rig! Love the classics.

Reactions: jz8ty and Troop4x4

Gaingreane

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kansas City, Mo.
Member #

View attachment 18237 View attachment 18238 View attachment 18239 View attachment 18240 Hey all,

I'm Dallas, currently residing in Fort Worth, TX (yeah, I'm aware of the oximoron) and my wife, Husky and I took our first Overlanding trip last year, traversing from the mid-Atlantic region up to Newfoundland and then across Canada to Vancouver Island and back through the PNW. I still consider myself a novice when it comes to this overloading, thing.

My setup is a 2014 Toyota 4Runner w/ a few mods and a Hiker Off-Road Trailer.

Look forward to meeting you guys and learning of new places to trek.

Cheers!
Great looking set-up. This is similar to what I want to build.

Reactions: DallasRunnin

Gaingreane

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kansas City, Mo.
Member #

Hello Folks,

My name is Dr. Tejas Kothari. A periodontist by profession and a passionate offroader / overlander all the time!

I'm from Mumbai, India and my OB number is 3278.

View attachment 18395

These are my two pride and joys:

The Pajero NL for over landing and the Mahindra Jeep (with a Toyota truck engine) for harder offroading.

View attachment 18394

I'll start a detailed thread about my vehicle soon.
WOW, Welcome. I love seeing Jeeps from all over the world.

Reactions: Rynus311

Snowburb

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Utah County, UT, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tullis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7DMT
Hello, everyone. I just joined this community and this is my first post. I am from Utah. I drive an older rig, a 1994 Chevy Suburban with a 6.5 turbo diesel, requiring seating for 6+ people, plus gear, expandable to 11, when the kids bring their friends. Occasionally, I tow heavy. I've been offroading since I was 16, always driving Chevy/GMC vehicles: K5 Blazer, 1/2 ton pickup, 3/4 ton pickup and now the diesel Suburban, which I purchased in Bellingham WA a decade ago. I enjoy the Suburban, mostly for all the space it offers and its excellent utility and reliability. It has served my family well for these past ten years. We have explored the Pacific Northwest, mountain regions of Montana, Idaho, Nevado and Utah, parts of California, and the redrock desert of Utah. Two years ago we took it on a long, cross country camping expedition with 7 people covering a dozen states in the Midwest. It has been a good rig and has been a fun hobby maintaining and improving it, to make it more reliable, economical and useful. My priorities are: reliability - I've been stranded too many times in my teens and 20s and really try to avoid it as an adult with kids; economy and range - the 6.5 diesel is a motor designed for fuel efficiency over raw power which works for my purposes; Utility and cargo space - I tend to overpack, so having extra space is kind of nice inside and on top.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you. seeing the creative ideas you have come up with for your rigs, and learning about your overland adventures.

Sawtooth Mountains in late October, upper northwest corner of Utah.
DSCF5726.jpg

Gaingreane

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kansas City, Mo.
Member #

Hello all from sunny Southern California!
Been enjoying the site for a while and wanted to join in.

* Got a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder with some mild mods and will likely keep it that way
* Been camping and backpacking for 20 years but got into overlanding only about 5 years ago

I'm with ya, been camping, canoeing, and outdoors for most of my life. Brand new to overlanding but it seems to be more my style.