Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello everyone. Another new member saying hello. I'm in Surprise, AZ and drive a 5th gen 4Runner. I am a novice for sure and am looking forward to learning and interacting as much as I can.
Welcome! That's an awesome 4Runner! Very clean and nice looking. [emoji106]

Reactions: seb

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi, everyone; I drive a black 2014 Toyota Tundra (CrewMax/SR5) and reside in San Diego currently. Below is a picture collage of my rig..

Edited.... I meant Tundra!

Wow! That's quite a rig. I love these built up Tundras, they are so capable and the perfect size for a lot of different terrains. I had my rover out west and it's great for the terrain, but I find in the forests of the northeast the size (especially height) can be rather challenging. I looked a new TRD Pro Tacoma at the auto show last month and I loved the layout of the Tacoma as well. Maybe that should be my next overland vehicle....... ;-) thought that special edition Tundra, some year name, is so nice!!!

Reactions: hallry

profDM

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las vegas
Member #

Hi everyone! Based in Las Vegas, but frequently take the '13 FJ to the Utah, Arizona, Northern Nevada backcountry. We usually go for 2-3 days at a time but looking forward to a much longer trip this summer - 21 days. I've followed OB on IG for awhile and finally joined. There's some great looking rigs here and hopefully we can meet up for some campfires and beers soon! OB#313213147495_10207979667003065_2882461822729259143_o.jpg

chrishernet

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hernet
Member #

Hi Everyone,
I live in Milwaukee, WI and have a 95 Jeep YJ. I'm newer to the overlanding arena but I have a trip planned for this summer to hit up the Eastern, Northern, Highest, Western, and Southern most point of WI. My Jeep is almost ready for the trip just waiting on finishing up my rear storage system.
Awesome, im from milwaukee in watertown wi now

N4lo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Texas
Hello everyone
First off I want to say how excited I am to be part of such an awesome off road group. I just got my badge in today ob #3133. I drive a 14 crewmax Toyota Tundra Sr5 off road. This is my second Toyota and my first 4x4. Last one was a mid travel prerunner. Got tired of getting stuck lol so I decided to sell it. I love the new truck. I've only had it for a month and haven't had time to take it on any trails yet. Mainly bc where I live is only beaches aka south east Texas
this is peaches my off-roading pit bull
most recent pic. Soon I'll have a build thread on tundras.com but most of my pics are on my instagram page @jarrenpaul

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Got my badges the other day, OB#2805 Truck is a 2000 F350 7.3, Ive had her for about 10 years now. I live in Ventura Ca, truck is setup for camper shell sleeping with a sleeping platform, dual batteries and on board air. Truck is sitting on Deaver springs and 36" Falken Wildpeaks. Heres a few pics, we have done a few 1-3 week trips so far and it has been working greatTruck3.jpg Truck2.jpg IMG_0438.jpg IMG_0959.jpg IMG_0961.jpg

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi everyone! Based in Las Vegas, but frequently take the '13 FJ to the Utah, Arizona, Northern Nevada backcountry. We usually go for 2-3 days at a time but looking forward to a much longer trip this summer - 21 days. I've followed OB on IG for awhile and finally joined. There's some great looking rigs here and hopefully we can meet up for some campfires and beers soon! OB#3132View attachment 13210
Wow! Love this!!! [emoji106]

Reactions: Jose

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Got my badges the other day, OB#2805 Truck is a 2000 F350 7.3, Ive had her for about 10 years now. I live in Ventura Ca, truck is setup for camper shell sleeping with a sleeping platform, dual batteries and on board air. Truck is sitting on Deaver springs and 36" Falken Wildpeaks. Heres a few pics, we have done a few 1-3 week trips so far and it has been working great]
That's one awesome F350!!! Something about a big truck done up for overlanding is so great to me. Looks amazing!

JDAIII

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Lake Forest, CA
First Name
JD
Last Name
Abbey
Member #

New here. Just joined the forum. Santa brought me (for a nominal fee of course) a new(ER) Range Rover. 2008 L322 HSE. Yes, I have a full fat Range Rover for off roading. Don't judge me.

I have lived down a few dirt roads in my life but that is the extent of my off roading experience. For me it's all about being able to explore nature and I'm most interested in long off road trips where I don't see other people for hours/months/days, thus my arrival here. My friend and I have been into backpacking, but we are not really active in that anymore(read Too Fat). We want to try something different and so we are both buying 4x4s. I just went luxurious on my choice. It will not always be a Chelsea Tractor, but it has to double as a commuter and family car no matter what I do to it.

So far my rig is bone stock. Image Below. And as you can see, I do not own any reliable cars now. But they are both fun.

My future plans:
brush guards
knobbier tires, but not a lot of clearance at access height.
roof rack (most likely Voyager rack)
Trail lights
Possibly ladder
CB
Expedition box with drawer in cargo area

Tough things that may never happen are:
rock sliders (tubular step sides are an option, but cannot speak to their strength. Otherwise custom will have to be made to fit stock mount points for the step sides.)
bull bar
winch
ladder

Cavo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Great Falls, VA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Richard
Member #

1) Picture IMG_2264.JPG
2) Location: Between Santa Fe and Las Vegas NM
3) Rig: 2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/KDSS...just ordered Gobi Roof Rack and Ladder, ARB awning and tires (BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2)
My want list is long, but a teacher salary puts me on a save, wait for tax return style of buying additions, which is to say, painstakingly longer than I want
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Moderate

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Hi, new member here. Thought I would repost in the correct spot. My ride is a 2010 Jeep 2 door Rubicon. 3" BDS lift, Fox 2.0 shocks, Shrockworks winch bumper, Shrockworks rear bumper with tire carrier and cargo basket, Warn winch and Rotopax gas and water containers. UHF/VHF and CB for comms.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

EvilBunny

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bought a Jeep a few months ago for real cheap it's a bit rough but a work in progress.
Has a few issues and i've had a couple problems so far but i'm slowly building it into a nice strong vehicle to be able to take me anywhere.
I love to explore and find new places as well as camping and hiking so I thought overlanding would be perfect to get into.
I have a 1989 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
From the East Bay in California
This will be my first venture into overlanding as well.
I also do welding/fabrication in my free time as a side job and will be building all my own racks,bumpers,etc.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

New here. Just joined the forum. Santa brought me (for a nominal fee of course) a new(ER) Range Rover. 2008 L322 HSE. Yes, I have a full fat Range Rover for off roading. Don't judge me.

I have lived down a few dirt roads in my life but that is the extent of my off roading experience. For me it's all about being able to explore nature and I'm most interested in long off road trips where I don't see other people for hours/months/days, thus my arrival here. My friend and I have been into backpacking, but we are not really active in that anymore(read Too Fat). We want to try something different and so we are both buying 4x4s. I just went luxurious on my choice. It will not always be a Chelsea Tractor, but it has to double as a commuter and family car no matter what I do to it.

So far my rig is bone stock. Image Below. And as you can see, I do not own any reliable cars now. But they are both fun.

My future plans:
brush guards
Trail lights
Possibly ladder
CB

rock sliders (tubular step sides are an option, but cannot speak to their strength. Otherwise custom will have to be made to fit stock mount points for the step sides.)
bull bar
winch
ladder

Awesome! I'd love to watch your build. Don't underestimate that rover once built up, my buddy would wheel a 2011 supercharged and that thing was nuts. He definitely pushed it hard and it was a beast. I have some great videos and photos I can share with you..... welcome!!!!

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

My future plans:
brush guards
Trail lights
Possibly ladder
CB

bull bar
winch
ladder

I am looking forwards to this! While range Rover have certainly gotten more plush since their beginning, they haven't lost their off-road prowess quite yet!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app