Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Ben Becker
Knoxville, TN
My wife and I have a stock 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited we are going to turn into our overland rig. We absolutely love the outdoors no matter what we’re doing and think that our family will enjoy and benefit from getting into over landing! I’m pretty mechanically inclined but definitely would love some advice on where to start and the basics with first things to upgrade on the jeep. Thank y’all in advance.
Hallo Ben
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Ben Becker
Knoxville, TN
My wife and I have a stock 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited we are going to turn into our overland rig. We absolutely love the outdoors no matter what we’re doing and think that our family will enjoy and benefit from getting into over landing! I’m pretty mechanically inclined but definitely would love some advice on where to start and the basics with first things to upgrade on the jeep. Thank y’all in advance.
Hi Ben,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi all, Joined the forum this weekend. Short introduction: I'm from The Netherlands and driving a Toyota Landcruiser 150. Have seen most countries in Europe where you can leave the tarred roads had some good fun in Nambia and Marokko as well. This year considering to go to Tunisia if the safety situation permits. Also starting some preparations for longer jounreys in a couple of years from now outside Europe. Regards, Zebra
Hi Sander,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Take a look at the Rally Points for planned events in Europe and meetup with OB members and join if you like. There you can filter by region. The Netherlands belongs to MidEurope. We had several awesome meetups in the past and more meetups are already planned for the futre. We also do a virtual campfire every 14 days which will start again by end of the summer/ autumn when people are back from their trips. There is also a subforum for Europe here.

If you have any further questions I am happy to help. Just shoot me a message.

Greetings,
Bjoern

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi all, Joined the forum this weekend. Short introduction: I'm from The Netherlands and driving a Toyota Landcruiser 150. Have seen most countries in Europe where you can leave the tarred roads had some good fun in Nambia and Marokko as well. This year considering to go to Tunisia if the safety situation permits. Also starting some preparations for longer jounreys in a couple of years from now outside Europe. Regards, Zebra
Greetings Sander, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello, My name is Jon and I am excited to be a part of the community.
Located in North Fortworth.
5 Gen 2019 4Runner, Base model Picture to come.
And Wife and I are Novice beginners.

Looking forward to meeting people near us and heading out on some trails.
Greetings Jon, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: ZRex and Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Ben Becker
Knoxville, TN
Greetings Ben, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: ZRex and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Ben Becker
Knoxville, TN
Hello Ben, welcome to Overland Bound.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Ben Becker
Knoxville, TN
Welcome from Arizona!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Ben Becker
Knoxville, TN
Hey Ben! Welcome to OB, from Johnson City, just up the road.

Be sure to come see us in the TN forum, we hope to see you out and about soon!

Mike

CHALLAFORNIA

Rank I

Contributor II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
challen
Last Name
Car
Hey Everyone,

My name is Challen and I'm located in SoCal. I currently have an 06 Ford F-150 FX4.

I'm an avid camper but new to overlanding and I welcome all tips and advice. My plan is to start camping more in the forest at yellow post sites in Big bear and branch out from there.

I haven't really done any mods to the truck and don't plan to do to many unless really needed. Not sure if a roof top tent is for me and will just use the ground tent i have. I did just pick up a 12v fridge for the truck and currently trying to configure it in the back seat of my truck.

I'm sure you will see a lot of posts from asking about all kinds of upgrades, tips and tricks, etc...

looking forward to chatting with the community.

Thanks

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey Everyone,

My name is Challen and I'm located in SoCal. I currently have an 06 Ford F-150 FX4.

I'm an avid camper but new to overlanding and I welcome all tips and advice. My plan is to start camping more in the forest at yellow post sites in Big bear and branch out from there.

I haven't really done any mods to the truck and don't plan to do to many unless really needed. Not sure if a roof top tent is for me and will just use the ground tent i have. I did just pick up a 12v fridge for the truck and currently trying to configure it in the back seat of my truck.

I'm sure you will see a lot of posts from asking about all kinds of upgrades, tips and tricks, etc...

Thanks
Hallo Challen
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey Everyone,

Thanks
Howdy, and Welcome from Arizona!

LILFEAR1

Rank I

Contributor III

Jacksonville, FL, USA
First Name
Heath
Last Name
Dedman
Hi everyone,
We are not new to Jacksonville, but we are new to "overlanding" especially in FL. I grew up camping in the Pacific Northwest (Washington State and Montana), she is not here right now as I am writing this but she has done a bunch of camping as well...we are wanting to get into overlanding. We have a 2015 Tundra SR5 lifted and stuff...will post pictures here...we want to go overlanding with other people. The tundra has a 7" lift on 37's too bad the previous owner didnt regear it so we get garbage MPG but we can't have it all can we lol. We live near Baldwin on 3.5 acres and we just want to get out, meet people and hangout "camping/overlanding"

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi everyone,
We are not new to Jacksonville, but we are new to "overlanding" especially in FL. I grew up camping in the Pacific Northwest (Washington State and Montana), she is not here right now as I am writing this but she has done a bunch of camping as well...we are wanting to get into overlanding. We have a 2015 Tundra SR5 lifted and stuff...will post pictures here...we want to go overlanding with other people. The tundra has a 7" lift on 37's too bad the previous owner didnt regear it so we get garbage MPG but we can't have it all can we lol. We live near Baldwin on 3.5 acres and we just want to get out, meet people and hangout "camping/overlanding"
Howdy and Welcome from Arizona!

Fun2see_island

Rank II

Contributor III

Mountain House, San Joaquin County, California, United States
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Amo
Member #

How's it going everyone. I'm a new member and started my overlanding adventures last year with a trip to Death Valley and now I'm hooked. It's a way to get out and explore with my family and friends and can't wait to go on many new adventures.

Rigs: 2001 4Runner, 4WD
2001 4Runner, 2WD

Attachments

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
How's it going everyone. I'm a new member and started my overlanding adventures last year with a trip to Death Valley and now I'm hooked. It's a way to get out and explore with my family and friends and can't wait to go on many new adventures.

Rigs: 2001 4Runner, 4WD
2001 4Runner, 2WD
Welcome to the forum. A lot of members here in the california area that hold meetups.

Fun2see_island

Rank II

Contributor III

Mountain House, San Joaquin County, California, United States
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Amo
Member #

Welcome to the forum. A lot of members here in the california area that hold meetups.
Thanks man... that'd be awesome to go to some meetups and expand my network of people who enjoy the outdoors... plus seeing other people's rigs is always fun.