Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

NC
Member #

New member here.

1) Picture? Meh.
2) Location? Eastern NC.
3) Rig? 2011 4Runner. Most "overland" mods are are the inside. Building it up, but using it hard in the meantime.
4) Overlanding Experience Background? Lots of travel via all modes except for trains. Four continents so far.

MGBeatlefan

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello everyone! Always good to start an intro with a picture :)

My name is Patrick and I'm in Zimmerman, MN. Pretty new to overlanding as I really only heard about it last spring from one of our customers over in the UK.

My current rig is a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee which is doubling as my daily driver. Fairly mild build compared to what I'm used to.

Looking forward to the wealth of information here and to great adventures!

BTW, this is my other rig for those that are wondering what I compare the Grand to :)

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hi everybody! Since I got an awesome welcome on the @overlandbound Instagram account yesterday I suppose I should stop my chronic lurking and post an introduction message!

My name is Brien and I live in Tucson, AZ with my wife and two kids. I'm not new to adventuring, but most of my previous outings have been with canoes or kayaks or on foot. I am new to overlanding. This past summer we picked up a 2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon and we are just starting to set that up for some longer overlanding. We try to take her out as much as we can, right now about 2-3 times a month. My wife and I have decided that for 2017 we're diving head first into as much wilderness as we can.

I've already learned a bunch for this community and am excited to keep absorbing all of your awesome knowledge and hopefully reciprocating by sharing my own, as limited as it is.

Here's our four wheeled baby, we call her Jolene. She likes to play in the rocks, dirt, and sand here in the desert. I wish I had a better recent pic, this is from a couple days ago while airing back up after a day trip up into the snow in the Santa Rita Mountains near where we live.

RealMcCoy

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rhode Island
Member #

Hello everyone I'm new to the group.

My name is Chris and I live Rhode Island.

I just retired my old rig and upgraded to a 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i limited. I plan on keeping the drivetrain and suspension stock. I will be adding a auxiliary electrical system for a fridge, LED light bars and charging port.

I have been traveling all my life. I have been blessed to have parents who love to travel and camp. Before I became an adult my parents took my brother and I all across the US from California to Maine, Florida to Minnesota and most places in between all in a Chevy Astro van pulling a pop-up. Today my wife and I show our daughter the same enthusiasm and excitement for travel and adventure. I'm excited to be a member of this group and look forward to reading about all the adventures everyone is going on. Cheers Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello, everyone!

My name is Matthew, it is a pleasure to be part of the OB family and forum. I look forward to gaining an abundance of knowledge about over landing and hopeful to make some more friends along the way too.

Member #0752 - first time on the forum.

Here are our rigs:

2016 Toyota TRD Pro 4runner (Mostly stock, 1.5" front ToyTec spacer, Gobi Ladder, Thule Rack, Tepui Ayer Tent, Rigid Amber D2 Floods for Fog-Lights)
2012 Land Rover, Range Rover Sport HSE LUX (33" BFG K02 w. 2.5" Lift, ARB Under-Armor)

Photos are from a few trips. 1st- Burns Canyon (2N02 Trail last weekend) / Joshua Tree / Barton Flats Campground. & El Mirage Dry our wonderful, adventurous co-pilot for the wife and I, Dobby the Yorkie!
Until the next adventure...
Hey Matthew.... Welcome to OB! It's great having you here and wow, such great rigs!!! I really love your 4Runner and RRS - both so awesome. Love seeing a Toyota/Land Rover family! ;-) Looking forward to keeping in touch.

Reactions: Adventure-Yeti

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Now I can make a proper introduction.
I am new to Overland Bound and today I just received my badge and number 2953.
A little about me: I am an athlete and outdoorsman with a love for the wild. I am also a survivalist and military veteran, U.S. Marines of 9 years before medical retirement combat related injuries. I am joined by my wife whom is also a veteran, and our two pups. We were hesitant to join sooner but after much research on the community as well as the founders and purpose behind it all, we finally came in. Reasons for the hesitation is neither of us ever owned a Toyota, and I recently sold my 96 XJ Jeep. Considering the vehicles we noticed everyone operates out of, we felt we would be laughed at, or outlast. We are a very diverse couple as well and unsure how or if we would be accepted. Im not sure how long this introduction is supposed to be, so please forgive my drawn out text.
For the last 21 months I have been working on Ugly Betty. Ugly Betty was a "semi-stock" 2003 dodge Ram 1500 that I purchased from a guy who bought it in an auction to flip it. This truck was ugly! It had been wrecked, badly. The front was smashed to hell, axle was busted bent and snapped in all the wrong places but had one great motor. My wife hated the truck and didn't see the inner beauty that I saw. Anyways, I put a lot of time wrenching 99% of the work on my own and of course the $$$ to do so[emoji21]. Needless to say, the Ugly Betty is no more. She still has some imperfections but runs strong and gets through anything, plus a very smooth and enjoyable ride as well. Sent from my SM-G530T using OB Talk mobile app
Welcome to Overland Bound! It's great having you and your wife here and you are both very welcome with whatever rig you have! :-) Ugly Betty is awesome! This is a great group and not everyone has a Toyota and definitely no one will ever laugh at you.

A big heartfelt thank you for your service and sacrifice for all of us - it is so greatly appreciated!

Warmest welcomes.... David

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I just retired my old rig and upgraded to a 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i limited. I plan on keeping the drivetrain and suspension stock. I will be adding a auxiliary electrical system for a fridge, LED light bars and charging port.

I have been traveling all my life. I have been blessed to have parents who love to travel and camp. Before I became an adult my parents took my brother and I all across the US from California to Maine, Florida to Minnesota and most places in between all in a Chevy Astro van pulling a pop-up. Today my wife and I show our daughter the same enthusiasm and excitement for travel and adventure. I'm excited to be a member of this group and look forward to reading about all the adventures everyone is going on. Cheers Chris.
I know I said welcome in the MA forum, but wanted to extend a bit welcome to you on here!

Reactions: Rich and RealMcCoy

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi everybody! Since I got an awesome welcome on the @overlandbound Instagram account yesterday I suppose I should stop my chronic lurking and post an introduction message!

My name is Brien and I live in Tucson, AZ with my wife and two kids. I'm not new to adventuring, but most of my previous outings have been with canoes or kayaks or on foot. I am new to overlanding. This past summer we picked up a 2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon and we are just starting to set that up for some longer overlanding. We try to take her out as much as we can, right now about 2-3 times a month. My wife and I have decided that for 2017 we're diving head first into as much wilderness as we can.

I've already learned a bunch for this community and am excited to keep absorbing all of your awesome knowledge and hopefully reciprocating by sharing my own, as limited as it is.

Here's our four wheeled baby, we call her Jolene. She likes to play in the rocks, dirt, and sand here in the desert. I wish I had a better recent pic, this is from a couple days ago while airing back up after a day trip up into the snow in the Santa Rita Mountains near where we live.
Welcome, Brien! It's great having you here!

Reactions: brien

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733

Welcome from a fellow Subaru Outback member! We are gaining quite the number of them on here lately!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Im definitely excited to be turned mine into a Overland vehicle!
Since you are in my general area, I wanted to let you know that my brother is a master fabricator and is currently working on various designs for Subarus (roof rack, metal bumpers, tire swing away, etc.). I'll keep you posted!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 14401 View attachment 14399 View attachment 14397 View attachment 14394 Hey like minded folks! My name is Austin and I live in North-East Florida. My rig is a 1988 Range Rover Classic that I have owned for 12 years. Transformed from a trailered mud truck to A Rover that Just drove 7,000 miles in 32 days from Florida to California and many places in between to do the Rubicon Trail and then drove back home to FL.
How did I miss this AWESOME rig!!! Welcome.... That's so cool.

Reactions: Jeff Neese

RealMcCoy

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rhode Island
Member #

Since you are in my general area, I wanted to let you know that my brother is a master fabricator and is currently working on various designs for Subarus (roof rack, metal bumpers, tire swing away, etc.). I'll keep you posted!
Yes thanks keep me posted. Does he live in the area?