Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

California native here, but grew up in London England. Have been living in NYC and Detroit for the last 20 years. Not new to adventure, camping and overlanding but new to OB and my 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams that I've had for about a year… Since I purchased this guy I've made many upgrades (most not pictured but I'll start a build/rig thread sometime soon) and have visited 29 National Parks and tons of trails in many fun areas like Ouray and Moab. Happy to be here :)

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
California native here, but grew up in London England. Have been living in NYC and Detroit for the last 20 years. Not new to adventure, camping and overlanding but new to OB and my 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams that I've had for about a year… Since I purchased this guy I've made many upgrades (most not pictured but I'll start a build/rig thread sometime soon) and have visited 29 National Parks and tons of trails in many fun areas like Ouray and Moab. Happy to be here :)

Wow beautiful rig and pics! Hope to see a build thread.

W6WWK

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hello all,

My name Matt, I currently live in Folsom, CA. I am new off roading, but have done some vehicle base travel. 2016 summer my girlfriend, her daughter and I went on a 3 week, 8053 miles road trip (I say road trip because all of our stops were in civilization). We went from Sacramento to Key West Florida. The intent of the trip was to see America and that we did.... it was awesome.. I really want to get off highway and into the backcountry. The Overland Bound community looks like the perfect place to learn.

(the attach photo was the last morning in a San Diego KOA)
SAM_0726.JPG

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello all,

My name Matt, I currently live in Folsom, CA. I am new off roading, but have done some vehicle base travel. 2016 summer my girlfriend, her daughter and I went on a 3 week, 8053 miles road trip (I say road trip because all of our stops were in civilization). We went from Sacramento to Key West Florida. The intent of the trip was to see America and that we did.... it was awesome.. I really want to get off highway and into the backcountry. The Overland Bound community looks like the perfect place to learn.

View attachment 13758
Welcome to the group Matt,

Sent from my SM-N910P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: JaimyMac630

Excursioner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, Oregon
First Name
Ex
Last Name
Cursioner
Member #

Nice road trip,Matt! Here in Oregon we have something called the OBDR (Oregon Backroads Discovery Route) which takes one on backroads throughout several beautiful routes in Oregon's rugged mountain and high desert country. I know Washington state has their own version and i think Idaho has their own version as well. I have always dreamt about connecting these backroad routes through the western states for an epic "back" road trip with fuel and re-Supply(and maintenance) points scattered throughout the journey. I havent looked into California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona yet but now you have me curious and i am gonna have to start researching that idea. Oh, and welcome everyone.

Uriel Ramirez

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sedro Woolley, wa
Member #

Well after being out of town for 3 weeks I returned to find my membership package had arrived. New member #3163, my name is John and I am in Nashville, TN. So with that as my inspiration I thought it was time to spend a couple days working on the "Outfit" part of the program so that soon I can begin the "Explore" part.

Still much more to come in the next few weeks but it's a start. Anybody in the Mid South that would like to meet up give me a shout.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Love the rig I have one same color

Reactions: finlayforprez

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
My name is John, and my wife and I are living and travelling fulltime in a 07 power wagon with a 2017 Black Rock travel trailer. I retired from the Army in August of 2016, and we decided work sucks and to hit the road. We use the trailer as our forward operating base and do lots of overlanding with the wagon. We are from Washington, but our home has wheels and we like travelling. I have over 30 years of offroading experience, and I was a journeyman autobody tech, and a volunteet search and rescue EMT. I am a member of the power wagon registry, and was on the Expedition forum until the drama got too crazy. Seems like a more down to earth group here, so I hope I can contribute. Hope to meet people as we travel. Here is a photo at Alabama Hills CA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

esrice

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

New member #3306 here!

My name is Evan and I live in Indianapolis, IN.

My rig is a 2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited.

IMG_1550.JPG

I've had it for about 2 years and have been modifying it as time and money allows. Current mods are:

Toytec 3" lift
SPC UCAs
FN Five Stars in black
265/70/16 Goodyear ArmorTrac ATs
Plastidipped all Toyota badges
Unknown bull bar
Yakima LoadWarrior roof basket w/QuickFist mounts for shovel and axe
Ebay tail light guards
LED headlights
LED fog lights in yellow
Rear hitch recovery shackle
T4R member custom front recovery shackle mounts

And now includes my new OB badges!

IMG_1662.JPG

Future mods include: 33"s, sliders, bumper, winch, RTT, rear bumper, and so on.

I've made a goal in 2017 to get outdoors more and relieve as much stress as possible with "woods therapy". I think you kind folks here at OB can help me with that.

I look forward to chatting with you all!

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1551.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

Attachments

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

OB#3277
DURANGO, CO
92 Toyota Pickup 22re 257k
Hi everyone I just bought this Wildernest the other day and felt that it's appropriate to finally join OB. The only overland experience I've had is a week long camping/exploration of the san juans in the back of my other canvas covered topper, worked great in Ouray for not being sealed up. This Wildernest needs some TLC and have planned some modifications for it. I have a 25+yo vehicle, 25+yo camper, plus a 25+yo Ham radio(KE0KSY) in the truck, guess you can say everything is period correct haha.]
Welcome to OB! I really like your set up, it's very nicely done.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Well after being out of town for 3 weeks I returned to find my membership package had arrived. New member #3163, my name is John and I am in Nashville, TN. So with that as my inspiration I thought it was time to spend a couple days working on the "Outfit" part of the program so that soon I can begin the "Explore" part.

Still much more to come in the next few weeks but it's a start. Anybody in the Mid South that would like to meet up give me a shout.

Great seeing you here, I welcomed you on FB as well.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi everyone!

My name is Josh. I live in the Inland Northwest, I just purchased my 2013 JKUR a couple weeks ago, but I've been lurking on the fringes for a while. My CVT RTT has been on my 2WD pickup and I decided it was time to get a proper rig for it.

I've been "outdooring" for years, but I'm looking forward to learning more about overland and off road adventuring on wheels.
Welcome, Josh! Nice having you here!

Reactions: badmnky

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello all,

View attachment 13758
Hey Matt, welcome to OB! That's a great setup and sounds like quite a journey. I went from SF to Boston, MA over the summer and it was quite a ride!

Reactions: W6WWK and Steve

FauxLux

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Centennial, Colorado, 80016
First Name
Thatch
Last Name
VdB
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ETT
Just thought I'd say hello. I am a new member currently building up a 2013 Tacoma DCSB for Overlanding adventure. While I have done a fair amount of "four wheelin''" here in Colorado/Utah, it has not been particularly programmatic or mindful in an Overlanding sense. It was usually just a weekend spur-of-the-moment type thing. Not interested in rock-crawling or mudding, unless incidental to actually traveling somewhere. Very dedicated to Tread Lightly.

My vehicles have included a CJ5 (damn I wish I still had that thing), two Tundra's, two Tacoma's (one currently per above), a KLR 650, a Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring ATV (current), a Ducati Scrambler (gravel road capable, though I have gotten it a few inches off the ground. :thunk. current), and many mountain/cross bikes. I am also "rugged-izing" a Sylvansport Go utility camper for mild overlanding with my kids.

Good to be here.

MadVdB (aka FauxLux)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Just thought I'd say hello. I am a new member currently building up a 2013 Tacoma DCSB for Overlanding adventure. While I have done a fair amount of "four wheelin''" here in Colorado/Utah, it has not been particularly programmatic or mindful in an Overlanding sense. It was usually just a weekend spur-of-the-moment type thing. Not interested in rock-crawling or mudding, unless incidental to actually traveling somewhere. Very dedicated to Tread Lightly.

My vehicles have included a CJ5 (damn I wish I still had that thing), two Tundra's, two Tacoma's (one currently per above), a KLR 650, a Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring ATV (current), a Ducati Scrambler (gravel road capable, though I have gotten it a few inches off the ground. :thunk. current), and many mountain/cross bikes. I am also "rugged-izing" a Sylvansport Go utility camper for mild overlanding with my kids.

Good to be here.

MadVdB (aka FauxLux)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Welcome! Your style of overlanding sounds a lot like mine and many others in OB. It's great having you here and look forward to seeing photos of your vehicles.

FauxLux

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Centennial, Colorado, 80016
First Name
Thatch
Last Name
VdB
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ETT
Welcome! Your style of overlanding sounds a lot like mine and many others in OB. It's great having you here and look forward to seeing photos of your vehicles.
Thanks for the warm welcome.I should have my trailer done next week. I'll post some pictures of the whole "kit" next week.

Reactions: finlayforprez

CopperStateGX

Rank 0

Contributor I

Whats going on, everyone! Steve here out of Mesa, Arizona, USA. I recently picked up a 1987 Grand Wagoneer and am working on getting her trail ready. I don't have much experience in the "overlanding" side of life. But have done quit a bit of traditional camping and did my time in the service and did 13 months of adventuring on both foot, as-well-as in a General Dynamics Cougar. So I guess you can say I did a bit of overlanding there lol.

I hope to learn from you all, as-well-as get to know some of the local guys and gals. Cheers!!