• HTML tutorial

glNH333

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Exeter, NH
Member #

Hi all,

Just officially became an OB member, waiting on my member number and emblem but I figured I'd make this post!

My name is Greg, and I'm from the Seacoast area (Exeter) in New Hampshire, USA. I'm fairly new to traditional overlanding, but not new to the outdoors, camping or anything in between. My SO and I try and spend most days doing something outside, we often try and bring our 3 year old along too. We hike often, and our favorite season is the winter. Been up Mount Washington a few times in the winter, and we just got back from a winter camping trip. Something about being outside when it's cold and nobody else wants to be has always been a favorite.

I recently purchased a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR in September. It's a fantastic truck and will hopefully be an awesome rig. We've already taken it on a few of our trips. It's pretty much stock right now (only @ 5500 miles on it so far) but some plans for the (hopefully near) future is:
  • Hard topper shell
  • Full roof rack
  • New wheels/tires
  • Simple lift (to fit the new tires and provide a better off-road ride)
  • Air Compressor install
  • Rock Sliders
  • Ham radio install
  • GPS mount
A lot of you have fantastic shelving and slide out set ups, that will be something I hope to do eventually. I still use my truck as, well, a truck and don't think I can completely commit just yet to a full time rig.

It seems like many members here share the same passions as me, looking forward to learning new things, sharing stories and maybe even tagging along on some trips.

Thank you,
Greg

hellachris

Rank IV
Launch Member

Benefactor

Renton, WA
Member #

IMG_0297.JPG Overland Bound member 0986 here. Purchased my badge back in March 2016 and have been following the Facebook, Instagram, and videos since. Thought I'd officially introduce myself to the greater goodness here :)

When I first joined, the badge was intended for my '91 Vanagon 2wd tintop "Hella" but it never made it on there. As luck would have it I purchased an '89 Vanagon Syncro Westfalia "Nova" in August and have been working to get it road-worthy and home to "OB-0986". You'd think it'd end there, but when I had to replace my daily driven X5 before Christmas, I opted to go with an '08 4Runner V8. Needless to say I'll need to purchase a 2nd badge for this rig.

1) Picture!
2) Location: Seattle, WA (Renton) & SF Bay Area
3) Rig: '89 Vanagon Syncro Westfalia "Nova" & '08 4Runner Limited V8 "Celestia"
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Very novice and willing to learn!

Reactions: Xcountry

Contributor I

Welcome!!! Can't wait to see some photos of your travels in Finland and Russia. I'm sure the terrain and trails are amazing.
Especially in Russia. Sorry to say, fire took everything... But driving former Finland, now Russia area is something else. No roads, no trails, just forest and swamps. Sure you can drive there with roads and some trails, we used them to get deep inside the russian wildernes.

Reactions: finlayforprez

Greg Galbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York, PA, USA
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Galbo
Member #

Hi! My name is Greg Galbo and I'm 20 years old living in western PA.

My rig is a 1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ. In my opinion the best value off road rig. However. Not many people overland XJs due to their smaller size but I think it is possible and I want to make it work!

My overland experience is minimal. I've been on one 3 day trip and a few weekend trips. I'm excited for more! Check out my build thread as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Especially in Russia. Sorry to say, fire took everything... But driving former Finland, now Russia area is something else. No roads, no trails, just forest and swamps. Sure you can drive there with roads and some trails, we used them to get deep inside the russian wildernes.
I would imagine you need quite an overland setup to get deep inside the Russian wilderness. That would be an amazing trip and only one in which I can dream.

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

Hello from Palm Harbor Florida, My name is Jim Stepkoski most people call me Step. I have been a Jeep and FJ guy for a long time. I have mostly been on some day trips but want to start doing weekend excursions and more. My knowledge of Overlanding is solid on the driving, overall mechanical, and terrain side. However, what I need on a rig for a few or more days on the trail is where I lack any experience.

My current Rig:
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - All sorts of goodies from bumpers that are ready for more equipment, Winch, Suspension, etc. Very capable for east coast wheeling

What I would like to gain from this forum is knowledge and experience. I want to take the family out and do some exploring for a weekend trip or more.

Thanks
STEP

Attachments

Patroldmax

Rank 0

Contributor I

Roselands Nsw Australia
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Yeah good thanks
G'day guys my names Chris I'm from Sydney Australia, I drive a 2013 Isuzu dmax and a 2001 GU patrol both 4x4, the dmax is basically stock at the moment and while I wanna say it'll stay that way I'm 90% sure thats a lie, the Patrol's bassically my offroad weapon has a 4" lift and 35" mud terrain tyres I'll put a pic of each up here and more pics in the members rides section when I get a chance my experience level I say would be between moderate and experianced . Look forward to chatting with you and checking out the forum FB_IMG_1481320123157.jpg 20161223_180358.jpg

Reactions: Rogue Beardsman

Inmused

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Victoria, Australia
Member #

G'day guys my names Chris I'm from Sydney Australia, I drive a 2013 Isuzu dmax and a 2001 GU patrol both 4x4, the dmax is basically stock at the moment and while I wanna say it'll stay that way I'm 90% sure thats a lie, the Patrol's bassically my offroad weapon has a 4" lift and 35" mud terrain tyres I'll put a pic of each up here and more pics in the members rides section when I get a chance my experience level I say would be between moderate and experianced . Look forward to chatting with you and checking out the forum View attachment 13005 View attachment 13004
Great to see another Aussie here.

Say hi in the Aussie Roll Call thread too.

Reactions: finlayforprez

Gare

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saskatoon, SK Canada
Member #

Hello everyone, just joined the forums, I received my OB emblem #2944 on Dec 23 2016. I am the second owner of a Jeep JK Wrangler Sahara Ed; previous owner had front and rear rock crawler bumpers installed, Eagle eye fogs and 2 spot lights; I added JW Speaker Evo II head lights; focal psv 165 component speakers to the front; and added jbl 651s to the rear, plus I swapped out the sub for a pioneer shallow mount subwoofer. I plan on sometime this year, upgrading my suspension and wheels to either a budget lift or 3" lift w 35 " tires.

Attachments

Reactions: Rogue Beardsman

GeneralJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Lahti, Finland
Member #

Hi all. I´m Pete from St Michel, Finland. I´m out of 4x4 right now, but looking for one. It is a bit differend here the 4x4 scene, mostly REALLY offroad between Finland and Russia. We do not have really remote places here, Russia has. As soon i have a new 4x4, i´ll put some info of it. I´ve been driving since 80´s, so i have some experience. 4 wheeling in the Middle- East and allover europe. Have a nice year 2017 and remember to smile. Pete
Hi Pete! Great to see that now I'm not the only one from Finland here :)
Cheers, Jari.

Butler419

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hi everyone,
New member (OB2696), I have a factory fresh 2017 Subaru Crosstrek... it's my daily driver but I have plans for my fab-happy husband to trick it out a little and give it some off road edge! For now I'm just thankful to have a capable vehicle to carry me through the New England weather.
Finlayforprez (David) is my brother-in-law and hooked me up with the sweet membership and emblems.
Best wishes to all for an excellent 2017!!

Christine
Butler419 (OB2696)

IMG_2341.JPGIMG_2351.JPGIMG_2348.JPG

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

I'm from Rhode Island. I drive a 2009 stock Nissan Xterra. I'm usually taking it to New Hampshire and Maine to hike our 4000 footer peaks. So gravel, mud, snow is about as much off roading as I see up here :) Would love to have something other than a rental when I visit Arizona and drive up to Zion, Bryce and the Grand Canyon.
Woo another X!
Theres an Xterra Registry on here if you haven't seen it yet. Xterra Registry

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/Xterra-Registry.3661/&share_tid=3661&share_fid=1030797&share_type=t

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi everyone,
New member (OB2696), I have a factory fresh 2017 Subaru Crosstrek... it's my daily driver but I have plans for my fab-happy husband to trick it out a little and give it some off road edge! For now I'm just thankful to have a capable vehicle to carry me through the New England weather.
Finlayforprez (David) is my brother-in-law and hooked me up with the sweet membership and emblems.
Best wishes to all for an excellent 2017!!

Christine
Butler419 (OB2696)

Welcome, Christine! It's awesome having my sister-in-law in the midst of the Overland Bound family! :laughing:

Reactions: Butler419

Desertsand

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Alameda
Afternoon All,

I'm currently located in Cape Canaveral, FL. My overlanding experience is pretty slim. Have been on a few offroad trips but not to may overnight trips into the wilderness. Look forward to learning and sharing routes.

Current planing a cross country trip this summer, if there are any hidden gems you can think of please let me know.

Rig 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4x4.

Attachments

Fionn McWilliam

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Annisquam, Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
Fionn
Last Name
McWilliam
Member #

Afternoon All,

I'm currently located in Cape Canaveral, FL. My overlanding experience is pretty slim. Have been on a few offroad trips but not to may overnight trips into the wilderness. Look forward to learning and sharing routes.

Current planing a cross country trip this summer, if there are any hidden gems you can think of please let me know.

Rig 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4x4.
Really like the pho to

Loup407

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fruita, CO, USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Patterson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LHP
Hi, All.
Rigs: 2008 EarthRoamer and 2008 FJ Cruiser
Experience: Have been wheeling since I got my drivers license in 1972. Overlanding longer.

We sold our house and have been traveling around the West in the 'roamer five months into it now. Currently in the Mojave desert, heading toward the coast.