Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Community. I am a new Member. Received my emblems on Saturday. OB#3370.

My name is Todd and I live in Timber Lakes, East of Heber City, UT at around 8000 ft. I love being 30 minutes from 4 major ski resorts and next to the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest. I am an avid mountain biker, hiker, and back country everything. However, I am a novice overlander. Mainly my vehicle was to get me to the trailhead. Now I'm looking forward to going beyond the trailhead and onto the trail.

I previously owned a 2010 JKU Rubicon but sold it after I had put 150K miles on it in 3 years. Last month I purchased a 2016 Rubicon Hard Rock 2-door. My plan is to make several modifications. One interesting thing that I will be incorporating into the Jeep modifications is that all (or almost all) of the products and services will be purchased through local Utah-based companies where possible. Utah is home to some great companies like Teraflex, Goal Zero, Kuhl, Black Diamond, and many more. I guess for no other reason than to support my local community. The first modification will be the Overland Bound Emblems.

Can't wait to meetup with the Utah-based and Global Overland Bound Members and participate in events and, of course, on the forum discussions. Thank you!

20170108_210156 (2).jpg

Exited to be part of the Overland Bound Community.

20161206_084908[1740].jpg

The view from my front door! The Wasatch Back!

Attachments

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I'm Tyler from Souther California. My dad and I run an offroad shop called Rock Solid Offroad where we specialize in complete builds and restorations.

I've been an overlander my whole life and grew up in an FJ60 my dad had built so I'm fairly experienced.

I have a 1986 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 that I've been building since high school and have taken on a few trips now that it's finished. I recently did my first solo expedition in it called Sea To SEMA and it was awesome.

If you guys have technical questions on Landcruisers or are having a hard time sourcing parts, in your man! Always willing to help out members of this awesome community :)

This is my FJ60

This is our old FJ60 that I grew up in.

Both have Chevy V8's and we did all the work, paint, fabrication, wiring, etc :)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I'm salivating over these FJ60s. Incredible work you've done there.

BJA90

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Toccoa, GA, USA
Member #

So I just realized that I have been lurking since October 2015 and haven't even introduced myself. Time to fix that since I just ordered my emblems...

Hey everyone, my name is Brandon and I'm located in Northeast Georgia (USA). I currently do not have an overland rig, but I'm in the market for one (and hopefully will find one that suits me before the end of the month). I've done a fair bit of car camping over the years, but I'm still quite new to a lot of this stuff and I'm looking forward to learning what I don't know. After all, you have to figure out what you need to learn before you can learn it...right?:wink:

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Hello all,
New member (as of Nov. 2016) #3276 from Los Angeles, CA. My daily driver is also my adventurer: 2002 Taco Pre-Runner; almost perfect for me, just missing that 4WD. I make sure to hang close to my friends that can pull me out of the hairy situations I like to get myself into.

My truck is always a work in progress, and things continually change - usually for the better.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from y'all.

-CP TACO

nrlarson0107

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colstrip, MT, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Larson
Member #

Like the Yota. How do you like the LRD? I've recently started to look into those...

I like the Disco but it not big enough for my needs. I have some larger equipment I need to carry for work and it is not long enough. Truth be told, its the third discovery I have had but the first I modified. I bought it as a budget build vehicle. It had some engine noise and suspension issues so I picked it up for $600. SLS was shot so I threw a set of OME springs and terrifirma shocks in all four corners, a set of 265/65R18 BFG All Terrains, replaced the oil pump and head gaskets, swapped to a solid sway bar with disconnects and it's been running great ever since. My only complaint is I have an '03. The '02-'03 did not have a CDL. I kept thinking I would do a D1 TC swap but never got around to it.

All in all it has been a great rig and has never left me stranded.

RSO_Tyler

Rank 0

Contributor II

I'm salivating over these FJ60s. Incredible work you've done there.
If you wanna build one let us know. We have 4 in the shop now. A 62 for a full restoration, bumpers, sliders, LSA swap, suspension, wheels tires.
A FJ142 with a 6.0 swap that someone else started, then this guy bought it and now we gotta paint it and put it together. Literally someone tore the whole thing apart and brought us a Uhaul of part. I'm genuinely excited about it, should be bad ass.
One more just for a re-paint and another for a a tune up and general maintenance.

This is the full resto with the LSA and the rendering of what it will look like.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

If you wanna build one let us know. We have 4 in the shop now. A 62 for a full restoration, bumpers, sliders, LSA swap, suspension, wheels tires.
A FJ142 with a 6.0 swap that someone else started, then this guy bought it and now we gotta paint it and put it together. Literally someone tore the whole thing apart and brought us a Uhaul of part. I'm genuinely excited about it, should be bad ass.
One more just for a re-paint and another for a a tune up and general maintenance.

This is the full resto with the LSA and the rendering of what it will look like.

I am obsessed with that cruiser!!! If I get a second rig, I may contact you guys. I've been thinking about a GX, G wagen, or Land Cruiser.

RSO_Tyler

Rank 0

Contributor II

I am obsessed with that cruiser!!! If I get a second rig, I may contact you guys. I've been thinking about a GX, G wagen, or Land Cruiser.
Haven't messed with a GX or a G Wagen yet. A lot of electrical bugs in those things when you start modifying. Landcruiser is where it's at, 100's, 80's, 60's... hell we've done a 45 that was in Overland journal.

We really wanna trick out a 200 series into an overland outfit build.

Reactions: finlayforprez

Chad Chaney

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello all,
Chad here in Apache Junction arizona. I've been following OB on fb for a while and I am considering a membership. I've got a 2002 jeep grand cherokee. It's lifted, locked, and outfitted well enough to get out and enjoy the beautiful Arizona I call home. I've been a 4x4 enthusiast since I was 17 years old. I've had some awesome trips in the past including 2 on the Rubicon and most recently the Mojave Road. And I'm looking for a community who shares this passion.

Thank you,
Chad

Attachments

Isgro

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Worcester, MA
Member #

Howdy folks. My name is Matt. I reside in Central Massachusetts. I'm a life-long adventure seeker who's dabbled in a variety of 4x4's over the years. My history includes a few jeeps ('88 XJ, '94 XJ, '00 TJ), an '86 4runner, an '89 Range Rover Classic and an '05 Touareg. For the past 10 or so years I've been focusing more on german cars and haven't had a 4x4 vehicle in the arsenal, but this past September I purchased a 2012 Range Rover Sport. It's primary duties are as my daily driver and tow vehicle for my track car ('91 BMW e30), but I'm also slowly but surely outfitting it for some exploring. As of right now it's only very lightly massaged — Johnson Rod lift rods (2.5" lift in normal mode, more in off road mode), 255/60/19 Goodyear All Terrain Adventure Tires and an Eezi Awn K9 roof rack. Glad to be here. I'm really looking forward to digging around, conversing and learning from the community.

Here are a couple of photos (a poser shot in a puddle, haha and a photo after a buddy and I installed the rack — both photos are with the truck in off road mode)...

JPZimbo

Rank 0

Contributor II

Howzit everybody!
I'm Jordan, originally from Zimbabwe and now living in Dubai UAE.
I try and make the most of the winter months here exploring the outdoors either in the desert or up in the mountains. Camping with friends & family or just the odd day trip to enjoy the subset and a braai(BBQ) out & about.
I drive a Toyota Prado 150 series(2016), previous was the Prado 120 series (2005).

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Haven't messed with a GX or a G Wagen yet. A lot of electrical bugs in those things when you start modifying. Landcruiser is where it's at, 100's, 80's, 60's... hell we've done a 45 that was in Overland journal.

We really wanna trick out a 200 series into an overland outfit build.

Sounds good to me! Glad you are here so when I pull the trigger, I know who to talk to! [emoji1303]

Braber15

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi everyone,
Rig: 2014 Ram 1500.
Experience: Novice (as far as vehicles go)

I started following Overland on social media sometime ago and have always been interested in building an overland rig. I love the outdoors and try to get out as much as I can. I camp, fish, hunt, shoot whenever I can get away from work. My cattle dog is always right by my side. Overlanding seems like something that is perfect for me. I dont know mush about the vehicle side of things but being prepared and ready to roll or stay is something I know. I am currently working on outfitting my rig. So far just meaner tires and a level. Im excited to get out there an explore!