Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
jonathon
Last Name
Wiedmer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYM477 GMRS
Greetings fellow travelers! New member here but have been doing this for a while now, although until recently just figured I was just driving through the woods and camping when I got tired... never realizing there was a name for it lol! I am a wrecker and recovery operator which is slightly helpful when off roading and needing to help someone or myself get out whatever mayhem just happened. Graduated from my 07 FJC to a 2023 Gladiator (JTR) about 6 months ago and have been upgrading and modding as much as my time and finances can afford, seems to be an ongoing process and most definitely an addiction. Most recent long trip was solo last fall on the WABDR sections 1-5, having to bail the last section due to a battery problem in Conconully. No lift at this point but the 35's on the rubicon suspension seem to be a pretty good combination to get me where I need to go. Looking forward to meeting some great people out there!

jeep_dunes2.jpgjeep_dunes1.jpgjeep_wabdr1.jpg

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Greetings fellow travelers! New member here but have been doing this for a while now, although until recently just figured I was just driving through the woods and camping when I got tired... never realizing there was a name for it lol! I am a wrecker and recovery operator which is slightly helpful when off roading and needing to help someone or myself get out whatever mayhem just happened. Graduated from my 07 FJC to a 2023 Gladiator (JTR) about 6 months ago and have been upgrading and modding as much as my time and finances can afford, seems to be an ongoing process and most definitely an addiction. Most recent long trip was solo last fall on the WABDR sections 1-5, having to bail the last section due to a battery problem in Conconully. No lift at this point but the 35's on the rubicon suspension seem to be a pretty good combination to get me where I need to go. Looking forward to meeting some great people out there!

View attachment 274764View attachment 274765View attachment 274766
Hallo Jonathon
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi All, New to Overlanding . I wanted to try some remote camping away from the crowded parks. I am looking to find some areas in Northern Vt, NH and North Maine woods. I enjoy day/overnight hikes into the back country.

Rig: 2023 Ford Raptor w/ OL rack and hard shell tent.
Experience: Novice OL camping. Mid-lvl 4x4 . Very experienced hiker and deep woods camping.
Hallo Peter
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello Overlanders! Just joined the community to start exploring again after hibernating for the last ~20ish years. Looking forward to replacing and upgrading components on my rig to prepare for some interesting adventures.

Rig: Relatively stock 1995 Defender 90 (original owner)
Experience: Past experience offroading in Baja, California, Colorado and Arizona. Also spent time exploring Western Sahara for 6 months a few years ago...
Hallo Matt
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello Overlanders! Just joined the community to start exploring again after hibernating for the last ~20ish years. Looking forward to replacing and upgrading components on my rig to prepare for some interesting adventures.

Rig: Relatively stock 1995 Defender 90 (original owner)
Experience: Past experience offroading in Baja, California, Colorado and Arizona. Also spent time exploring Western Sahara for 6 months a few years ago...
Hi Matt,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi All, New to Overlanding . I wanted to try some remote camping away from the crowded parks. I am looking to find some areas in Northern Vt, NH and North Maine woods. I enjoy day/overnight hikes into the back country.

Experience: Novice OL camping. Mid-lvl 4x4 . Very experienced hiker and deep woods camping.
Hi Peter,

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Jonathon,

Nice setup.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi there,

Welcome to OB from us in France

Cheers Paul and Nicky

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hiya,

Welcome to the OB community from us in France

Cheers Paul and Nicky

BOMBS

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

West Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
HOA
Last Name
HUYNH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WSAN860

Hello Peter! Welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound
Great looking JT.
Local Expert Dave B. @OTH Overland is a great resource in your area.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. NorthWest (AK WA ID OR)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, been looking for a site that shares an appreciation for the overland adventures and you seem to fit the bill.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Local Expert @PapaDave is a great resource in your area, he also organizes a local meet up.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. NorthWest (AK WA ID OR)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Jonathan! I think I saw you are signed up for our Hells Canyon to Dug Bar trip. I’m glad you are gonna make it, it’s an easy one but great views! We don’t have a meet up this month as we will use the trip. The truck looks great!

Our meet up info is on the second post of the link in my signature.

Dave

North Idaho Meet Up- Eastern WA and Western Montana US Northwest - North Idaho Meet Up- Eastern WA and Western Montana

photo from our Glacier NP Trip
21D1D9A7-B47C-48DD-8207-B3219E47FDF2.jpeg

Last edited:

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello all, been looking for a site that shares an appreciation for the overland adventures and you seem to fit the bill.
Hey Gary

My name is Dave and I run the Eastern Washington North Idaho meet up. We usually meet the second Sunday of the month but for March we are changing out the meeting for our trip March 15 through the 17th. We are going down south to Hells canyon and driving out to Dug bar. Pretty easy trip, but helps us get out with so much snow on the mountains. If you can make it come along. Perfect trip for wives, children, dogs, and we will likely do a Saturday night taco potluck.

If you want to check it out, the link to the meet up is in my signature below. Hope you are doing well.

Dave

From our Christmas tree run
19AEAB1A-2EAF-4D9F-8959-23BE8BCB31E6.jpeg

Last edited:

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Johnathan, Welcome to Overland Bound! Awesome looking Gladiator, you have been busy getting it outfitted. Glad you enjoyed the WABDR, too bad about missing out on the 6th section, its one of my favorite sections, but defiantly good choice to bail as you are a lot farther from services at Nighthawk. There are tons of side trips and alternate routes on 4-6 to explore. We are up in that area a lot. @PapaDave does a lot of meetups and trips in your area (Eastern WA and Northern ID) keep an eye out for his Rally Points on the schedule. We are on the West side of the state, but do several in the Cascades and Central WA each year, along with the NW Overland Rally and Expo PNW. I was also a wrecker operator for a heavy towing and recovery company many years ago, defiantly gives you a good background in safe recoveries. Look forward to meeting you on the trail or meetup one day.