Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greeting everyone! I'm from the Shenandoah Valley area in Virginia.
I've been interested in overlanding for a long time now. My experience has been driving to campsites or backpacking so this is all new so far. I've never had a vehicle I could really take into the mountains until 2 days ago. Finally got the car I've been wanting for many years. I bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Onyx edition. The wilderness was just a bit too expensive haha. But seeing what some people are doing with even just stock Outbacks has impressed me. This will be the daily/family car in addition to going out off-roading with the kid (the wife is definitely not an outdoor person). I'm excited to meet everyone here and learn all I can.
Greetings Bobby, welcome to Overland Bound!

Overland Ewack

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glenside, PA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Wacker
Member #

I've been interested in overlanding for a long time now. My experience has been driving to campsites or backpacking so this is all new so far. I've never had a vehicle I could really take into the mountains until 2 days ago. Finally got the car I've been wanting for many years. I bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Onyx edition. The wilderness was just a bit too expensive haha. But seeing what some people are doing with even just stock Outbacks has impressed me. This will be the daily/family car in addition to going out off-roading with the kid (the wife is definitely not an outdoor person). I'm excited to meet everyone here and learn all I can.
Welcome to the community!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey guys, Steve here from San Diego. Just getting into overlanding but building out my 2019 Tacoma. Stoked to learn more on here and to soak in the knowledge!
Hi Steve and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Welcome to Overland Bound

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
John from Wilmington, NC. I recently aqcuired a 03 GX470. Pretty fresh a overlanding in a 4 wheeled vehicles but have more experience on motorcycles.
Welcome to the crew! Nice rig, very capable. Just spent a week in Raleigh, that 80 degree day last Wednesday sure was nice!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Bobby, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, I'm new to the idea of overlanding but I've been interested for a long time. Just purchased a 2023 Subaru Outback and I'm excited to start exploring and getting my car a little dirty in the mountains here in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. I'm looking forward to learning from others here and meeting those that are local!
Welcome To Overland Bound
A good resource in VA is @Zombie
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Actus542

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Adams
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4RTA
Hello everyone, I'm new to the idea of overlanding but I've been interested for a long time. Just purchased a 2023 Subaru Outback and I'm excited to start exploring and getting my car a little dirty in the mountains here in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. I'm looking forward to learning from others here and meeting those that are local!
Welcome To Overland Bound
A good resource in VA is @Zombie
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you very much for the links with all of this info and resources!!

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
Welcome! I'm in Richmond and have been a member of Overland Bound since 2018. I'm your regional ambassador so if you have any questions or need anything please let me know.

Join the forum thread " Virginia OLB Members" so you know when we schedule an event.

Again, welcome.

Tom

Actus542

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Adams
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4RTA
Welcome! I'm in Richmond and have been a member of Overland Bound since 2018. I'm your regional ambassador so if you have any questions or need anything please let me know.

Join the forum thread " Virginia OLB Members" so you know when we schedule an event.

Again, welcome.

Tom
Thank you and I’ll go join the forum now!!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi Bobby. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.
Adventure awaits for you and the kid.

tblewett

Rank I

Contributor III

Granbury, TX, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Blewett
Hello all I'm Travis and brand new to the overlanding world. I come from the rock crawling world in my 87 toyota 4runner or what was left of it... lol . I live in Granbury tx and look forward to exploring not only texas but the surrounding states aswell. I finally gave in and sold my rock rig and started converting my 99 chevy silverado for overlanding. Here is a few pics.

Attachments