First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all.

Jordan from Texas, just southeast of Austin. New here, not new to cars/trucks, and not new to forums. Glad to see there is a community of like-minded individuals.

My overland build is a new-to-me 2017 GMC Canyon Denali 4wd, short bed, crew cab. I have only had it a few months, still getting ideas about what direction I would like to go with it for modding.

I am quite experienced with camping, was in BSA all the way up to Eagle scout, was in the Army, and have had several weekend trips to various NP's around the country. After growing up in Ohio, I have lived in Georgia, Virginia, Arizona, California, and now Texas. I am excited to start exploring the state.

I have read several posts on these forums already - this seems like a pretty well-put-together community and I love the Map and Rally Point options. Hoping to meet some of you fine people soon. Cheers
Hello Jordan(@Tennpenn83 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas. There are two meet ups close to you.

South Central Texas has this meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas

The one we attend for North Central Texas is in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

There's also a trip through the Hill Country coming up this Saturday if you can make it. Check it out here: Annual Texas Hill Country Route Trip

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi! I’m Harry, new to the app so here is my intro. I’m from Camden, Delaware, my wife and I have both a 2009 JKU that is fairly well outfitted for our local area, as well as a 2000 disco 2 that I picked up cheap to build at the local tech school where I teach automotive to Adults. We are fairly well versed in camping and the outdoors, from tents and hiking to a 40’ toy hauler and everything in between. Just getting into the overland side of things though, planning on the PA bdr loop this summer.
Greetings Harry, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi all.

Jordan from Texas, just southeast of Austin. New here, not new to cars/trucks, and not new to forums. Glad to see there is a community of like-minded individuals.

My overland build is a new-to-me 2017 GMC Canyon Denali 4wd, short bed, crew cab. I have only had it a few months, still getting ideas about what direction I would like to go with it for modding.

I am quite experienced with camping, was in BSA all the way up to Eagle scout, was in the Army, and have had several weekend trips to various NP's around the country. After growing up in Ohio, I have lived in Georgia, Virginia, Arizona, California, and now Texas. I am excited to start exploring the state.

I have read several posts on these forums already - this seems like a pretty well-put-together community and I love the Map and Rally Point options. Hoping to meet some of you fine people soon. Cheers
Greetings Jordan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Tim from Western Pa, my rig is a stock 2023 Nissan Frontier.
I'm a novice with lots of questions.
Welcome To Overland Bound Tim
@Wawa Skittletits is one of the Local Experts in your area.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Phill and Jill

Rank II

Contributor II

Lochearnhead, Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Ragsdell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Frosty
Hi everyone,
I’m Phill and my partner Is Jill.
We have a 1999 Landrovers Defender called Brian!
He is going through some changes being upgraded for ‘Phill’s and Jill’s Big Trip’
We hope to set of from Scotland in Early July to Overland to Singapore.
Will add photos of Brian as he was soon. When the build is over I’ll pass on some more.
Thanks for letting us be a member and hope to meet and chat with you soon
Back the the spanner’s and Landrover madness
Phill

hrichard

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger III

Camden, DE, USA
First Name
HARRY
Last Name
RICHARD
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3UVV
Hi everyone,
He is going through some changes being upgraded for ‘Phill’s and Jill’s Big Trip’
Will add photos of Brian as he was soon. When the build is over I’ll pass on some more.
Phill
Hi Phill and Jill! Welcome from the Delmarva peninsula on the east coast!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone,
Phill
Hello Phill and Jill, welcome to Overland Bound.

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi everyone,
Phill
Hi Phil and Jill,

Welcome to the OB community from us in France.

It's always good to see other defender. Good luck with the restoration and pre adventure works.

We are definitely looking forward to following your progress.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi everyone,
Phill
Hallo Phill & Jill
Nice to have a another landy madman onboard
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi everyone,
Phill
Greetings Jill and Phill, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi everyone,
Phill
Hi Phill and Jill,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

I am one of the Overland Bound European Ambassadors. Dave @Polaris Overland , also OB Europe Ambassador is based in the UK and could bring you in touch with the nearest Local Expert.

Please do not hesitate to contact him or me for questions regarding Overland Bound, the App or information regarding overlanding.

Local information for any of the OB regions can also be found in the Overland Bound by region forum. Each region has its own sub-forum. UK, for example, belongs to the region West Europe. So, this link leads to the West Europe subforum. Feel free to introduce yourself to your local area there.

Please take a look at the Rally Points for planned events. There you can filter by region. There are plenty of meetups planned for 2024 for Europe already.

If you have any other questions just ask, please. Always happy to help.

Safe travels,

Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,
Phill
Welcome To Overland Bound Phill and Jill.
Our European Ambassadors are Dave Spinks @Polaris Overland and Bjoern Eldracher @El-Dracho, both have traveled extensivly in Europe. Dave has also gone on part of your upcoming trip and might be able to give you some advise.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
Mid Europe
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

BOMBS

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

West Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
HOA
Last Name
HUYNH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WSAN860
Hi all.

Hello Jordan! Welcome to Overland Bound!

BOMBS

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

West Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
HOA
Last Name
HUYNH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WSAN860
Hi! I’m Harry, new to the app so here is my intro. I’m from Camden, Delaware, my wife and I have both a 2009 JKU that is fairly well outfitted for our local area, as well as a 2000 disco 2 that I picked up cheap to build at the local tech school where I teach automotive to Adults. We are fairly well versed in camping and the outdoors, from tents and hiking to a 40’ toy hauler and everything in between. Just getting into the overland side of things though, planning on the PA bdr loop this summer.
Hello Harry! Welcome to Overland Bound!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone,
Phill
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

UAmatt89

Rank IV

Advocate II

Sierra Vista, AZ, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6HNY
Service Branch
USAF retired
Hi everyone,
Phill
Landrovers... I have equal parts of love and hate with my 1995 Defender. Sometimes the hate turns to rage. But I always forgive, then forget and the cycle starts over. Good luck and be safe on your travels. Welcome to OB!

Matt

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello!
New to overlanding world so im just a nerd
Name is Carlos
Rig: 1992 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer

Im still new so im taking it step by step and plan to move to the states later and build up my rig.
Hi Carlos,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Wow, that Bronco is looking awesome.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern