DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey guys, new member here but not new to Overlanding. My name is Rex Royer and I live in SouthWest Louisiana. I have a 2017 Jeep JKU and absolutely love to travel both domestically and internationally. Looking forward to being a member of this group. My wife and I usually take 3 to 4 trips a year in the surrounding states as far away as Utah and Colorado. I am merely the navigator and the wife is the driver and she loves learning all there is to know about driving.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello! Excited to see what this group has to offer! Looking to get out here in a couple weeks in Southern Missouri/northern Arkansas! Any neat spots to check out/camp? Thanks in advance!

Rig: 2005 Land Rover LR3

Experience: Amateur
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey all. Glad to be here. After getting my midlife crisis 2021 JLU RUBICON ecodiesel after my gf totaled my FJ CRUISER, (I know, I should have went for the 392 given the midlife statement)

After watching a ton of YouTube since getting this thing, we are looking to get out there on the trails. That’d be ~450 miles west of Idaho.
I’d consider myself a new to overlanding but have rode along w my parents doing this years upon years ago in Wyoming as a kid w a ton of camping in between then and now.
Welcome from Arizona!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello everyone!
Just joined up and glad to be here! Mostly drive off road to get to trout streams but am looking forward to doing some more extensive travel especially in the US Southwest as my folks live in Santa Fe NM.
1. 2020 LR Defender 110 with a couple small mods. Looking to do more.
2. Live in Minneapolis MN
3. Always looking to wet a fly line
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello Everyone! I am finally in a position to start my 2008 FJ cruiser Overland build! I've owned her since she had only 6 miles, and now at 130k its time for some upgrades! Im doing a 3 1/2 in. lift, front and rear bumpers, skid plates and rock rails, warn 10k winch, 34" tires, roof rack, rooftop tent, 270 awning. I already have a Dometic CFX75 DZ that i want to incorporate along with a Bluetti ac200p power station and 350 watt folding solar panel. I dont want to build a battery system just yet and want to keep it mobile for now.

I am currently fixing any rust and giving her a raptor coat paint job for some durability, looking to have it done for a trip to Colorado June 1st. If anyone has suggestions about setting up the cargo area in an FJ im all ears! Also want to add some smaller lights around.

Look forward to meeting everyone ! Happy Trails!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi Everybody!

New guy here but also not. Used to be a member a few years ago but for the life I me can't remember my login!

Not new to the great outdoors. Bushcraft, overlanding, solo canoe tripping, minimalist remote comping, hiking, and bacon. Lots of bacon. And coffee.

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello! Prior rock crawler here. Wife and I now looking to overland, hike, camp and whatever else outdoors. Recently purchased ‘21 Unlimited Rubicon XR as our rig. Based out of Houston, TX area.

Thought we wanted to overland and after recent trip to Big Bend NP we agreed we were right. Can’t wait to learn and hear others adventures.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello from Chattanooga!
Not sure I would call myself and overlander, but I love to camp in off the beaten track kinds of places so maybe I am. We have been using my wife's 2wd Renegade as our adventure vehicle for the last 3 years. Which with 3 of us and a dog is quite a feat. Getting all of our camping gear in there is not easy. That being said, we took a month long 4500 mile road trip from TN to Glacier NP and back last summer in it. camped 18 out of 30 days. It was amazing, but stressful come pack up time. That prompted me to figure out something better.

I bought a RTT and built a trailer to tow behind it, but it became very obvious that the Renegade was not the right vehicle for this. So I started to look for a more capable tow vehicle. I know I know, NOT the time to do this. But I lucked into a really sweet 08 Tacoma SR5 DCLB 4x4 with 163,xxx and a bunch of upgrades for around $15K ( I think that is a great deal in this market)and I jumped on it. Here she is:
View attachment 226165
Upgrades include: Aftermarket exhaust, k&N filter, 17" 4 runner wheels, add a leaf rear suspension, updated LED headlights and foglights, aftermarket Alpine radio, weathertech floor mats. I am sure I am missing a few. Have no plans on doing many more upgrades. Don't have plans to do much serious off-roading other than forrest service roads and some minor stuff.

Here is the trailer I built from a ragged out old 4x6 carry-on.

View attachment 226166
We just took it out for it's maiden voyage a couple weeks ago, plan on getting out for 3 days this weekend. So far it has performed very well.
My goal with the trailer is to take some of the stress out of camping. It used to be me the night before trying to shoehorn everything into the Renegade. Now everything lives in the trailer and is ready to go. Grab some clothes, swing by the grocery store and we are out. If you want more info on trailer build I have a write up here.
It is still a work in progress.

Also, wanting to do an easily removable buildout in the back of the truck for those times that we don't need or can't bring the trailer. Wife and I in back of truck, 10 yo son and dog in back seat. Going to do a platform with a kitchen slider and storage underneath.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello I'm Travis from East Tennessee. Yep I live in the great smokey Mountains and Blue Ridge mountains. And live close to the Appalachian Trail. I do alot of hiking and venturing. I don't have a rig yet, but that will change soon!
I'm a tower climber by trade, so I travel all over.
First aid/cpr certified
Rigging certified
Rescue climber certified

If you need help and I'm in the area don't hesitate to ask!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi! I'm Sarah. My adventure vehicle is Beatrice (Bea). She's a 2014 Nissan Xterra. We're hoping to get a lot of miles and adventure in this year. I joined Overland Bound in hopes of discovering places to camp. I'm @Oregon.xterra on Instagram.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi. Alex from NJ here. Just signed up. Interested in learning more about overlanding. Currently own 2003 Toyota Sequoia which I am going to turn into a very mild camping/fishing/exploring rig. I have been camping for years but no real overlanding experience.
Welcome from Arizona!

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

Hi, I’m Zac. Currently stationed in Southern Maryland. Have been car camping to hunt for a couple years now but want to get into it more not just for hunting. Want to get the family and kids outside more. I’ve got a 2003 Honda CRV AWD. I know it’s nothing fancy but it’s been fun for me so far and plan to run it until it dies. Just hit 245k with no signs of stopping, it’s been a great little vehicle. Looking forward to learning as much as possible here.
Welcome to the group, nose around a bit jump ito some conversations and head to the rally points to see if any trips or meet ups are in your area.

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

Hello
My name is Jose Manuel (JM)
nice to be able to participate in the forum

1) Picture! / a month ago the rig and the lake (laja)
2) Location / Concepción. Chile
3) 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser RJ70 (1KZ swap)
4) Overlanding Experience Background / novice!
Welcome to the group, that’s a fantastic photo and nice rig