Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Greetings. After living in a van for around four years, I took a year off in rural Middle Tennessee. Being truly nomadic, I am still not interested in being settled for long anywhere. So I got a 2020 Tacoma, already turned into an overlanding machine with flatbed, suspension redo, re-geared, etc. 4 Wheel Camper with enough solar and amenities for long-time back-country travel. I spent three months this Summer in Nor. Cal./So. Oregon and Nevada. I'll be Wintering in Tennessee while I prep for full-time excursion mode next year. So I am in the rabbit hole of research now on where to go. Figured it's time to start joining groups like this to get inspired meet people. I might go for Trans American route since it runs right by where I am starting
Welcome! One thing I loved about being in the military is being able to move around every few years. In my case from coast to coast and exploring the country in between. I hope to get back to it when I retire, this desk ball and chain sucks a bit. Enjoy!

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Mark
Washington D.C. area
2005 Land Rover LR3 SE
I run trails when I can and am looking forward to some longer overlanding trips. My rig is almost fully set up and ready for some shorter sections of the TransAm trail.
Welcome! Getting out on the trail and away from the urban jungle is a wonderful thing. Plenty of info to gain from here...

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
1) Sorry, no pictures as I'm just starting to build a rig from scratch
2) Kern County, California
3) Toyota 4runner, Tacoma, Land Cruiser or Lexus equivalent - I'm still searching for a used vehicle to purchase
4) Experienced

My name's Alex and I've been "adventuring" as I'll call it for 40 years + all over the world. It averages out to about 20 years outside the USA and 20 years in Southern/Central CA in the high desert.

I've recently moved back to the USA again so I have to build a new rig here from scratch. All of the supplies I have, just need a rig to carry/organize it. If I can buy someone's used rig that is in a high state of maintenance, that would be ideal.

Glad to be here!
Hello Alex, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Mark
Washington D.C. area
2005 Land Rover LR3 SE
I run trails when I can and am looking forward to some longer overlanding trips. My rig is almost fully set up and ready for some shorter sections of the TransAm trail.
Greetings Mark, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings. After living in a van for around four years, I took a year off in rural Middle Tennessee. Being truly nomadic, I am still not interested in being settled for long anywhere. So I got a 2020 Tacoma, already turned into an overlanding machine with flatbed, suspension redo, re-geared, etc. 4 Wheel Camper with enough solar and amenities for long-time back-country travel. I spent three months this Summer in Nor. Cal./So. Oregon and Nevada. I'll be Wintering in Tennessee while I prep for full-time excursion mode next year. So I am in the rabbit hole of research now on where to go. Figured it's time to start joining groups like this to get inspired meet people. I might go for Trans American route since it runs right by where I am starting from... View attachment 245086
Greetings Jeff, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

View attachment 245088

2) Location (General area is fine)

Well, the pic is Colorado 81235... we are Thornton Co.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, ect.)

2016 Toyota Tacoma LIMITED, apparently a bit different then the 99%.. LOL... has me enjoying the difficulty in matching shit up LMFAO!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

Well, kinda Novice to the Tacoma World..... Experienced Overtracking! , nothing new. EX- 1990 Jeep Wrangler YJ 4"lift, 36" tires 17" wheels, jerking the jerk back then LOL.....

Kinda wanna say:

Hello everyone,,,,,, kinda got my head in an Ostrich Patch personal life and rebuild and keeping friends close is what life is all about no matter what anyone says

Mid Build.. the above referenced Engineers Pass (Accidental Situation) told me I was in a MUST change situation. So, had to replace the Bumper (Modified Vijay front Bumper, replaced the Hi-Line Body Armor),,,, replaced the lights and added stronger support beams within. Tomorrow 11/15/22 - adding Curved LED roof lightbar, Cali Raised 52" brackets... adding AuxBeam 8 one Sided Aux Power Panel... planning: ********?? UNK 3.5 inch lift *********?? ,,,, Unknown 18in x 10in wheels,,,,, adding Unknown 33" Tire (planned out all trimming),,,,, adding Unknown bed rack... adding removable Retractable Steps... adding removable Rock slider steps (change out for the Street/Trails intent),,,,,

Planned, Replace rear bumper the muti use storage gate and spare holder w/ extra LED lights. 13000 Lbs Warn Winch w/ snatch blocks. Grill, extra lights.. front camera.. side cameras... Stinger Head Unit... interior lighting, exterior lighting, Sequential Taillights, Sequential Headlights, custom full undercarriage skid plate (Proud to have Engineering and Fabricating
friends), custom Aluminum replacement Wheel Liners (front).. Re Gear to 5.29, complete ECU reprogramming to match all to changes

Hope this works
Greetings Ramon, welcome to Overland Bound!

Enthusiast I

Orhantepe, Kartal/İstanbul, Türkiye
First Name
SAMET
Last Name
ASLAN
PXL_20221113_111132004.jpg
o7 Greetings from Istanbul/Turkiye . Im Aslan .
1999 Nissan Pathfinder r50 SE, just got this one and fixing all the problems atm. I put lil bit lift on that and bought 33" tires. Definetly needs a paint job but for now im just fixing mechanical problems.
we had good old 87" Pajero and 2006 Grand Vitara back then. Now officially got my own offroader. Just wanna get a deeper understanding of this lifestyle.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

View attachment 245099
1999 Nissan Pathfinder r50 SE, just got this one and fixing all the problems atm. I put lil bit lift on that and bought 33" tires. Definetly needs a paint job but for now im just fixing mechanical problems.
we had good old 87" Pajero and 2006 Grand Vitara back then. Now officially got my own offroader. Just wanna get a deeper understanding of this lifestyle.
Hallo Pati
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

Montgomery, Texas, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

View attachment 245099
Welcome Aboard from Texas

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
View attachment 245099

Welcome to Overland Bound

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

View attachment 245088

2) Location (General area is fine)

Well, the pic is Colorado 81235... we are Thornton Co.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, ect.)

2016 Toyota Tacoma LIMITED, apparently a bit different then the 99%.. LOL... has me enjoying the difficulty in matching shit up LMFAO!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

Well, kinda Novice to the Tacoma World..... Experienced Overtracking! , nothing new. EX- 1990 Jeep Wrangler YJ 4"lift, 36" tires 17" wheels, jerking the jerk back then LOL.....

Kinda wanna say:

Hello everyone,,,,,, kinda got my head in an Ostrich Patch personal life and rebuild and keeping friends close is what life is all about no matter what anyone says

Mid Build.. the above referenced Engineers Pass (Accidental Situation) told me I was in a MUST change situation. So, had to replace the Bumper (Modified Vijay front Bumper, replaced the Hi-Line Body Armor),,,, replaced the lights and added stronger support beams within. Tomorrow 11/15/22 - adding Curved LED roof lightbar, Cali Raised 52" brackets... adding AuxBeam 8 one Sided Aux Power Panel... planning: ********?? UNK 3.5 inch lift *********?? ,,,, Unknown 18in x 10in wheels,,,,, adding Unknown 33" Tire (planned out all trimming),,,,, adding Unknown bed rack... adding removable Retractable Steps... adding removable Rock slider steps (change out for the Street/Trails intent),,,,,

Planned, Replace rear bumper the muti use storage gate and spare holder w/ extra LED lights. 13000 Lbs Warn Winch w/ snatch blocks. Grill, extra lights.. front camera.. side cameras... Stinger Head Unit... interior lighting, exterior lighting, Sequential Taillights, Sequential Headlights, custom full undercarriage skid plate (Proud to have Engineering and Fabricating
friends), custom Aluminum replacement Wheel Liners (front).. Re Gear to 5.29, complete ECU reprogramming to match all to changes

Hope this works

Welcome to Overland Bound

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Welcome! Plenty of good info to be found here...

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 245099
Hello Pati, welcome to Overland Bound.