Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Marvin.

View attachment 249789
Location: From Fargo, North Dakota, periodically move around the US
Rig: 2014 Toyota 4runner
Experience: Moderate. Have done a descent amount of wheeling, but there is always so much more to learn!
Hallo Marvin
Welcome to OBO
Nice rig setup
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Oligetorix

Rank IV

Influencer II

Worms, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
First Name
Oliver
Last Name
Rissler
Member #

View attachment 249789
Experience: Moderate. Have done a descent amount of wheeling, but there is always so much more to learn!
Hi and welcome Marvin,

a really nice looking rig. Thumbs up! I wish you a lot of fun and beautiful tracks.

Greetings from Germany
Oliver

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 249789
Hello Marvin, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 249789
Welcome To Overland Bound Marvin
Good looking rig!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

WPRountree

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Statham, Oconee County, Georgia, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
Rountree
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TRG
Hello everybody! Newbie here, looking forward to getting to know you all and learning as much as I can!
First off my name is Sean and not only am I new to the forums, I'm pretty new to Overlanding as well.
I've got a 1994 Land Cruiser I'm currently building. It's been (and still is currently) my daily, but I've got plans to refurbish/rebuild her into a true Overlanding machine.
I currently live in OKC, and while I haven't in some years, I camp quite a bit in conjunction with my hobby, so I would like to be able to use the Cruiser to facilitate that.
I cant wait to hear from you all and become more knowledgeable!

This is Betsy, she's a 1994 Land Cruiser 80 series with 365k on the clock and still running strong!
She's got a heavy spring 3.5in Old Man Emu lift
HELO 878 16' wheels
Nitto Ridge Grappler LT275/70R16 tires

This is an older picture, and she's about to get some work done, so I'll upload some newer ones as I complete planned upgrades!
Welcome Sean! Glad to have you.

WPRountree

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
William
Last Name
Rountree
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TRG

View attachment 249789
Welcome to the crew Marvin! Great looking 4Runner!

WPRountree

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
William
Last Name
Rountree
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TRG
Guess I should make one of these now. Hi there, I'm JD. I hail from the Southeast and live in what is probably the best part of Alabama. I daily drive my 2020 Toyota Tacoma SR5. I try to flirt with the line between fully capable, but also still affordable to commute to work or gettin the groceries. While I grew up riding dirt and muddy roads in South Alabama and Florida, I still consider myself a novice when it comes to offroading. I got very heavily into backpacking during college and have always loved the outdoors and nature. I got to walk through places like the Tetons backcountry or the Zion Wilderness and saw places I never thought a poor Alabama boy like me would ever get to experience. I've been following the Overland Bound approach for years starting back when I still drove a Nissan Rogue. Now that I'm settled into a career and can actually have some nice things, I've been easing into overlanding and just kinda got bit by the adventure bug. Between riding with friends I made on TacomaWorld and hanging around the good folks over in the Venture Unknown facebook group, I've been able to build up some confidence in being able to get out there and explore. I'm excited to keep learning and see where I can end up!

View attachment 249753
Hey there JD! Love the Tacoma, always wanted one myself.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

View attachment 249789
Greetings Marvin, welcome to Overland Bound!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hello everybody! Newbie here, looking forward to getting to know you all and learning as much as I can!
First off my name is Sean and not only am I new to the forums, I'm pretty new to Overlanding as well.
I've got a 1994 Land Cruiser I'm currently building. It's been (and still is currently) my daily, but I've got plans to refurbish/rebuild her into a true Overlanding machine.
I currently live in OKC, and while I haven't in some years, I camp quite a bit in conjunction with my hobby, so I would like to be able to use the Cruiser to facilitate that.
I cant wait to hear from you all and become more knowledgeable!

This is Betsy, she's a 1994 Land Cruiser 80 series with 365k on the clock and still running strong!
She's got a heavy spring 3.5in Old Man Emu lift
HELO 878 16' wheels
Nitto Ridge Grappler LT275/70R16 tires

This is an older picture, and she's about to get some work done, so I'll upload some newer ones as I complete planned upgrades!
Hey Sean, welcome to Overland Bound!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

View attachment 249789
Hey Marvin, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi.

Mike from Carmichael, CA.

Looking forward to meeting others and gaining knowledge, experience on the way. Any advice or suggestions on gear of all types is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2018 F150 4WD
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello OB!

Matt from Pearland, TX.

Rig #1: 2021 Ford F150 Powerboost - 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers, 18" matte black method wheels, 2.5" front leveling kit, 2" rear blocks, Airlift airbags on rear, KB Voodoo bed rack, Decked system, etc.
Rig #2: 2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond - 4 door, hardtop, 32" AT on stock steelies
Rig #3: 2021 Taxa Woolly Bear Overland Trailer - Roam Vagabond XL RTT, Truma Fridge, Renogy Solar panels, etc. etc.

I would say we are a fairly experienced family. Visiting a lot of state parks, national parks, etc. but completely off-grid we are learning the tips/tricks. Always looking for a reason to get out, meet new people, and just be outside as much as possible.

F150 & Woolly Bear - full setup
View attachment 249280

F150 & Woolly Bear - packed up
View attachment 249281

Bronco & Woolly Bear
View attachment 249282
Hi Matt. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking here a while finally decided to introduce myself. Old_school from the Jersey shore. Not sure I would consider myself an overlander or an off-roader or both. :) I have a 2 door wrangler JL , it’s to small to sleep in, so its tent camping in a Jeep on the beach, fishing. . Here is a 360 video of a relaxing sunday drive on the beach.. (yeah I know, hard to believe it’s New Jersey)
Welcome to Overland Bound Rich.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey everyone!

New to the forums and wanted to introduce myself. I have a 2013 Tundra Crewmax that I've been building out and it's gone through a few different phases so far. Joined to find some build ideas but also lend a hand since I work at Front Runner Outfitters. Recently sold my SnugTop shell and got a Front Runner Bed Rack. Will be building my own camper shell soon!View attachment 249406View attachment 249407View attachment 249408View attachment 249409
Welcome to Overland Bound Jolo.