Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi, All.
Rigs: 2008 EarthRoamer and 2008 FJ Cruiser
Experience: Have been wheeling since I got my drivers license in 1972. Overlanding longer.

We sold our house and have been traveling around the West in the 'roamer five months into it now. Currently in the Mojave desert, heading toward the coast.
Wow! That's amazing!

Reactions: The_Just

SLOPOQ

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

San Marcos, California, 92069
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Huddleston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6RAB
Hi, Richard Huddleston (Slopoq)
Vehicle: 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Experience: Lots of off road experience thru the years, I love exploring this great country of ours. Don't seem to have enough time to do as much as I would like to, tho'. And it's hard to get my wife and co-pilot off the grid (if you know what I mean) lol. Can't get her out of the Hotels or Motels and into a tent or even a small camper of some sort.

Buffdeez

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hamilton, ON
Member #

Hey All,
Rig: 08 Tacoma SR5 TRD Sport OME 2in, 886 Coils, Dakars, Century Cap, Front Runner Cab/Canopy, Smittybilt RTT, ARB 2000 AWNING.
Experience: Camped a ton, but now wanting to explore using Truck and getting deep into overlanding

Cheers

Last edited:

imperialJKU

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

Hello All!

My name is Bryan, and I'm out of Atlanta, GA. Attached is a pic of my rig, a 2013 JKU. Method Racing Wheels, Mickey Thompson Tires, Teraflex, Mickey Thompson Stubby front bumper, Factor55, Smittybilt X2O winch, Bushwacker Trail Armor, Drake. Need to add an additional updated pic with all the additions! I'm closer to a novice than an experienced Overlander, but that's going to change! I look forward to meeting new friends and learning lots from the group!

I do have a question on what steps I should take to get the most of this group. I've recently been notified that I'm member #3135 and am anxiously awaiting my badge! Is there an area where I can put my badge number in my profile, map, etc.? Anything additional I should do to get the most of my membership?

Sorry for the questions! May be a better discussion for this, and I'm sure I'm not the first to ask! Just excited to be a part of this group!

Bryan2016-05-21-22-39-33.jpg

Last edited:

Isaac Elekom

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi Everyone,
I live in Milwaukee, WI and have a 95 Jeep YJ. I'm newer to the overlanding arena but I have a trip planned for this summer to hit up the Eastern, Northern, Highest, Western, and Southern most point of WI. My Jeep is almost ready for the trip just waiting on finishing up my rear storage system.

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi Everyone,
I live in Milwaukee, WI and have a 95 Jeep YJ. I'm newer to the overlanding arena but I have a trip planned for this summer to hit up the Eastern, Northern, Highest, Western, and Southern most point of WI. My Jeep is almost ready for the trip just waiting on finishing up my rear storage system.
Welcome!

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Hey OB, I'm Brian. I've got a 2015 Xterra PRO4X with a few modifications (see sig). I picked up the X after walking away from a multi rollover accident in my Frontier back in Oct 2015 at Hollister Hills SVRA. Getting my rig in shape for some overlanding style trips and looking forward to joining you western US folks on some adventures!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey OB, I'm Brian. I've got a 2015 Xterra PRO4X with a few modifications (see sig). I picked up the X after walking away from a multi rollover accident in my Frontier back in Oct 2015 at Hollister Hills SVRA. Getting my rig in shape for some overlanding style trips and looking forward to joining you western US folks on some adventures!
Hello Brian,

Welcome to OB! I love Xterras and saw a whole crew of them last year at Hollister Hills SVRA. Your rig looks a bit familiar, as I was in the bay area for a while. My vehicle is now in MA, but I go back there often. I am so sorry to hear about your rollover accident, but glad you are OK. That's the most important thing! I've seen one rollover there, but many close calls. I've spent a lot of time at Hollister, where did it occur? I saw one at Truck Hill. Scary!

Lots and lots of OB members in your neck of the woods!

Regards, David

Arlen

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver, Colorado
Member #

Hi Everybody (Overland Bounders?)!
I'm Arlen Ward, from Colorado. I drive a 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU and am often towing a 1967 M416 trailer around too. I've been off-roading since my first vehicle when I was 16 (er.. ahem... 27 years ago) along trails and out in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming. I have been overlanding since it was called car camping. :)

My day job is as a mechanical engineer for a medical device company in Boulder, and spend my non-overlanding time as a Scoutmaster for a Boy Scout Troop.

I get out and about through Colorado and the surrounding states, most of the time travelling with my fiancee Stephanie and sometimes the kids (11 and 14) or the dog (6 or 42 in dog years).

Our most recent trips have been out to Moab, the Badlands of South Dakota, Great Sand Dunes, a really fun trip to Yellowstone, the Tetons and a great loop of Wyoming, and a bunch of smaller trips around Colorado. Our last trip was an end-of-year traverse of the Mojave Road. Good time!

I am now official, being OB#2910. I got two badges, one has been placed on the trailer, and the other will eventually make it on the Jeep, once it isn't covered in mud or snow.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to learning and sharing with a great community!
Arlen

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Hello Brian,

Welcome to OB! I love Xterras and saw a whole crew of them last year at Hollister Hills SVRA. Your rig looks a bit familiar, as I was in the bay area for a while. My vehicle is now in MA, but I go back there often. I am so sorry to hear about your rollover accident, but glad you are OK. That's the most important thing! I've seen one rollover there, but many close calls. I've spent a lot of time at Hollister, where did it occur? I saw one at Truck Hill. Scary!

Lots and lots of OB members in your neck of the woods!

Regards, David
Hi David,

The accident happened across the road in the Hudner area on Sidewinder. I had arrived a day early for a camping trip I organized with Club Frontier and was pre running some trails. The trail was narrow and soft and when I got to the top of several switchbacks, it collapsed. Fortunately, I reacted and turned into it, driving the truck down the 45' hill rather than rolling all the way to the bottom which would surely have been fatal. As I crossed the trail and went airborne, I threw my arms up in front of my face to deflect the air bags and avoid catching my arms in the steering wheel. The trucks front end dug in to the ground and went back end over then started tumbling into the ravine on a 70' slope. Luckily and by Gods grace, it landed on it's wheels and I was able to walk away with only bruises and small cuts. The truck was completely destroyed.

Here is where I landed and a couple shots of the damage....006.JPG
013.JPG 023.JPG

Thanks for your message!

Brian

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi David,

The accident happened across the road in the Hudner area on Sidewinder. I had arrived a day early for a camping trip I organized with Club Frontier and was pre running some trails. The trail was narrow and soft and when I got to the top of several switchbacks, it collapsed. Fortunately, I reacted and turned into it, driving the truck down the 45' hill rather than rolling all the way to the bottom which would surely have been fatal. As I crossed the trail and went airborne, I threw my arms up in front of my face to deflect the air bags and avoid catching my arms in the steering wheel. The trucks front end dug in to the ground and went back end over then started tumbling into the ravine on a 70' slope. Luckily and by Gods grace, it landed on it's wheels and I was able to walk away with only bruises and small cuts. The truck was completely destroyed.

Thanks for your message!

Brian
Hello Brian,

Thanks for posting the pictures, that's just crazy. But, as you said, thank GOD you were safe and not injured. I have been to Frank Raines park during the wet season and I will never do that again, it's just too muddy and scary.

Regards, David

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi Everybody (Overland Bounders?)!
I'm Arlen Ward, from Colorado. I drive a 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU and am often towing a 1967 M416 trailer around too. I've been off-roading since my first vehicle when I was 16 (er.. ahem... 27 years ago) along trails and out in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming. I have been overlanding since it was called car camping. :)

My day job is as a mechanical engineer for a medical device company in Boulder, and spend my non-overlanding time as a Scoutmaster for a Boy Scout Troop.

I get out and about through Colorado and the surrounding states, most of the time travelling with my fiancee Stephanie and sometimes the kids (11 and 14) or the dog (6 or 42 in dog years).

Our most recent trips have been out to Moab, the Badlands of South Dakota, Great Sand Dunes, a really fun trip to Yellowstone, the Tetons and a great loop of Wyoming, and a bunch of smaller trips around Colorado. Our last trip was an end-of-year traverse of the Mojave Road. Good time!

I am now official, being OB#2910. I got two badges, one has been placed on the trailer, and the other will eventually make it on the Jeep, once it isn't covered in mud or snow.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to learning and sharing with a great community!
Arlen
Welcome, Arlen!

Those are some amazing photos and looks like you have a great setup on the Jeep and trailer. Colorado is amazing - such a great place for overland travel. Looking forward to chatting with you in future posts.

Regards, David

Reactions: Arlen

JLynnJohnston

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Member #

Hello all!

-I'm new here, but hopefully you'll all be sick of me soon enough... :tonguewink: The name's Jeff!

Current vehicles: 2016 Chevy Colorado (Diesel, Quad Cab, 6ft bed), 2004 Kawasaki KLR650
Overland experience: Novice hub locker on 4 wheels. Intermediate adventurer on 2 wheels.

-We're a SofTopper, an AirBedz truck mattress, and two Action Packers into outfitting the new rig, but we've been having a BLAST so far. Got the new truck just in time to road trip our way out from San Luis Obispo, CA to Denver and back this past summer. Tried to get the lil beast as dirty as we could when the opportunity presented itself... The views are just better that way.

-Here's a morning wake-up outside of Zion NP, up on Gooseberry Mesa:

-Looking forward to learning a lot from the community here!

Love and rechargeable batteries,
=jeff