DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello! I am new to the group and this looks like an awesome community to be a part of. I'm located in Acton, Los Angeles County and I look forward to meeting up with some members, check out their rigs and plan some trips. My next big adventure is going back to Baja to see the whales in February. We have a 2006 F-350 CCLB.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello everyone

I'm new to overlanding/off-roading activities but not to the outdoor. I love fishing, hiking and camping. Recently purchase a Bronco Sport Badlands and started make some modification so I can enjoy some overlanding.
I joined the forum to get some inside on the community and the dos and don'ts. Looking forward to interact with some of you and maybe in the near future share trip. Thank you
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Greetings from The Queen City (Charlotte) North Carolina!

I am originally from the Bay Area of CA and moved out East over the past 8 years. Lived in KY, East TN, and now in NC. I do miss CA and plan on doing adventures and head back out west to explore.

I have been wanting a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for ever and finally I jumped on a JLUR 4XE! One month owner of it so far and I have code named it H!VLTG.

I am a novice to over landing and getting started and expanding my knowledge here.

Planning a trip for a short 2 day trip with my son for Father’s Day weekend.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
View attachment 232202
2) Space Coast Florida.
3) 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Pretty loud color, but I live near the beach in Florida and hey my first car was a Clementine Orange VW bug.
4) Recovering RV’r. Still love backpacking. The only off-roading I’ve experienced were gravel National Forest roads in my 2wd VWs. But I am ready to learn about getting into more off roading than I am familiar with! I just like being in the woods!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello every one!

A little about myself.
2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Located in Goodyear AZ
Novice to overlanding but have been trying to learn as much as I can virtually. Ready to get out on the trails with some likeminded people that I can learn from and share an adventure or two.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello ya'll. I have been a closet OB member for a little while but now have some more time and energy to do fun things like overlanding.

I love backpacking and camping, but never have I really done anything with overlanding, some off-road trails and long haul roadtrips. That is the sum of my experience. I am currently working on building out a '96 Fzj80 LandGoat and look forward to putting it to use.

I am super excited to read up on all these articles and forums, the mass amount of experience and knowledge that can be gleaned from them seems endless LOL.

1. I don't know what I am doing. And I would like to figure that out.
2. I would like to be able to contribute to keeping our lands clean and available so I would be interested in learning about volunteer activities hosted by the community.
3. I used to teach first-responders, CPR, and was once an EMT. (certs well gone by now.). I would love to learn about what kind of classes or groups specialize in firt-aid to learn more and refresh old skills :).

I am located in Salt Lake City, UT. Hope I get to meet some of you folks in the future!

Cheers,
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi All. What a great organization. Excited to get my vehicle after a year long wait, I am semi-retired, "mid aged" lady who grew up in the desert. Recently, Moab was an energy charged thrill at the March Bronco OffRoadeo driving experience. Rock climbing is so much easier from the 60/70s! Cold and mud are a whole new thing to me here in SouthEast WA. I am taking my basic truck and tent to the Bend, OR Expo the weekend of 7/8. Then I will know more and be equipped to head out on the first journey.
Hello, and Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hows it going everyone? New guy here:
Rig: 2008 Chevy Trailblazer (STOCK) Searching for new rig (not sure its the best)
Experience: Novice
Why overlanding: Love the outdoors, enjoying camping, and its time for new adventures!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Ginny- Fulton Mo, running 14 rubicon, have couple years wheel time crawling, but fell in love with the adventures and journeys overlanding brings. Life's not about where you get to, it's the experience, lessons, and enjoyment along the way. Sancho is my rig, still stock for now. He has done amazing so far and has been apart of so many wonderful memories!!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi, I am Walker, from Cave Creek, AZ (just a wee bit north of Phoenix). I have a 1967 Scout that has been in the family since 1967. I have owned it for 20 years, and it was my first foray into four wheels drives. I also have a 3/4 ton Silverado that is my work truck, but frequently doubles as my weekender.

My overlanding is a little different than most, as I have a 5 acre parcel in the middle of the forest in the Bradshaw Mountains near Crown King Az. It is very remote, 4wd only access. We generally set up a wall tent and shade tents and have them up until fall. The hotter it gets in Phoenix, the more time we spend at the camp. We built an outhouse and have a natures head in it, and have job boxes on site for storage of stove, bedding, etc. I also generally have power generation available, but surprisingly use very little once at camp.
Welcome from Sierra Vista!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi all! New on here but not new to overlanding. Ive been doing it for years in various forms from Bicycles, Motorbikes, Jeeps and lately RVs. The wife and I are selling our RV and going back to a simpler set up. It will be based out of the 2018 Tundra Double Cab SR5 TRD offroad that I just picked up. Truck is currently stock other than canopy, running boards and tires. We will use our large and comfy tent or truck just depends on what we are doing and how long we are planning to stay in a location.
Welcome from Arizona, USA!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello, I’m Clay, and newly retired. I have set up a Honda Ridgeline with a Roofnest. It took some research to make it all come together. I will install the RTT tomorrow and take it on a shake out trip to Itasca State Park next week. I will upload pictures next week.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey all, new member here. Ive had a couple of jeeps over the years but have been out of the off road/overlanding scene for about 20 years. just bought a new jeep and am looking forward to get back into some fun with it. I consider myself a beginner and am all ears on whats out there from equiping the jeep, to off road tips and tricks, too places to go. I am in the southern california region and hope to see you all out on the trails.
Welcome from Arizona!