Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Hey everyone! Just recently found out about Overland Bound and I was intrigued right away. Showed my wife some videos and pictures and she was on board with no convincing. Just waiting on our emblems and number in the mail. We really like the concept and look forward to getting out more. I am no stranger to 4 wheeling, the outdoors or forums but I am glad I stumbled across this one.
Here is my 2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max
20161214_125654%280%29.jpg20170108_155651.jpg20170105_115144.jpg20161230_095617.jpg20161214_140244.jpg

Reactions: Dunco

jplinville

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello. My name is Jon, or JP, or Briar...you choose. LOL. I've been involved in off roading and deep woods camping since I was a kid. My first vehicle was a 1975 Jeep CJ5 that Dad bought for us kids to screw around on the farm with. I was 12 at the time. Since then, I've gone through a number of vehicles, and have now settled down to two for fun...1989 F250 4X4, and a 2016 Jeep Compass. The F250 is quite capable, but is a bit of a gas hog. The Jeep offers better MPG, which means I can stay off the beaten path for longer periods of time.

At the moment, the Jeep is stock, since we've only had it for 4 months. My plans include a RRO lift and front bumper kit with winch, a solidly built roof rack, and a few other things. It doesn't have the FDII drive, but I don't really think it's needed, since the low gear on the 6-speed auto-stick, when coupled in 4X4, offers nearly the same ratio as the FDII system. Sure, it won't get me everywhere, but it should do fine to get me where I really need to be.

The F250 has a 5.0 and M5OD transmission, both of which have been recently rebuilt. New front prop shaft and rebuilt rear drive shaft were added this past year, along with new front axle u-joints. The front end was rebuilt in 2009, after I bought it in Utah. I've added Dodge steel rims, and it's sitting on 33" tires. I plan on taking care of bed rot in 2017, and already have the patch panels sitting at the house. She's not pretty, but a well used vehicle is rarely the prom queen. My wife and I, when we lived in Utah, used the truck for desert camping trips, mountain runs in the Wasatch mountains, as well as daily driving needs. It's been a good truck that we plan on keeping for a long, long time.

This is the F250

gif image hosting

And this is the Jeep the day we bought it...

pic upload

We can hardly wait to get the Jeep ready for our first excursion in it. We're planning a trip from PA to CA to visit two of our kids that live in SoCal. We plan on camping along the way, taking about 4 days to get there. While there, we plan on taking the grands into the mountains to go camping and fishing, then spend a week or so on the way back to PA, seeing the sights. There will be a few areas where taking extra fuel will be necessary, so I plan on building the roof rack to carry a couple jerry cans. I think two will do, since the tank is only 13.5 gallons.

Anyway, that's a skimming of my story so far. Glad I came upon this group. I plan on joining as a member soon, and adding the badges to the Jeep...maybe even get a second set for the Ford and put them on after the driveway paint job is done to it.

Reactions: Carnivore and Dunco

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Met Michael and Corrie today in person when I spotted their rig outside the local Best Buy, which I recognized from their YouTube channel. They both seemed like great people, so thought I'd come join the club! New to overlanding, but love camping and the great outdoors. In the process of building the GX470 for family adventures, and keeping the GS ready for solo exploring. Looking forward to learning a lot here. Thx! Lee

View attachment 13324 View attachment 13325
Gday mate man that is my dream bike right there

Nig

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

WI
Member #

Hey all, My name is Jay (OB#3198)
Current Vehicle: 2008 Toyota FJC Trail Teams
I have always been a fan of overlanding. I picked up my FJ down in Iowa in 2012 and set the hook. I'm looking forward to what OB has to offer.
My vehicle mod/tweak and trip bucket list seems to grow almost daily!
Currently looking to do the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail this coming spring, Black hills again soon and a return to the Bighorns and Wyoming in fall.

Houserw

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hello all, my name is Robert (new member)

I'm a husband and father to 3 boys, live in Kingwood Texas and love any type of outdoor adventure.

I've been dumping as much $ as the wife allows in my 2016 Mercedes sprinter 4x4 - yes I have a problem:-)

After scouting this forum, it sounds like I'm with like minded folks, so I look forward talking shop and meeting a few of you on the trails.

Cheers,
Robert

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

RSO_Tyler

Rank 0

Contributor II

I'm Tyler from Souther California. My dad and I run an offroad shop called Rock Solid Offroad where we specialize in complete builds and restorations.

I've been an overlander my whole life and grew up in an FJ60 my dad had built so I'm fairly experienced.

I have a 1986 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 that I've been building since high school and have taken on a few trips now that it's finished. I recently did my first solo expedition in it called Sea To SEMA and it was awesome.

If you guys have technical questions on Landcruisers or are having a hard time sourcing parts, in your man! Always willing to help out members of this awesome community :)

This is my FJ60

This is our old FJ60 that I grew up in.

Both have Chevy V8's and we did all the work, paint, fabrication, wiring, etc :)

nrlarson0107

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colstrip, MT, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Larson
Member #

Greeting all. My name is Nic. OB #3247.

Here is a picture of my current project:
IMG_4171_720.jpg

I purchased this 2007 Toyota Sequoia in November and two weeks later I took it on it's first off-road adventure, between two guard rails on the interstate... The overland build was moved up dramatically!

I currently reside in Fergus Falls, MN but travel for work and fun!

I have a moderate level of off-roading experience. The Sequoia, named Soy-Quoia (Soy for short) is my fourth purpose built off pavement vehicle. Previously I had a 1991 Jeep XJ, and currently still have a 2003 Land Rover Discovery and 2003 Mitsubishi Montero. The Soy is replacing both of the later vehicles.

I look forward to meeting like-minded adventurers and fellow OB members.

FOZTREK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

McGraths hill, Australia 2756
Member #

I'm Tyler from Souther California. My dad and I run an offroad shop called Rock Solid Offroad where we specialize in complete builds and restorations.

I've been an overlander my whole life and grew up in an FJ60 my dad had built so I'm fairly experienced.

I have a 1986 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 that I've been building since high school and have taken on a few trips now that it's finished. I recently did my first solo expedition in it called Sea To SEMA and it was awesome.

If you guys have technical questions on Landcruisers or are having a hard time sourcing parts, in your man! Always willing to help out members of this awesome community :)

This is my FJ60

This is our old FJ60 that I grew up in.

Both have Chevy V8's and we did all the work, paint, fabrication, wiring, etc :)

Welcome Tyler! Love your FJ60 it's so cool to see people outside of Australia with them haha

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

RSO_Tyler

Rank 0

Contributor II

Greeting all. My name is Nic. OB #3247.

Here is a picture of my current project:
View attachment 13486

I purchased this 2007 Toyota Sequoia in November and two weeks later I took it on it's first off-road adventure, between two guard rails on the interstate... The overland build was moved up dramatically!

I currently reside in Fergus Falls, MN but travel for work and fun!

I have a moderate level of off-roading experience. The Sequoia, named Soy-Quoia (Soy for short) is my fourth purpose built off pavement vehicle. Previously I had a 1991 Jeep XJ, and currently still have a 2003 Land Rover Discovery and 2003 Mitsubishi Montero. The Soy is replacing both of the later vehicles.

I look forward to meeting like-minded adventurers and fellow OB members.
Like the Yota. How do you like the LRD? I've recently started to look into those...

grumpy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Miami
Member #

Hi all,
My name is Has. Laura (my wife) and I live in Miami ( unfortunately ). She's from Chicago and I'm originally from Morocco/France. We are new to the overlanding world but we are very familiar with hiking and camping mostly outside the US. We finally decided,after being here for 20 years, to start discovering our own backyard which is pretty impressive. What a better way to do so then to mix both world. Our rig is simple ( dodge 2500 cumins), we are adding a camper ( Conqueror) for some comfort because in May we are traveling around the US for 2 months. I'm glad and great full to have found such knowledgeable and real people in OB . I hope to meet some of you in May in Flagstaff for the convention or on the road somewhere. Until then, thank you and be safe.

xPolecatx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Van Nuys,Ca
Member #

Hello All,

My name's Jai, I live in the San Fernando Valley in So Cal.

My rig is a 2000 XJ that I've had for 3 years. I love my XJ, my buddies and I get out whenever we can to either camp or hit the trails. Spent a lot of time outdoors, but I would classify myself as a novice overlander. Lots of camping and overnight trails, but nothing too intense. Looking forward to changing that! Very happy to be a part of this community.

IMG_20170107_114227_103.jpg 20161231_091438.jpg

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello All,

My name's Jai, I live in the San Fernando Valley in So Cal.

My rig is a 2000 XJ that I've had for 3 years. I love my XJ, my buddies and I get out whenever we can to either camp or hit the trails. Spent a lot of time outdoors, but I would classify myself as a novice overlander. Lots of camping and overnight trails, but nothing too intense. Looking forward to changing that! Very happy to be a part of this community.

View attachment 13500 View attachment 13501
Welcome! Very nice Jeep!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

s is our old FJ60 that I grew up in.

Welcome! Those are some epic Land Cruisers. WOW! You guys have some great talent to put those rigs together so nicely. Glad to have you here!

Reactions: RSO_Tyler