Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

Hey everyone! Just recently found out about Overland Bound and I was intrigued right away. Showed my wife some videos and pictures and she was on board with no convincing. Just waiting on our emblems and number in the mail. We really like the concept and look forward to getting out more. I am no stranger to 4 wheeling, the outdoors or forums but I am glad I stumbled across this one.
Here is my 2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max
View attachment 13446View attachment 13447View attachment 13448View attachment 13449View attachment 13450
Better yet you have two German Sheperds. These are mine. IMG_0691.JPG

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

Nice! They really are good dogs, they love going on adventures with me. Here is a better shot of them.
View attachment 13582

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app
Beautiful, I have had GSD's all my life. My boy is a 4 year old long coat and my girl is 8 year old standard coat. I take them everywhere I can. I have it all worked out to get them into the RTT now, if I am solo.

Reactions: Braber15

04land

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington, Morris County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Bradford
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Hello Everyone,

I'm Brad, I love being outdoors and have been camping all my life. Looking to get into over-landing.

Location - Hackettstown, New Jersey
Rig - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Experience - I would say i'm a novice although i have been camping and ATV riding for years. Hoping i can find some locations in my area to learn a lot.

William Beere

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Vancouver
Member #

Hello every one, I am fairly new to overloading but i am jumping in with both feet. I have lived in the Vancouver Canada area most of my life and currently living here now. I am driving a 2005 tacoma extended cab, put a little love into so far with suspension ,tires, bed rack from cbi off road, tepui ayer sky rtt, some new lights to be able to see and looking forward to doing some bigger mods this year. super stoked to be part of this community of overlanders and adventure seekers. any tips or ideas for my rig is greatly appreciated. my next mods i would like is rear locker, snorkel, diff breather extension, and a winch set up. For the winch setup i am not sure what to do wether it is a bumper and winch or a hitch with the winch on a winch plate and i can remove it.

Cheers!!!
Will

Attachments

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi everyone,
Rig: 2014 Ram 1500.
Experience: Novice (as far as vehicles go)

I started following Overland on social media sometime ago and have always been interested in building an overland rig. I love the outdoors and try to get out as much as I can. I camp, fish, hunt, shoot whenever I can get away from work. My cattle dog is always right by my side. Overlanding seems like something that is perfect for me. I dont know mush about the vehicle side of things but being prepared and ready to roll or stay is something I know. I am currently working on outfitting my rig. So far just meaner tires and a level. Im excited to get out there an explore!
Welcome! [emoji1303]

LittleRed94

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Poulsbo, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Just ordered my member ship! hello every one! I'm in san Rafael CA (bay area) I'm driving a 98 limited Toyota Tacoma, and my experience on the trails is beginner. I am a technician at BMW and a mid level mig/arc/aluminum welder so my mechanical experience is Experienced haha. I have a lot of plans for this little truck but first I want to get some experience on the trails with the truck in stock form and I will mod as I gain experience.. or as things break! To get things started I have just began performing a top and front end overhaul to give myself a good platform to build on, and some added reliability as I gain experience and attend some events.GOPR7592.JPG

Attachments

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Just ordered my member ship! hello every one! I'm in san Rafael CA (bay area) I'm driving a 98 limited Toyota Tacoma, and my experience on the trails is beginner. I am a technician at BMW and a mid level mig/arc/aluminum welder so my mechanical experience is Experienced haha. I have a lot of plans for this little truck but first I want to get some experience on the trails with the truck in stock form and I will mod as I gain experience.. or as things break! To get things started I have just began performing a top and front end overhaul to give myself a good platform to build on, and some added reliability as I gain experience and attend some events.View attachment 13644
Welcome! Lots of folks from the Bay Area. I don't live there anymore, but still a member of the local rover club and work there still. Being a welder is a great thing, you should meet my buddy Pedram!

andrewrioswenmoth

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Athens, ohio
Member #

Hey guys, new to the overlanding scene. rig is a 06 jeep liberty, i know a little different but so far the wife and i are doing pretty good with it and a ground tent. Few trips around here (southeastern ohio- wayne national forest, zaleski forest etc) and a "big" 4 day trip on cedar/portsmouth island nc. Looking forward to a full year of camping/overlanding this year, first half of '16 was for wedding planning!

06 liberty, OME all around, no rtt yet
Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Hello Everyone,

I'm Brad, I love being outdoors and have been camping all my life. Looking to get into over-landing.

Location - Hackettstown, New Jersey
Rig - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Experience - I would say i'm a novice although i have been camping and ATV riding for years. Hoping i can find some locations in my area to learn a lot.
Hey man welcome! I live In NC but I'm from NJ, the lake Hopatcong area. My mother actually just moved to Hackettstown in that gated golf commuity. We were just up a week ago for new years and we will definitely be up there again. My brother is still there as well, he has a tuned up XJ and his fiance has an srt8 jeep. He used to work at one of the 4wd places up there too. I'm sure I'll be seeing you on our next trip up, I already miss the pizza and had to bring back my ration of bagels, lol.

LittleRed94

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Poulsbo, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Welcome! Lots of folks from the Bay Area. I don't live there anymore, but still a member of the local rover club and work there still. Being a welder is a great thing, you should meet my buddy Pedram!
Welding and metal work is fun I really enjoy it, its also fun when you get to help another guy out when someone has a project to do but can't weld or doesn't have all the equipment, before I got my welder I felt that way, I always had a great idea or a part I wanted to but but I would need just a few welds to make it work. I need to meet other welders to talk tech stuff and about where to source material from. Is pedram in the Bay Area?

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Welding and metal work is fun I really enjoy it, its also fun when you get to help another guy out when someone has a project to do but can't weld or doesn't have all the equipment, before I got my welder I felt that way, I always had a great idea or a part I wanted to but but I would need just a few welds to make it work. I need to meet other welders to talk tech stuff and about where to source material from. Is pedram in the Bay Area?
I worked with Pedram and we did a lot of welding and fabrication to my Disco. Yes, he's in Union City and works in San Leandro. My brother is actually also a master welder in the union, but he's in MA.

incogneato

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Lovett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4VA
1) Picture-
TW DD2.jpg

2) Location- Tennessee
3) Rig- 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road
4) Overlanding Experience Background- Used to make annual treks out west to explore byways and light trails in my Jeeps, camping along the way, but haven't been in 10 years (I've still owned Jeeps, but the only "off-roading" has been riding on the farm). Recently bought my Tacoma, and did a nice day trip with a group. Glad to be a part of this community.

LittleRed94

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Poulsbo, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Davis
Member #

1) Picture-
View attachment 13647

2) Location- Tennessee
3) Rig- 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road
4) Overlanding Experience Background- Used to make annual treks out west to explore byways and light trails in my Jeeps, camping along the way, but haven't been in 10 years (I've still owned Jeeps, but the only "off-roading" has been riding on the farm). Recently bought my Tacoma, and did a nice day trip with a group. Glad to be a part of this community.
Welcome! I'm new as well. Nice rig! how are you liking the 2017? thats my dream truck but in white, but my 98 fits my budget better.

incogneato

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Lovett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4VA
Hello @LittleRed94 , thanks! I love it. Wasn't planning to buy anything new, but couldn't find what I wanted used for a decent price. It took a while to find a basic Off-Road package with a stick shift, but it was worth the wait.

Contributor I

Durango, CO
Member #

OB#3277
DURANGO, CO
92 Toyota Pickup 22re 257k
Hi everyone I just bought this Wildernest the other day and felt that it's appropriate to finally join OB. The only overland experience I've had is a week long camping/exploration of the san juans in the back of my other canvas covered topper, worked great in Ouray for not being sealed up. This Wildernest needs some TLC and have planned some modifications for it. I have a 25+yo vehicle, 25+yo camper, plus a 25+yo Ham radio(KE0KSY) in the truck, guess you can say everything is period correct haha.

Last edited:

Braber15

Rank 0

Contributor I

OB#3277
DURANGO, CO
92 Toyota Pickup 22re 257k
Hi everyone I just bought this Wildernest the other day and felt that it's appropriate to finally join OB. The only overland experience I've had is a week long camping/exploration of the san juans in the back of my other canvas covered topper, worked great in Ouray for not being sealed up. This Wildernest needs some TLC and have planned some modifications for it. I have a 25+yo vehicle, 25+yo camper, plus a 25+yo Ham radio(KE0KSY) in the truck, guess you can say everything is period correct haha.

Welcome! I'm new as well! Good to see another one from CO!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

04land

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington, Morris County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Bradford
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Hey man welcome! I live In NC but I'm from NJ, the lake Hopatcong area. My mother actually just moved to Hackettstown in that gated golf commuity. We were just up a week ago for new years and we will definitely be up there again. My brother is still there as well, he has a tuned up XJ and his fiance has an srt8 jeep. He used to work at one of the 4wd places up there too. I'm sure I'll be seeing you on our next trip up, I already miss the pizza and had to bring back my ration of bagels, lol.
That's pretty funny. I grew up in Hopatcong. That is true cant beat the pizza in the New York area... Ill keep an eye out for a tuned XJ