David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello,
Josh here:
1) Austin, TX
2) 1987 Isuzu Trooper II 4x4
3) Beginner. Love camping, and I love travelling. This is my first 4x4 I've owned, and I have a burning passion to learn!
I've done a LOT of fixing up to it. Here's my Overland!
View attachment 19211
Welcome, Josh! I really like those Troopers, they are so classic and awesome. Looking forward to seeing more photos.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi folks,
Just joined in as my wife got a snazzy laminated card on her Jeep at a Costco in North Edmonton.
My wife and I have been avid overlanders for about 5 years, and have explored a good sized chunk of North America, primarily during a great trip up to Prudhoe Bay, AK in 2015.
My Overland rig of choice is my 2011 Triump Tiger 800XC, and my wife travels in our Rubicon Unlimited. We typically try to convoy most places as it allows us all the benefits of "travelling alone" without all the risks. Plus, after a hard day's ride it's REALLY hard to beat having a hot shower and a soft bed in the jeep, a luxury most Moto Travellers only get if they pay for hotels. And the final boon is it means our two pups can join in.
I'm a member on a few other forums (ADVRider, Alberta Dual Sport, Reddit Overlanding, as well as Expedition Portal though I've not posted there in some time). As the 'new' overlanding season is upon us I look forward to joining in this community. I'm currently working on a graduate degree so our spare time and funding is a bit tight for big trips, but there's plenty of Alberta and BC to explore on the occasional long weekend!
We've made a few videos of our trips but I'll get to know the rules and regs before sharing them here.
Thanks to whomever left us the laminated card, I hadn't heard of this resource till we got it!
Regards
IJW
Welcome to you and your wife! It's awesome you found OB via one of the cards. Looking forward to seeing photos of your rigs (including the bike).

Reactions: ChasingOurTrunks

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
1) jeep and I at the ranch (1).jpg
2) San Jose, CA
3) 2006 Jeep Rubicon LJ
4) Plenty of off road experience. Learned to drive in Bodie CA at 15 in the family 48 Willy's CJ2A. I've traveled the deserts of the western U.S. as a young geologist. Plenty of snow driving in Idaho. Recently joined this group as I like supporting those who support me. Also a member of California Four Wheel Drive Association. Up coming trips include Death Valley in April, the Mojave Road in May with CFWDA, Lower Blue Lakes in July...

JeepinZJ

Rank 0

Traveler I

IMG_2388.JPG We started off roading back in 2015 when we bought our 2013 Honda Ridgeline. A year in a half later we bought our 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Both rigs have seen their fair share of dirt, mud, sand and bushes. We also go out on recoverys if need be, I wouldn't say we are new to off roading but I wouldn't say we know it all either, we learn something every trip out. We know what trails we can't go down either, but we do stretch our legs on e in a while.

We live in Downey, Ca but spent most Sundays in Azusa where I volunteer with Forest Service in the OHV.

BeardedJeeper-JKU

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Wooden
Member #

Greetings from Newcastle Australia guys.

Heres a couple of snaps of my Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 Turbo Diesel or for you foreigners the L200. Just installed the Tonneau cover this morning as I have a baby due in a matter of weeks and needed somewhere i could put the pram and not have it rained on. That has also slowed my plans for my camping setup i had planned for the tub. A few more cosmetic changes due in the next couple of weeks and also have new underbody bash plates to install this weekend.

loving all the rigs I'm seeing on this forum, so much inspiration for my own rig. Happy overlanding!!!

Toyo4x4

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all,
Located near enough to Portland Or to count. I have been an avid outdoorsman for most of my life, and look forward to may more adventures. My wife and i just got a 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport, but before that it was an 08 Jeep Comander. We enjoy getting out as much as possible, and have several trips planned for this summer.
Maybe we will see you on the road.

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

10633263_10154125994732147_2361445305234321742_o.jpg DSC_0180.JPG IMG_2373.JPG IMG_2477.JPG IMG_3676.JPG

Rigs:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/Overland Options (WK2)
2.75" Rocky-Road Outfitters
Old Man Emu Struts
1.75" Spider-Trax Wheel Spacers
33X12.50R20 Atturo MTs
OEM 20" Overland Wheels

2000 Grand Cherokee Limited (WJ)
Vari-lok Dana 35 & Dana 44
6.5" Iron Rock Offroad Critical Path LA
Bilstein 5100 Series
Old Man Emu HD Steering
Kevin Offroad Bushings
17" Procomp Steeles
35X12.50R17 Atturo MTs
Rola Rack w/360* LEDs

Experience:
First off, I am am so happy to be apart of the Overland Bound Community! I have been in the Jeep community for years, starting with a stock TJ that ended up with a stretch, comp-cut fenders and 38" Pitbulls... but, after my first Overland Experience in March of 2016, there is no looking back as this life style is exactly what we have been looking for. Last spring, my then girlfriend and I set out to Pike National Forest in Colorado from Dallas, Texas. We arrived as boyfriend and girlfriend and left with a new chapter to our lives as an engaged couple. We trekked straight to Pike National Forest, then headed back south, stopping at The Royal Gorge and Palo Duro Canyon. Since then, we have done several trips to the Ouachita National Forest as well as the Ozark National Forest.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

View attachment 19396 View attachment 19397 View attachment 19398 View attachment 19399 View attachment 19400

Rigs:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/Overland Options (WK2)
2.75" Rocky-Road Outfitters
Old Man Emu Struts
1.75" Spider-Trax Wheel Spacers
33X12.50R20 Atturo MTs
OEM 20" Overland Wheels

2000 Grand Cherokee Limited (WJ)
Vari-lok Dana 35 & Dana 44
6.5" Iron Rock Offroad Critical Path LA
Bilstein 5100 Series
Old Man Emu HD Steering
Kevin Offroad Bushings
17" Procomp Steeles
35X12.50R17 Atturo MTs
Rola Rack w/360* LEDs

Experience:
First off, I am am so happy to be apart of the Overland Bound Community! I have been in the Jeep community for years, starting with a stock TJ that ended up with a stretch, comp-cut fenders and 38" Pitbulls... but, after my first Overland Experience in March of 2016, there is no looking back as this life style is exactly what we have been looking for. Last spring, my then girlfriend and I set out to Pike National Forest in Colorado from Dallas, Texas. We arrived as boyfriend and girlfriend and left with a new chapter to our lives as an engaged couple. We trekked straight to Pike National Forest, then headed back south, stopping at The Royal Gorge and Palo Duro Canyon. Since then, we have done several trips to the Ouachita National Forest as well as the Ozark National Forest.
love the rigs!! also congrats on the engagement!!
also welcome over to the overland bound community!

the more I see the wk2s lifted and on bigger tires the more I want one!!

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

That 2014 WK2 looks nice.. I am also a fan of the WJ and I would still like to purchase one of those as well - love the vari-loks. Great vehicles, what engines are in them?
the wj (99-04) only came with the 4.0 inline 6 or the 4.7l v8 power tech (99-01) or High output (02-04) options available on this engine

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
We were looking at an '02 Overland with the High Output V8 and if it did not have rust on it I would have purchased it. My only fear of owning a GC is when the heater core goes out and I have to spend $1200 to replace a $35 (core). Which is why we decided on the 4Runner

Reactions: The GrooGrux King

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

That 2014 WK2 looks nice.. I am also a fan of the WJ and I would still like to purchase one of those as well - love the vari-loks. Great vehicles, what engines are in them?
The WJ has the 4.7L which has about 1000 miles on it and the WK2 has the 3.6L. The factory gearing in the V6 WK2s is perfect for the 33s.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk