Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Parker
Member #

My apologies, I have been blowing up the forums and never introduced myself. I'm Murphy

1) Location: San Diego CA,
2) 2015 4x2 Jeep Patriot.S. 2.4L SFI
3) Overlanding Experience Background: Always been a big camper with my scout troop before moving to the States. I upgraded from a Toyota corolla in may and have since explored more of the southern area of the Cleveland National Forest here in Southern CA. Experience as a camper, i'd say moderate, as someone with an overland rig...novice. Hoping to change that with a lift, new tires/wheels, and some engine upgrades.
Welcome!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey Overland Bound! Just getting into this adventure and I am a total novice. I'm Alan, currently building out a 2005 Land Rover LR3 for multi-day trips. Located in Palos Verdes, Los Angeles, CA. I am about 4 weeks away from having a fully capable vehicle for my first overland trip. Most likely will join the Southern California Rover Club's next outing, but also looking for others in the area.
Welcome, from Arizona!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings from Mill City, OR. My name is Eric or I answer to TR8R to as that’s what I’ve named the rig. If you’re a Star Wars fan you’ll get it. I used to trail a lot back in the day before kids and now that they’re grown I’m back at it with my brother. We both roll lifted 22 Subi CrossTreks. I took it one step further and tow an off road ready little teardrop. Admittedly I haven’t worked up the gnads to trail it yet. We’ll get there. For now I’m all setup to tent camp as we land also.

Im looking to find some new trails, meet some new friends and maybe get in with a group for adventures. I am joined by my lovely wife Tina and our fearless protector Oly (a mighty Shih Tzu he is)

I am a Combat Vet of the 101st Airborne and served with the ORSDF as an E6. I’ve got survival and prep in my blood.

Enjoy the pics. These are from this last weekend up near Summit/Crescent Lakes.View attachment 234478View attachment 234479View attachment 234480View attachment 234481
Greetings Eric, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello
New to overland bound
Clovis California
Honda Odyssey/Audi q5
New to camping/overland bound
I did east to west one trip, north to south few trips, also Clovis to Vancouver, whistler - Banff- Jasper- Yellowstone - 3 weeks drip once
Next bucket list trips are - Baja California and Alaska trip
Greetings Manu, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings from #30286 here in San Diego (El Cajon). Long time camper, motorcyclist (dual sport) and mountain biker but new to overlanding. Really excited to join the community and get out on some adventures. Went to Merus Adventure park with E3 Overland and had a blast even though it snowed over Easter break. Let’s go, I’m hungry for the next journey.

View attachment 234835
Greetings Gabriel, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Overlanders,

I am so glad that I found this group. Adventure is part of my DNA. Growing up I was always off riding my bike and exploring. Apparently, a hobby which I have never outgrown. Here in Michigan, the mountain biking trails are AWESOME and I want to explore more. With some backcountry bike races coming up, I've decided to turn my 2013 Dodge Durango RT into my Adventure rig. She's a little low to the ground so I have to be careful where I go, but I have other toys for the gnarly stuff.

Recently returned from playing in Moab, Utah. Heading to the Yoop (upper peninsula of Michigan). Hope to meet you on the trails.

Karen
Greetings Karen, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey Overland Bound! Just getting into this adventure and I am a total novice. I'm Alan, currently building out a 2005 Land Rover LR3 for multi-day trips. Located in Palos Verdes, Los Angeles, CA. I am about 4 weeks away from having a fully capable vehicle for my first overland trip. Most likely will join the Southern California Rover Club's next outing, but also looking for others in the area.
Greetings Alan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Zebra

Rank I

Contributor III

The Netherlands
First Name
Sander
Last Name
Vangeffen
Hi all, Joined the forum this weekend. Short introduction: I'm from The Netherlands and driving a Toyota Landcruiser 150. Have seen most countries in Europe where you can leave the tarred roads had some good fun in Nambia and Marokko as well. This year considering to go to Tunisia if the safety situation permits. Also starting some preparations for longer jounreys in a couple of years from now outside Europe. Regards, Zebra

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi all, Joined the forum this weekend. Short introduction: I'm from The Netherlands and driving a Toyota Landcruiser 150. Have seen most countries in Europe where you can leave the tarred roads had some good fun in Nambia and Marokko as well. This year considering to go to Tunisia if the safety situation permits. Also starting some preparations for longer jounreys in a couple of years from now outside Europe. Regards, Zebra
Howdy and Welcome from Arizona, USA!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Sander
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello, My name is Jon and I am excited to be a part of the community.
Located in North Fortworth.
5 Gen 2019 4Runner, Base model Picture to come.
And Wife and I are Novice beginners.

Looking forward to meeting people near us and heading out on some trails.
Hello, and Welcome from Arizona!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Sander, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Jon, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Jon
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Hey Zebra,

do post some photos. We always like to see new rigs.
Safe travels mate!

beckerbunch

Rank 0

Contributor II

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Becker
Ben Becker
Knoxville, TN
My wife and I have a stock 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited we are going to turn into our overland rig. We absolutely love the outdoors no matter what we’re doing and think that our family will enjoy and benefit from getting into over landing! I’m pretty mechanically inclined but definitely would love some advice on where to start and the basics with first things to upgrade on the jeep. Thank y’all in advance.