First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good afternoon Gents,

I am Jeremy from Russellville, Ar. Selling my VW TDI and just purchased this beater for a song. 99 Yukon. 5.7 Vortec. Runs quieter than the VW. The yukon was about a quarter what I am getting for my VW so excited to start tinkering. Past 4x4 experience was owning 6 different IHC Scouts(2x 800's and 4 Scout II's). Wife is on-board for the tinkering and the journey. View attachment 241956
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Bad Sport and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey y’all! Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Matt and I’m located in NC. Newly transplanted from East Texas. Been around trail running and camping for years. Previously, I was running a 2018 Raptor which was a hell of a truck. I couldn’t handle pinstriping the paint on such an expensive vehicle so I sold that and I am currently building up a 96’ LX450 with factory lockers. Just finished baselining and got the 2.5 in OME lift and white knuckle off-road rock sliders on. Heading over to throw some 35’s on the ole boy this week. I love to turn wrenches and learn about the rig I’m working on. In any case, would love to meet some people in my neck of the woods to run some trails with, wrench on rigs, and do some camping! Excited to join the community!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey friends

Brian from the Nashville, TN area checking in as a new user!

I have a 2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V8 4WD. Have had it since 2021. Fairly new to off roading and over landing; been out just a handful of times

If anyone in the area would like to meet up and ride hmu!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey guys,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alex and I live just north of Columbus OH. I just picked up a 1997 80 Series Land Cruiser that I am converting into an Overlanding rig. I used to do offroading in college in a 2008 Nissan Frontier but it has been a while. I would put myself somewhere between novice and advanced since Overlanding is new to me and offroading is very common. I am excited to be in the group and looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Alex

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi…Sandra from the UK
Toyota Landcruiser with Bush Company Roof Top Tent.
Husband and I did three months on/off road in Spain etc this year.
Off to Norway in January.
The tent makes a very comfortable second home.
Always looking for shared tips and advice…..thanks for the join up.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi from northwestern suburbs of Chicago.

I recently purchased a 2013 Lexus GX460 with the hopes to build it out for overlanding. I realize there’s not too many groups or opportunities around the Chicagoland area but am hoping the community grows in the region so I can learn from those with way more experience than I have, which is none outside of camping .

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
My name is Juan, below is my info:

1) Picture! (attached)
2) Location (Pacifica, CA)
3) Rigs (1980 FJ45 Land Cruiser Pick up & 1996 FZJ80 LandCruiser.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (I'm old and have been doing this since the 80's off and on)

Thanks for accepting my membershipView attachment 242252View attachment 242254

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Location - San Jose Ca

Rig - 2021 TOYOTA TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD

EXPERIENCE - Very new

Why I want to overland? I grew up hunting and fishing and camping my whole life and I think it would be amazing to go to places and see things not a lot of people get to see.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, my name is Nikolay. I live in Pleasanton, CA.
My wife (Katrin) and I have visited East Bay Monthly meetup today, and we've enjoyed meeting members of Overland Bound there.
We like all kind of campings (car camping, backpacking, boat-in camping, etc...)
We have 2016 4runner, and would love to join an overland trip soon.

View attachment 242472

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone,
My name is Kyle and Im a student at the University of Alabama, I just got my new 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 diesel back in July (ordered in April). So far ive only been able to take a trip to a drive on beach back home in Florida and a few day trips to various forests in alabama. Im looking forward to learning and hearing from you all and hopefully getting out to do a true overlanding trip soon.
View attachment 242719View attachment 242720

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all,

Name: Megan Renee Hults

Rig: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Rig's Nickname: Bring The Reign

Experience Level: Moderate

*I also do photography if anyone wants some cool shots of themselves and their rigs.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Name: Grant
Rig: 2019 Tundra
Wife's Rig: 2013 Land Cruiser
Experience: Intermediate. Lots of tent and RV camping as a kid. Lots of "Army camping." Had a several year-long rock crawling phase with a couple of Wranglers. Now wanting to get back into camping, introduce my young kids to camping, and take our camping adventures to the next level. I've watched Michael's Overland Bound YouTube channel for awhile. Excellent content. Happy to be here.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi there I'm Mark I live with my wife of 47 years near Lake Conroe, just north of Houston, TX. I drive a 2021 Wrangler JL sport, 3.6, 8sp, 2.5 lift, 35 inch tires, 5:13 gears w front locker and pull a modified teardrop trailer with Timbren axle-less off road suspension. We are new to overlanding. Last year spent 2 weeks running in the Uray Colorado area. This year we spent 3+ week running parts of the continental between Denver and the Canadian border. Next summer it's 2+ months going to Alaska.
Hello Mark (@Mark_cd8bb2 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Hi from northwestern suburbs of Chicago.

I recently purchased a 2013 Lexus GX460 with the hopes to build it out for overlanding. I realize there’s not too many groups or opportunities around the Chicagoland area but am hoping the community grows in the region so I can learn from those with way more experience than I have, which is none outside of camping .
Thank you.