Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Wow, so many new members again! Welcome to Overland Bound to all of you!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern
Thank you. It has only been a few days since joining and I have truly enjoyed browsing the forums and varies articles. I would love to have a local meet up but there’s nothing in my area. Ugh! Maybe I have to make it happen.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern
Thank you. It has only been a few days since joining and I have truly enjoyed browsing the forums and varies articles. I would love to have a local meet up but there’s nothing in my area. Ugh! Maybe I have to make it happen.
Hallo Jason
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern
Hallo Jason
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden
Thank you.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi there I'm Mark I live with my wife of 47 years near Lake Conroe, just north of Houston, TX. I drive a 2021 Wrangler JL sport, 3.6, 8sp, 2.5 lift, 35 inch tires, 5:13 gears w front locker and pull a modified teardrop trailer with Timbren axle-less off road suspension. We are new to overlanding. Last year spent 2 weeks running in the Uray Colorado area. This year we spent 3+ week running parts of the continental between Denver and the Canadian border. Next summer it's 2+ months going to Alaska.
Hello Mark, welcome to Overland Bound.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi there, my name is Dylan and I'm situated in Vancouver, WA. I drive a 2017 Canyon and I'm more on the novice side all in all, but I'm seeking to get more experience under my belt.
Hello Dylan,
Welcome to Overland Bound. I am the Northwest Director.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hey guys,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alex and I live just north of Columbus OH. I just picked up a 1997 80 Series Land Cruiser that I am converting into an Overlanding rig. I used to do offroading in college in a 2008 Nissan Frontier but it has been a while. I would put myself somewhere between novice and advanced since Overlanding is new to me and offroading is very common. I am excited to be in the group and looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Alex
Welcome…C-bus is a second hometown to me. If you haven’t met the guys at D&R Motors you need to. The specialize in Toyota 4x4. Their shop is on Hudson Street in Columbus. Matt is the owner and Jarrod is the main man there. They have a Toyota get together about once a month or so. They are on FB and IG #danadrmotors…

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
If you like, check out the member map to see who is near you. Maybe you can organize something together, a meetup or a ride?

Sheedy614

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sunbury, OH, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Sheedy
Member #

Hey guys,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alex and I live just north of Columbus OH. I just picked up a 1997 80 Series Land Cruiser that I am converting into an Overlanding rig. I used to do offroading in college in a 2008 Nissan Frontier but it has been a while. I would put myself somewhere between novice and advanced since Overlanding is new to me and offroading is very common. I am excited to be in the group and looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Alex
Welcome…C-bus is a second hometown to me. If you haven’t met the guys at D&R Motors you need to. The specialize in Toyota 4x4. Their shop is on Hudson Street in Columbus. Matt is the owner and Jarrod is the main man there. They have a Toyota get together about once a month or so. They are on FB and IG #danadrmotors…
Thanks for the info! I will check them out!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there I'm Mark I live with my wife of 47 years near Lake Conroe, just north of Houston, TX. I drive a 2021 Wrangler JL sport, 3.6, 8sp, 2.5 lift, 35 inch tires, 5:13 gears w front locker and pull a modified teardrop trailer with Timbren axle-less off road suspension. We are new to overlanding. Last year spent 2 weeks running in the Uray Colorado area. This year we spent 3+ week running parts of the continental between Denver and the Canadian border. Next summer it's 2+ months going to Alaska.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mark
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Mark, welcome to Overland Bound!

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Welcome! Sounds like you have had and have plans for some wonderful adventuring!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome from Oklahoma.
Since you have a Jeep, I will also invite you to check out the Jeep Talk Show (jeeptalkshow.com) if you may be interested in a Jeep Podcast, the main host (and founder) is based near Houston as well.

KyleJLRubi

Rank 0

Contributor I

Alabama, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
VanZanden
Hey everyone,
My name is Kyle and Im a student at the University of Alabama, I just got my new 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 diesel back in July (ordered in April). So far ive only been able to take a trip to a drive on beach back home in Florida and a few day trips to various forests in alabama. Im looking forward to learning and hearing from you all and hopefully getting out to do a true overlanding trip soon.
A77E6BED-CDD0-487A-8C76-CF0B0D067551.pngB64F57F2-F597-43B7-9CB2-47CB676F08B2.png

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hey everyone,
My name is Kyle and Im a student at the University of Alabama, I just got my new 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 diesel back in July (ordered in April). So far ive only been able to take a trip to a drive on beach back home in Florida and a few day trips to various forests in alabama. Im looking forward to learning and hearing from you all and hopefully getting out to do a true overlanding trip soon.
View attachment 242719View attachment 242720
Welcome to Overland Bound, Kyle.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey everyone,
Hallo Kyle
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

er waddell

Rank VI
Investor

Influencer I

Bay Colony Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89131, United States
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Waddell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7GYU
Service Branch
United States Army
Hey everyone,

I’m new to OB and recently moved to Las Vegas from Georgia. I’ve camped and done some mild off-roading for years in different vehicles. I’m currently driving/building a 07’ Range Rover that has been extremely capable for what I do in stock form. Looking to add some slightly larger tires and a better quality roof rack as money permits. I love to disconnect and be self sufficient outdoors, that’s what drew me into this stuff in the first place. Here’s a few pictures of the truck from our last trip. Thanks!

Welcome !!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone,
Hello Kyle, welcome to Overland Bound.