Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

MandAtaco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

I've posted a little bit but I guess I should introduce myself here. My family and I live in Las Vegas, NV and love being outdoors! My wife and I had our first date out wheeling in an old S10 Blazer and have never stopped. We love exploring and traveling, just wish work wouldn't get in the way! As we started having kids ( 3 now! ), we just threw them right into the mix. Our oldest, now almost 7 was out camping with us the first time at 11 weeks old. Now they are the ones bugging us wanting to know when the next "adventure" is.

We've got two 4Runner in the family, my wife drives a V8 4th gen with a mild lift, and my DD and our primary adventure vehicle is a 3rd gen 4Runner with a lot of mods. I bought this truck about 2 years ago to replace an 01 Tacoma that we had wheeled all over the SW. I hated to get rid of it but 3 car seats and an extended cab mini truck just didn't cut it. Luckily the 3rd gen 4 Runner's are so similar to the first gen Tacoma's, that I was able to swap a lot of the parts over.

Anyway here are some pics of us!

[URL=http://s789.photobucket.com/user/nevada4wheelin2/media/2016%2004-15-16%20Pony%20Express%20Nevada/IMG_9119_zpsnscyfoiv.jpg.html]

If your interested, I have a full build thread over on t4r.org of our 3rd Gen.
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/190607-mandataco-manda4runner-build-thread.html

On Instagram @nevada4wheelin and @overlandnv

We are looking forward to being part of the community! Just put our badge on last night, OB#2353![/url]

Blaine

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Grande Prairie AB
Member #

Hello OB,
My family and I have been ‘car camping’ for years, over the last few years we have been getting more adventurous and developing our Taco to make it a more pleasurable experience. We have family in the Yukon so we make that trip annually and from there we have done a great Alaskan trip. I’m joining to get and give intel on cool trips, either in the North, Western Canada and the PNW/Idaho/Montana. I happen to really like Toyotas and Gen 3 Chev LS V8s too!!

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Hey Everyone! New forum member here just north or Raleigh, NC. Always had trucks and sports cars over my life as i am a big car guy. Fast forward to a few years ago, i sold my truck and bought a 2011 VW Jetta. Most boring vehicle in my life. I'm talking soul sucking boring. Only thing that kept me not driving it off a cliff was the manual trans i enjoyed driving and the fact it was paid off.
About a week or so ago now i was nailed head on about on my streets about 20-30 mph. Car is basically totaled (just waiting on the insurance company to cut me a valuation and a check). So my requirements i've told the wife is the car HAS to be fun, i can't do that boring good mpg point A to point B sedan. I do need good mpg though as i drive about 70-80 miles a day to and from work. That limits the sports cars and trucks real fast. So i have my eye set on a Subaru Outback. It looks like the perfect vehicle on paper, awesome AWD system, plenty of room, good MPG and i actually don't mind the styling. The capability seems great for a stock car.
I'm not looking to go wheeling and rock crawling, just want to be able to do more and get out there. Love the outdoors, love vehicles so i stumbled on to this thing called Overlanding. Actually was out in Asheville in October and caught a glimpse of the Overland Expo at biltmore, looked like a blast! So i'll be doing some shopping but definitely want to get more into this Overland thing and this seems like a great place and community to start with!

-Mav

Raptorman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

White Plains New York
Member #

1570.JPG 1573.JPG 1576.JPG What' up everyone? Just wanted to introduce myself. My family and I love exploring and overlanding. This is a few pics of our truck it's a 2014 F-150 raptor. These pics were taken at Overland Expo east 2016 in North Carolina. Hope to see you on the road, now get out and explore....

AndyH

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Warriewood NSW, Australia
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Hempsall
Member #

I love this RRS! I've seen a few built up and they are extremely capable and really look awesome. I follow the Green Oval guys and have bought a few things from Graham. Can't wait to see more photos and what you do! Welcome!
Thanks. I've ordered a couple of items from them. Still waiting for one. But yeah the RRS should be good. Took it out over Xmas for a quick shake down. Everything worked well and it performed brilliantly considering totally stock.

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Thanks. I've ordered a couple of items from them. Still waiting for one. But yeah the RRS should be good. Took it out over Xmas for a quick shake down. Everything worked well and it performed brilliantly considering totally stock.
Rovers get a lot of haters, especially newer ones, but they are amazingly capable from the factory.

Reactions: The_Just

Trenchfighter

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Perry, Michigan
Member #

Hello All! New to the forum, and am generally new to Overlanding in the civilian sense of the word! I was in the Marine Corps for 20 years and counting, and sure miss bombing around the world in Humvees and on boats exploring the world. Now, we are back in Michigan for the past 6 years and its past time to start adventuring again. We have several vehicle platforms that we will use for our adventures, from a Ford Focus to a Fossil Juice sucking Ramcharger and also plenty of hobbies to pursue. All of our builds or outfitting will be at a slow affordable pace, but the RamCharger affectionately known as "Skeletor" will be the actual Overland build! Look for that thread!! The John Deer will get a lift kit, some LED's and a rooftop tent for the expedition trailer, and some fuel cans mounted to a swing away tire carrier, with a Lo-Lift Jack
IMG_1032.JPG IMG_0171.JPG DSC01104.JPG IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0338.JPG

Last edited:

Dan Z Apices

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lowell, MA
Member #

IMG_20170107_125220.jpg Location: Massachusetts, I'm a Lowell boy.
Rig: 2012 Xterra, with much more to do
Experience: novice in regards to off-road, mostly autocross and NASA time trials in a Miata... Which doesn't exactly lend itself to overlanding (though I'd drive coast to coast in a 2 seat roadster if my arse could handle it)
Why overlanding?: I love driving, I love varied landscapes, and I love the feeling of each the departure, the journey and the homecoming. I only like the highway when it's necessary to put the miles on.

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello All! New to the forum, and am generally new to Overlanding in the civilian sense of the word! I was in the Marine Corps for 20 years and counting, and sure miss bombing around the world in Humvees and on boats exploring the world. Now, we are back in Michigan for the past 6 years and its past time to start adventuring again. We have several vehicle platforms that we will use for our adventures, from a Ford Focus to a Fossil Juice sucking Ramcharger and also plenty of hobbies to pursue. All of our builds or outfitting will be at a slow affordable pace, but the RamCharger affectionately known as "Skeletor" will be the actual Overland build! Look for that thread!! The John Deer will get a lift kit, some LED's and a rooftop tent for the expedition trailer, and some fuel cans mounted to a swing away tire carrier, with a Lo-Lift Jack]
Welcome! Very cool variety of vehicles. [emoji106]

Thank you for your service!

Reactions: Trenchfighter

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 13306 Location: Massachusetts, I'm a Lowell boy.
Experience: novice in regards to off-road, mostly autocross and NASA time trials in a Miata... Which doesn't exactly lend itself to overlanding (though I'd drive coast to coast in a 2 seat roadster if my arse could handle it)
Why overlanding?: I love driving, I love varied landscapes, and I love the feeling of each the departure, the journey and the homecoming. I only like the highway when it's necessary to put the miles on.
Welcome to a fellow MA overlander! I'm in Douglas.... post up on the MA board, trying to get some folks together. Awesome XTerra - love them!

Trenchfighter

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Perry, Michigan
Member #

View attachment 13306 Location: Massachusetts, I'm a Lowell boy.
Love the Xterra! My brother has one, Ill be getting him on here soon as well!

Reactions: Dan Z Apices

JayRock

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Carlos, CA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Layhe
Member #

Hello everyone. I am the new owner of a 4runner Trail and this seems to be the place to gain a mountain of knowledge. I am a complete newb to this area but hoping to change that and get out and explore. I think this forum will be much more educational then BARF or Cal Guns
and if you belong to both those forums, we need to talk! I am located in the SF Bay Area , yea I know...