Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! James here. New to the overland community and am really exited to explore. Located in Beaverton, OR. Have a Go Rhino XRT rack with a hard top tent on an F150. Would love to see similar rigs and any suggestions on areas to explore. We did our first trip out to the Tillamook Forest.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Sorry for the late welcome, I have just returned from a 25 day trip on the US Continental Divide Trail with several other Overland Bound members.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. NorthWest (AK WA ID OR)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2011 Tundra DC 4x4
Previous Vehicle: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Overland Experience: Intermediate

Hello all. I used to do alot of car camping before getting married and then when the kids were little. Then I got more into backpacking, mostly doing trips in the mountains of NC/SC. Now the kids are much older and enjoying their own thing. The wife refuses to do any more camping unless we're in a travel trailer (thinks monsters will get her), but I enjoy NOT having a small apartment with me, so I still enjoy camping. I never really thought much about overlanding but after considering it, I've probably done more of that in camping from my truck or Jeep than anything. I'm semi-retired now and have much more time to get back into nature these days. I already have alot of equipment from camping and backpacking but I could stand to get a new sleeping shelter, as I'm beginning to consider more and more getting off the ground and onto a cot or other platform. The last time I went backpacking I noticed that I was not really enjoying the stiffness that accompanied getting up off the ground in the mornings. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy getting away from it all, but I've been interested in getting way back on forest roads and old logging paths in a vehicle to get away for a long time. It's alot easier on my back and knees when my truck carries most of the weight! I haven't really done much in the way of modifying my truck. It's my DD so I don't want to mess with it too much. The cargo capacity on these trucks is notoriously low and I'd rather spend my money when I NEED something, factoring weight, rather than for the cool factor. But it'll still get me back into the woods!

So I'm looking forward to learning from the members here and discovering some new places to go now that I have the time. I'm looking forward to being here!
Sorry for the late welcome, I have just returned from a 25 day trip on the US Continental Divide Trail with several other Overland Bound members.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Current Vehicle: Ford bronco 94

Overland Experience: Novice

actualmente me mudo a baja California, soy español y quiero empezar a viajar y descubrir sitios especiales y comunicarme con la naturaleza y proteger la naturaleza, me he unido con fines de conocer gente que quiera venir a descubrir y pasar buenos momentos compartiendo experiencias y aprender sobre todo, con el tiempo me gustaría ir de baja sur a Canadá pasando por toda la costa y me encantaría conocer overlander , si alguien se anima a bajar , podéis contar conmigo para ir a descubrir caminos y lugares preciosos que tiene este país , un saludo y nos vemos en los caminos de tierra

I am currently moving to Baja California, I am Spanish and I want to start traveling and discover special places and communicate with nature and protect nature, I have joined in order to meet people who want to come to discover and have a good time sharing experiences and learning about Everything, with time I would like to go from Baja Sur to Canada, passing through the entire coast and I would love to visit Overlander. If someone dares to go down, you can count on me to go discover the paths and beautiful places that this country has, regards and see you on the dirt roads
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, Justin here. I've had this account for a while but haven't posted before. I am in Yucca Valley, CA and have a moderately modified 2007 FJ Cruiser that I call the Yellow Submarine. I would say I'm fairly experienced, having done many overland trips through CA, AZ, NV, UT, OR and WA over the last 10 years.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys I am new to the group.
I am in South west England, currently drive a 2007 Navara which I am building for 6 months long traveling. I am not an expert but had a few adventures.
@Polaris Overland is our European Ambassador and can get you in contact with a Local Expert near you.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name is Adrienne (aka thelandymission on ig)

About to head off traveling from Cape Town to Namibia in my 2006 Defender TD5 via Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania -

Keen for tips and to meet fellow travelers!
Welcome To Overland Bound Adrienne
You might contact our African Ambassador @Get Out GO, he is a wealth of knowledge regarding Africa.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
G'day folks:

1) Sacramento, CA
2) Just swapped my 08 4Runner for a '23 Ranger FX4
3) XP is somewhere between novice and intermediate.

Been down plenty of remote county/forest/blm roads and dispersed camping, but never organized my own multi-day, multi-camp trips. Now that I'm a new dad, back backing trips are perhaps a few years out, but overlanding has immediate potential. My truck is all stock at the moment, probably will be for some time, but looking to meet some outdoor-minded folks in Sac Valley to hit the Sierras, northern coast, and other areas I don't yet know of. New to California within last couple years.

Appreciate all the guidance and relationships I've yet to build. Best,
Brian
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a very active meet-up in El Dorado Hills, The Sierra Foothills Overlanders that meets monthly. They can be found on the map and calendar.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 263610
1) DFW area, Texas.
2) 1993 Ford Bronco XLT - 5.8L V8
3) Zero Overlanding experience, plenty of primitive camping and quite a bit of off roading background as well.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings,

I'm Chris. I currently have a stock Rav4 XLE Hybrid to get me out and about that doubles as a DD and also as an occasional clown car when the whole family wants to come along with the pup and I on adventures. As a teen I'd fill up the tank, hit Crown Point, and then move out into the back roads and leisure cruise with some music. Young adult life didn't give me that opportunity and now that I have a vehicle that can kind of do it I am kinda making it work. I am currently exploring forest roads around Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson for dispersed camping and have been wanting to go check out the areas around Bend when it gets a bit cooler as well. I have no hardcore trail experience, but I've been learning from my trips and what I can from YouTube. I'll figure out what I want in a future rig when I've found enough things to do with it that my current one is incapable of. Then do the whole exploration process again.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

I'm Jonathan from Fullerton, California.
I currently have a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4xe. No mods and planning on keeping it mostly stock and just have accessories. I feel like the SUV is already more than what I'm brave enough for. I just have ditch pods and rock lights (probably more use as camping lights). One day, I would like to replace my Yakima Megawarrior roof basket with a Gobi Stealth. Partial to the mesh/basket types. But my ideal build will be more for camping/dwelling and trailing rather than heavy wheeling. I mainly look forward to adventures and opening up the world for my little one as he grows up.

My experience includes just checking out Mojave backroads and multiple trips up to my local peak, Santiago Peak, via system of fire roads and some "bonus credit" areas. I used to go up Maple Springs Rd and Main Divide multiple times in a 2004 LX470 (which we've since sold...big mistake).

Found out about Overland Bound because of Michael's YouTube videos and I got my Gazelle tent and gazebos because of his reviews. I look forward to this community's suggestions for gear, cool places, tips, and making friends.

Some pictures of my ride:
View attachment 263523
View attachment 263525
View attachment 263526
Welcome to Overland Bound Jonathan
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2022 F-150 Tremor 33" AT tires (275/70R18) - 2" Front Level
Experience: A fair amount of off-roading and exploring. New to setting up an overlander.

I've been working on a discreet overlanding "build" on my 2022 Tremor 402a. I've decided to put an A.R.E. Z2 topper on it and keep the gear "internalized" with the possibility of a future Rhino Pioneer Platform and 270 Batwing. In the process, I've been scouring online resources to customize Molle panels, internal fans, tailgate tents, racks, etc. Looking for insights, tips, and tricks.
Three Local Experts in the CO area are @neal A.Tew Pueblo, @Iridium Fort Collins, @trail_runn4r Denver.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. Rocky Mountain (MT ND SD NE KS CO UT WY)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Check out Overland Expo About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1. Las Vegas NV
2. 2005 chevy colorado (pics on profile)
3. Pretty beginner, just trying to get out there and wheel some easier trails
A great contact in Las Vegas is Local Expert @mwilson920
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a local group that gets together that can be found on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.co

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All

I’m Ken from Oregon, I just got into Overlanding and I can’t wait to explore some trails. Hit me up if you know of some cool stuff I should checkout in Oregon. Oh and I have a Bronco.

Ken
Welcome To Overland Bound Ken
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Rig: 2022 F-150 Tremor 33" AT tires (275/70R18) - 2" Front Level
Experience: A fair amount of off-roading and exploring. New to setting up an overlander.

I've been working on a discreet overlanding "build" on my 2022 Tremor 402a. I've decided to put an A.R.E. Z2 topper on it and keep the gear "internalized" with the possibility of a future Rhino Pioneer Platform and 270 Batwing. In the process, I've been scouring online resources to customize Molle panels, internal fans, tailgate tents, racks, etc. Looking for insights, tips, and tricks.
Welcome, Dave! I'm just south of you. Nice setup you got there!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

1) DFW area, Texas.
3) Zero Overlanding experience, plenty of primitive camping and quite a bit of off roading background as well.
Hello Jeff, welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are also a ham radio operator. Hopefully you will join in over on our communication section as well.

Bronco_J&S

Rank III

Member I

Fort Worth Alliance Airport, Aviator Way, Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Blazoney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5SEF
Service Branch
Army
1) DFW area, Texas.
Hello Jeff, welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are also a ham radio operator. Hopefully you will join in over on our communication section as well.
Very nice to meet you. Yes, I actually travel to Oklahoma often but haven't hit any trails, I'd love a local opinion of where to visit. I am working on my Genreal in the HAM world. Do you do any HF work?

CruzrDave

Rank II

Contributor III

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Carnahan
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Dave and I’m from Clovis, Ca. I currently have a 1996 LX450. I’ve been doing the overland thing for many years. I’m hoping to learn more and explore more. I’ve been aware of this community for awhile and I just decided it was time to join.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone. My name is Dave and I’m from Clovis, Ca. I currently have a 1996 LX450. I’ve been doing the overland thing for many years. I’m hoping to learn more and explore more. I’ve been aware of this community for awhile and I just decided it was time to join.
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound.

JLOverland

Rank I

Contributor III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
vonGynzGuethle
Wife and I with 7-yr and 9-yr old kids here in Houston, TX. We are novices to overlanding but have driven many miles all over the world. Camping when we were much younger but nothing since. Backpacked for 6 months around the world pre-kids....

Vehicle is a 2018 GX 460 Luxury stock, purchased a few weeks ago with 46k miles and CPO. Love it already compared to our 2021 Tacoma DCLB OR (which we traded).

Our goal is to start getting out there and camping, progressing to short overlanding trips and see where it leads us!

Cheers,

Lee