Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Hello Overlanders,

I am so glad that I found this group. Adventure is part of my DNA. Growing up I was always off riding my bike and exploring. Apparently, a hobby which I have never outgrown. Here in Michigan, the mountain biking trails are AWESOME and I want to explore more. With some backcountry bike races coming up, I've decided to turn my 2013 Dodge Durango RT into my Adventure rig. She's a little low to the ground so I have to be careful where I go, but I have other toys for the gnarly stuff.

Recently returned from playing in Moab, Utah. Heading to the Yoop (upper peninsula of Michigan). Hope to meet you on the trails.

Karen
Welcome! YES - Life is an Adventure! Must make the most of it...

awizemann

Rank I

Contributor III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Wizemann
Hey Overland Bound! Just getting into this adventure and I am a total novice. I'm Alan, currently building out a 2005 Land Rover LR3 for multi-day trips. Located in Palos Verdes, Los Angeles, CA. I am about 4 weeks away from having a fully capable vehicle for my first overland trip. Most likely will join the Southern California Rover Club's next outing, but also looking for others in the area.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello
New to overland bound
Clovis California
Honda Odyssey/Audi q5
New to camping/overland bound
I did east to west one trip, north to south few trips, also Clovis to Vancouver, whistler - Banff- Jasper- Yellowstone - 3 weeks drip once
Next bucket list trips are - Baja California and Alaska trip
Hello Manu, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings from #30286 here in San Diego (El Cajon). Long time camper, motorcyclist (dual sport) and mountain biker but new to overlanding. Really excited to join the community and get out on some adventures. Went to Merus Adventure park with E3 Overland and had a blast even though it snowed over Easter break. Let’s go, I’m hungry for the next journey.

View attachment 234835
Hello Gabriel, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Overlanders,

I am so glad that I found this group. Adventure is part of my DNA. Growing up I was always off riding my bike and exploring. Apparently, a hobby which I have never outgrown. Here in Michigan, the mountain biking trails are AWESOME and I want to explore more. With some backcountry bike races coming up, I've decided to turn my 2013 Dodge Durango RT into my Adventure rig. She's a little low to the ground so I have to be careful where I go, but I have other toys for the gnarly stuff.

Recently returned from playing in Moab, Utah. Heading to the Yoop (upper peninsula of Michigan). Hope to meet you on the trails.

Karen
Hello Karen, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey Overland Bound! Just getting into this adventure and I am a total novice. I'm Alan, currently building out a 2005 Land Rover LR3 for multi-day trips. Located in Palos Verdes, Los Angeles, CA. I am about 4 weeks away from having a fully capable vehicle for my first overland trip. Most likely will join the Southern California Rover Club's next outing, but also looking for others in the area.
Hello Alan, welcome to the OB family.

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Welcome! Enjoy the ride, it can be quite the adventure...

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Alan, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Alan,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Alan
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Alan
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Timmurz

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Parker
Member #

My name is Tyler.

1) Birmingham, AL
2) 100 series Land Cruiser. Recently bought it from my dad who bought it new in 2003.
3) I am new to off roading and I look forward to building up my land cruiser. I am a pretty avid cyclist (mtn & road), so I look forward to building a good camping vehicle that I can drive around the southeast to camp and cycle.

Glad to be apart of OB as it will be a good resource for me to learn from experienced overlanders.
Welcome Tyler!

Timmurz

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2015 4Runner Trail
Previous Vehicle: 2005 Subaru Forester XT
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I've always been an outdoor type of person and love traveling, camping, and exploring new places. I'm also an automotive enthusiast and enjoy modifying vehicles, whether it be 4 wheels, 2 wheels, racing, or offroading. Overlanding is a great combination of those two passions and I've been hooked ever since.
Welcome!

Timmurz

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Hey, I'm MamaBear! (wife of Stringtwelve, I know, be jealous)

Rig: 2014 Trail Edition 4Runner
Experience: Beginner, co-pilot to Stringtwelve

I'm also a Mama to a 2 year old. Looking to enhance the overlanding experience to include families into the fun! Looking forward to sharing my experience and advice into new overlanding families here on overlandbound.com.
Welcome mama bear!