First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey everyone,

I've been here for a while but never got around to posting. I'm based out of the Chicago area and drive a 2018 Outback with a few upgrades to make it more capable and reliable.

I want to consider myself a beginner but I know that isn't accurate. So maybe cautiously moderate. Cautious because I wheel it like I need it to get to work on Monday.

By the groups definition of Overlanding, I've been involved since the early 80's tagging along with my dad on regular multiple country drives in his van. I started going on adventures myself with an XJ Cherokee in the late 90's.

Most recent we drove the 7 Hour Plane Crash Trail as part of the Fl4tFest Overland Adventure.
Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA,

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Thanks for the add. I am in the Hillcountry area of Texas. My rig is a Gladiator on 35’s with a High Altitude XT50 trailer. Novice to overlanding although I spend a lot of time camping on our deer lease. View attachment 245892
Hi John. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello there -

I'm a new member but a long time YouTube viewer.

Pic - attached
Location - Fort Worth., TX
Rig - 2010 Ford Raptor
Experience - can be subjective, but I've roamed and done some stuff here and there :) fully self contained except for a shower system (yet).

I've built the rig solo and very pleased so far. Not many Raptors in the overland community but starting to see some pop up recently. I'm representing the Gen 1's.

Pic of this weekends trip (not the best iPhone camera)View attachment 245922
Nice rig Les. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Greetings & Salutations -

I'm a new member but a long time YouTube viewer & ResearcherView attachment 245951.

Pic - attached
Location - Salt Lake City, UT
Rig - 2022 Chevrolet ZR2 Bison
Experience - Beginner, We have done alot of local trips to get used to the rig, we recently did a run out to Death Valley NP & Joshua Tree NP in late october.

I've built the rig mostly solo. My Gf & I usually work together on the easier stuff where I am more mechanically Inclined.
Hi Shane. Nice rig! Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey all, new to the group and located near Atlanta, GA. We are in a Jeep JKUR and generally are exploring in the Southeast. I'm definitely not new to being in the outdoors or working on vehicles but am far from an expert. Looking forward to connecting with others in the region and sharing the hobby.
Hi Gary. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA,

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Rig: 1997 Nissan Patrol GR Y60 2.8TD
Experience: Learned to drive in a Nissan Patrol on dirt roads in the north of Ivory Coast about 25 years ago but not much overlanding since then.
Hello Josef. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.

Foras

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Bonte
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Experience: Learned to drive in a Nissan Patrol on dirt roads in the north of Ivory Coast about 25 years ago but not much overlanding since then.
Welcome from California with Dutch/Indo heritage.

Kzip

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Dos Palos, CA, USA
First Name
Kiale
Last Name
Zuspan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS Callsign: WROX383

Rig: 2016 Jeep JKU
I have been camping and adventuring for along time now but only in the last 5 years have I started overlanding. Trying to show my kids the adventure in nature never ends.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

I have been camping and adventuring for along time now but only in the last 5 years have I started overlanding. Trying to show my kids the adventure in nature never ends.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; @Inthewoods @Motomikeca @TOMB,
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Kiale
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Josef,

Welcome. That is a very capable rig, but not very popular with Overlanders. Offroaders however are loving it.
If you like to do daytrips and other Overlanding events in the Netherlands or Europe, just contact me.
I do a lot of trips here around. Camping, culture and all.

Greetings from Robert

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy

Welcome to Overland Bound

XPLORx4

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Galt, CA, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Thayer
Hi all, I just attended an OB meetup in Livermore (Dec 4), and it was very cool. Lots of awesome rigs and friendly people. I live in Sacramento County now, but I lived almost 20 years in the Bay Area. It's actually nicer to live on this side of the Altamont, being closer to most trails and not having to deal with traffic on 580/680.

I have 2 overlanding rigs, built for different purposes:
97 Nissan Pathfinder (6" lift, dual ARB lockers, on-board air, winch, rock sliders, etc.) <--- this is my rock-crawler, for tighter and/or more challenging excursions
05 Toyota Sequoia (2.5" lift, rear ARB locker, rock sliders) <--- this is my light/medium difficulty trail runner, tow rig, usually used for longer trips or for bringing extra people and gear

I've been "overlanding" since about 1998, when I realized that my 4x4 could take me places in the wilderness that I'd always longed to explore but lacked the equipment to do so. It's taken over 20 years to build my Nissan into what it is today, and it's been really fun to see how the "overlanding" subculture has really grown over the last 2 decades.

That being said, I hope to get more active, attending future trail runs and meeting more awesome, like-minded overlanding folks.

Thanks in advance for the welcome!

Olen

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Stillwater, OK, USA
First Name
Olen
Last Name
Weaver
Member #

Hi all, I just attended an OB meetup in Livermore (Dec 4), and it was very cool. Lots of awesome rigs and friendly people. I live in Sacramento County now, but I lived almost 20 years in the Bay Area. It's actually nicer to live on this side of the Altamont, being closer to most trails and not having to deal with traffic on 580/680.

I have 2 overlanding rigs, built for different purposes:
97 Nissan Pathfinder (6" lift, dual ARB lockers, on-board air, winch, rock sliders, etc.) <--- this is my rock-crawler, for tighter and/or more challenging excursions
05 Toyota Sequoia (2.5" lift, rear ARB locker, rock sliders) <--- this is my light/medium difficulty trail runner, tow rig, usually used for longer trips or for bringing extra people and gear

I've been "overlanding" since about 1998, when I realized that my 4x4 could take me places in the wilderness that I'd always longed to explore but lacked the equipment to do so. It's taken over 20 years to build my Nissan into what it is today, and it's been really fun to see how the "overlanding" subculture has really grown over the last 2 decades.

That being said, I hope to get more active, attending future trail runs and meeting more awesome, like-minded overlanding folks.

Thanks in advance for the welcome!
Welcome to Overland Bound, Dean!