Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Met Michael and Corrie today in person when I spotted their rig outside the local Best Buy, which I recognized from their YouTube channel. They both seemed like great people, so thought I'd come join the club! New to overlanding, but love camping and the great outdoors. In the process of building the GX470 for family adventures, and keeping the GS ready for solo exploring. Looking forward to learning a lot here. Thx! Lee

IMG_0744.JPG IMG_1244.JPG

seb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Breukelen, Utrecht, Netherlands
First Name
Seb
Last Name
Bass
Member #

Met Michael and Corrie today in person when I spotted their rig outside the local Best Buy, which I recognized from their YouTube channel. They both seemed like great people, so thought I'd come join the club! New to overlanding, but love camping and the great outdoors. In the process of building the GX470 for family adventures, and keeping the GS ready for solo exploring. Looking forward to learning a lot here. Thx! Lee

View attachment 13324 View attachment 13325
I like your thinking, trying to get the missus convinced that we need a 4x4 as well! But for now we're staying with the bikes until I get a chance to show her!
Have you taken the GS off road much yet?

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello everyone. I am the new owner of a 4runner Trail and this seems to be the place to gain a mountain of knowledge. I am a complete newb to this area but hoping to change that and get out and explore. I think this forum will be much more educational then BARF or Cal Guns
and if you belong to both those forums, we need to talk! I am located in the SF Bay Area , yea I know...]
Welcome! That's a great looking 4Runner and you will definitely find a lot of information here on OB. This is a great group, free of some of the drama and politics of other groups/forums. Folks really do appreciate everyone's vehicles and are so helpful. I was never a part of Cal Guns forums, but I would go on the website at times and search things. I like reading gun forums, but man they just get way too political for me. :-(

I actually was in San Carlos for a while, that's where I first joined and met Mike and Corrie (well, it was on the highway - haha). I still work in Foster City, but now just head to the office a couple times a quarter. The SF Bay Area has tons of members and it's a beautiful place, but I'm happy to be gone. ;-)

Looking forward to seeing more of your 4Runner! [emoji1303]

FOZTREK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

McGraths hill, Australia 2756
Member #

Hey Guys and Gals!!
Josh here!

1) Picture: attached
2) Location: Sydney, Australia
3) Rig: 98 Subaru Forester T/tb
4) Overlanding Experience: Novice
Background: more experienced with camping and getting out on the trails on a dirt bike, always head out with mates in their rigs but this is my first overland rig build so I learn something new everyday!

IMG_3435.JPG IMG_3429.JPG

Trenchfighter

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Perry, Michigan
Member #

Hey Guys and Gals!!
Josh here!

1) Picture: attached
2) Location: Sydney, Australia
3) Rig: 98 Subaru Forester T/tb
4) Overlanding Experience: Novice
Background: more experienced with camping and getting out on the trails on a dirt bike, always head out with mates in their rigs but this is my first overland rig build so I learn something new everyday!

View attachment 13343 View attachment 13342
I LOVE THIS FORESTER!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: finlayforprez

FOZTREK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

McGraths hill, Australia 2756
Member #

G'day guys my names Chris I'm from Sydney Australia, I drive a 2013 Isuzu dmax and a 2001 GU patrol both 4x4, the dmax is basically stock at the moment and while I wanna say it'll stay that way I'm 90% sure thats a lie, the Patrol's bassically my offroad weapon has a 4" lift and 35" mud terrain tyres I'll put a pic of each up here and more pics in the members rides section when I get a chance my experience level I say would be between moderate and experianced . Look forward to chatting with you and checking out the forum View attachment 13005 View attachment 13004

G'day chris! Another fellow Aussie sydneysider!! Roughly where in sydney are you?

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I like your thinking, trying to get the missus convinced that we need a 4x4 as well! But for now we're staying with the bikes until I get a chance to show her!
Have you taken the GS off road much yet?
My wife is up for a short ride on the bike, but anything longer than a couple of hours and we need a car for sure. Wish I could get her to start riding on her own as she would probably enjoy it more- so I'm jealous you have that already! I've done some mild off-roading a handful of times on the bike- mostly fire roads or graded dirt, but wanting to do more. Most of my riding is paved with a few thousand-mile trips AZ, WY, UT and ID.

Overlandllama

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
OBWalt here.
New member and looking forward to joining the crew.
My wife and I live in Annapolis, MD.
I've been outdoors for fun most of my life by foot, motorcycle, and truck... whatever it takes.IMG_20161230_144124999.jpg
Current ride is a 17 Toyota Tacoma... really enjoying and using to get out to the hills in NW MD, VA, and WV.
Thanks and here's to a great New Year.

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Reactions: FOZTREK

ExGEO

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Port Richey, FL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5HLQ/AG
IMG_5330.JPG IMG_6272.JPG IMG_6413.JPG Hey Guys, I'm Derek. I've been following OB on youtube for a while now and never really looked at the site. I've been driving things where they don't normally go since before puberty. I started with a 2004 Montero Sport when I was 17. Camping, Hiking, pushing fuel ranges too far... I took a hiatus from my career in 2015 to go drive Hummers and RZRs for High Point Hummer in Moab where I learned to really handle a machine offroad. Now I'm on the 2007 Hummer H3 ATLAS and I'm extremely impressed with it's capabilities. My friends always have jokes for me, but I'm happy with the "Widow Maker." BTW her name is a different story.

Last edited:

TigersRevenge

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mission , BC
Member #

14188629_1671448456517164_7967173273649562977_o.jpg Hello All. Monty here i just found out about this site and joined up as member today. My ride is a 2012 Jeep JKUR aka the Tiger.
Twin ARB on board air system
ARB Out back storage system
Genesis Dual Battery System
AEV JK DualSport RS Suspension 3.5"
Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series JK 4-Door Body Armor
Crawler ConceptzUltimate Series JK Aluminum Front Inner Fender
Or-Fab Rear Quarter Armor with Rail & MAXXIMA Lamps
Gobi Slant 45 Rack ( This is the first one in Canada)
Lux Lighting White Rock Lights
Rugged Ridge Performance Vented Hood
Maxxis Trepadors 37 inch Tires
AEV Savegre Wheels
Titan Tank Fuel Tank Tire carrier mounted

Have been in to the overland for a bit now, in which i just love as to the place the Tiger will take me. Overlanded mostly through the BC , Yukon and Alaska areas. But this year is going to be more in the USA

ElGuapo

Rank III

Advocate II

20170108_200631.jpg Hi everybody Ed here! Novice out of Santa Barbara. Currently running a 2013 Nissan Frontier 4x4 SV aka Lafawnduh. No real mods yet other than the hefty fab works engine skid plate and buying the necessary recovery equipment. Only picture I have of my rig at the moment from taking my kids and nephew exploring in the hills near the house. Will start a build thread once I save up to start on the more serious mods.