Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello there,

View attachment 253750
1) Here is a picture of my rig.
2) Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3) Rig: 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I won't say I'm an experienced overlander, but I'm not a novice either. I have traveled all over Saudi Arabia and some Gulf countries in the last few years. Desert Exploration is my life and specialty. I love going where no one can go in the desert.
By the way, I speak Arabic as well as English. So Arab people, you can contact me in Arabic if you like.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from near Denver, CO. Lots of desert camping as a kid, Coast Guard, Kodiak, San Diego, WA south Fl (1980''s). Rig is a 2020 4Runner, C4 Lowpro front with a super winch, full skid plate, plenty of light, Cold Air Intake and Magnum exhaust for a little more air at altitude. Thanks for being here, plenty for me to learn here.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi! My name is Alicia and I’m living in Mesa, Arizona and part time in Rocky Point, MX. I’m not new to being a member but just got a new 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL 4x4 and really didn’t do much before with my Jeep Renegade.

I’m excited to get out and have some fun. Have been adding mods already and tires was one of my firsts still am working on a lift, any advice where without breaking the bank would be amazing!

Nice to meet you all!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey y'all, Paul from North Georgia here. I was really glad to find this group and I'm excited to get back out there. I recently made the move back to the truck world when I acquired a new 4Runner TRD Offroad. I originally purchased it to haul my fishing kayak since some of the spots I go to are off the beaten path as they say but I've found that I really enjoy the off roading aspect. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks and actually using all the capabilities of this machine. I can already tell I'm heading down the rabbit hole lol
Hey Paul, welcome to Overland Bound from Northern California!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey. I'm Trent. From Arkansas, US "The Natural State"! Im a US Army veteran and work for the city doing networking and communication for traffic systems. So going outdoors is big for me. Have had a few 4x4 rigs. Currently building an SF5 '01 Subaru Forrester for light to medium trails. Mostly building this rig as my "outdoors" rigs. (Carrying my kayaks, camping gear, climbing gear, etc). I have plans to build a 2nd gen Taco as a full-blown overland rig. I remember seeing OB when it was in its infancy. But finally decided to go for it. Getting my membership once I the subie is back together (trans and motor are torn to pieces)
Hey Trent, welcome to Overland Bound from Northern California, and thank you for your service to our country!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hello there,

View attachment 253750
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I won't say I'm an experienced overlander, but I'm not a novice either. I have traveled all over Saudi Arabia and some Gulf countries in the last few years. Desert Exploration is my life and specialty. I love going where no one can go in the desert.
By the way, I speak Arabic as well as English. So Arab people, you can contact me in Arabic if you like.
Hell Adel, welcome to Overland Bound from Northen California in the USA!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hello from near Denver, CO. Lots of desert camping as a kid, Coast Guard, Kodiak, San Diego, WA south Fl (1980''s). Rig is a 2020 4Runner, C4 Lowpro front with a super winch, full skid plate, plenty of light, Cold Air Intake and Magnum exhaust for a little more air at altitude. Thanks for being here, plenty for me to learn here.
Hey Tim, welcome to Overland Bound from Northern California, and thank you for your service!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi! My name is Alicia and I’m living in Mesa, Arizona and part time in Rocky Point, MX. I’m not new to being a member but just got a new 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL 4x4 and really didn’t do much before with my Jeep Renegade.

I’m excited to get out and have some fun. Have been adding mods already and tires was one of my firsts still am working on a lift, any advice where without breaking the bank would be amazing!

Nice to meet you all!
Congratulations on your new Wrangler!

LunaJeep

Rank II

Contributor II

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Alicia
Last Name
Villarreal
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Nice to meet you all!
Congratulations on your new Wrangler!
Thank you

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN

Nice to meet you all!
Welcome aboard

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greeting to all; I don’t know if I introduced myself or if went through or what, so I will do it again. I am Dan have 2021 gladiator eco diesel, 4:56 gears air lockers and 37s, roofnest RTT and ready to go. I drive my rig daily and trail ride every chance, rocks, whatever I can climb or go through I will try…lol
Hello Dan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone. Oliver from Virginia here. My rig is a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. It is my daily driver so I don't do too many of the really challenging trails but I'll do some that are not the easiest. When it comes to going off road "local" for me is up to about four hours one way to get to a trail head. I'm in the Richmond area so this includes some of West Virginia, Maryland and possibly into Pennsylvania. I'm still building out my kit to enjoy some overnight trips. Hopefully I can get the gear I need by early summer '23.

The only group I have gone off roading with so far has been with the monthly meet up for Rigs and Coffee meet up with Terra Overland in McGaheysville, VA (38.374729, -78.731915).
Hello Oliver, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey OB crew. New here and new to overlanding. Just grabbed a 2007 FJ Cruiser, so I have a lot to learn from you. I'm in Knoxville, TN. I have more experience driving 911's than 4x4's, so this should be fun. ;) Looking forward to meeting some of you here and out on the trail. Thanks for this community.

View attachment 253497View attachment 253498View attachment 253499View attachment 253500View attachment 253501View attachment 253502
Hello Chuck, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey y'all, Paul from North Georgia here. I was really glad to find this group and I'm excited to get back out there. I recently made the move back to the truck world when I acquired a new 4Runner TRD Offroad. I originally purchased it to haul my fishing kayak since some of the spots I go to are off the beaten path as they say but I've found that I really enjoy the off roading aspect. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks and actually using all the capabilities of this machine. I can already tell I'm heading down the rabbit hole lol
Hello Paul, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey. I'm Trent. From Arkansas, US "The Natural State"! Im a US Army veteran and work for the city doing networking and communication for traffic systems. So going outdoors is big for me. Have had a few 4x4 rigs. Currently building an SF5 '01 Subaru Forrester for light to medium trails. Mostly building this rig as my "outdoors" rigs. (Carrying my kayaks, camping gear, climbing gear, etc). I have plans to build a 2nd gen Taco as a full-blown overland rig. I remember seeing OB when it was in its infancy. But finally decided to go for it. Getting my membership once I the subie is back together (trans and motor are torn to pieces)
Hello Trent, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello there,

View attachment 253750
Hello Adel, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Tim, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Nice to meet you all!
Hello Alicia, welcome to Overland Bound!