Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canonsburg PA, USA
First Name
Val
Last Name
Valiente
Member #

Hi everybody, I'm new here, I've been overlanding for a couple years already, I went to the Overland East Expo this year and ever since then I've been wanting to be a part of an Overland Group to share information about trips and meet new people. I live in Canonsburg PA (South west of Pittsburgh). I drive a Tacoma which I am still modifying for off roading .

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hi everybody, I'm new here, I've been overlanding for a couple years already, I went to the Overland East Expo this year and ever since then I've been wanting to be a part of an Overland Group to share information about trips and meet new people. I live in Canonsburg PA (South west of Pittsburgh). I drive a Tacoma which I am still modifying for off roading .
Welcome! Always nice to see another new member from Pennsyltucky.

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Hello all,

New member here. Based out of AZ

Had a 2013 FJ cruiser TT and sold it for a 2016 4Runner TE.

Starting the upgrades now! Hope to keep a reliable and functional daily driver, but also make an overland rig with improved off road and snow capability in the near future.

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello all,

New member here. Based out of AZ

Had a 2013 FJ cruiser TT and sold it for a 2016 4Runner TE.

Starting the upgrades now! Hope to keep a reliable and functional daily driver, but also make an overland rig with improved off road and snow capability in the near future.
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing photos of your new 4Runner.

Reactions: Overland Dave

mechman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redcar - North East England
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Millar
Member #

Hi Guys. I'm Rob, a new member from Cleveland in the UK! yup we have one too :)
I drive this Disco 2 you can see in my avatar. I have some big plans for the Disco in terms of kiting her out. We have a trip to Morocco planned for late next year and we are also looking at a trip around the Wilderness Trail in the Arctic Circle too.

Tom Burnet

Rank VI
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rhyl, Denbighshire, Wales, United Kingdom
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

Hi Guys. I'm Rob, a new member from Cleveland in the UK! yup we have one too :)
I drive this Disco 2 you can see in my avatar. I have some big plans for the Disco in terms of kiting her out. We have a trip to Morocco planned for late next year and we are also looking at a trip around the Wilderness Trail in the Arctic Circle too.
If your ever passing north wales, give me a shout! Fellow Disco driver & UK based [emoji5]

Reactions: The_Just and Zargon

Fionn McWilliam

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Annisquam, Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
Fionn
Last Name
McWilliam
Member #

Rig: 2005 Toyota Tacoma four-door short bed
Experience: none just got my license a couple of months ago

I'm 19. just finishing up School and I am a photographer I've been all around England France and Germany but hardly know anything about the country I've been living in most of my life. It seems that over land would be Great for my love of outdoors and some more experience for photography. I am planning a trip starting this summer around America and as far as my truck will let me.

My rig has no modifications and I have no photos of it yet.
But will upload photos as soon as I get some good ones

Last edited:

TDGarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, CA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Detch
Member #

Rig - 2016 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Experience - Experienced...been offroading before Overlanding was a thing. Started in 2000 and have gone through about 14 trucks in that time. I decided I wanted a truck that had a balance between my needs for camping and a truck that can pretty much do any trail out west including the Rubicon and Dusy without stacking or a spotter.
Location - Morgan Hill, California

Here are some of the upgrades done...
37" Goodyear MTR
Metalcloak 3.5" gamechanger suspension
HD steering
Poison Spyder front and rear bumper
Full Rubicon Express armor underneath
Poison Spyder Rocker guards (not in this picture)
James Baroud RTT
ARB fridge
Front Runner rack
Front Runner shelf
Front Runner sliding tray
Rock crawler LED lights
Rigid Dueler and D2 lights
Rigid 10" combo
Warn Platinum 10S winch
SPOD
Rhino Awning
JW Speaker headlights
front and rear cameras
probably forgetting a few things....

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I'm 19. just finishing up School and I am a photographer I've been all around England France and Germany but hardly know anything about the country I've been living in most of my life. It seems that over land would be Great for my love of outdoors and some more experience for photography. I am planning a trip starting this summer around America and as far as my truck will let me.

Howdy from MA as well! [emoji106]

BPaulin_

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Santa Ana, CA
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm Bruno, new member from Orange County, Southern California area.

2010 Toyota Tacoma, not much work has been done to the truck but enough to get me from point A to point B safely and comfortably.

Contributor I

Hi all. I´m Pete from St Michel, Finland. I´m out of 4x4 right now, but looking for one. It is a bit differend here the 4x4 scene, mostly REALLY offroad between Finland and Russia. We do not have really remote places here, Russia has. As soon i have a new 4x4, i´ll put some info of it. I´ve been driving since 80´s, so i have some experience. 4 wheeling in the Middle- East and allover europe. Have a nice year 2017 and remember to smile. Pete

Last edited:

amlnz

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi everyone,
I'm Allan from Christchurch, New Zealand. I currently don't have a rig (I just got rid of an '89 Nissan Safari) as i'm heading to Europe in April 2017 and want to save. Once i'm back i'll be buying and building up a new overlanding rig. I'm hoping to get an 80 Series LandCruiser.

Fionn McWilliam

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Annisquam, Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
Fionn
Last Name
McWilliam
Member #

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi all. I´m Pete from St Michel, Finland. I´m out of 4x4 right now, but looking for one. It is a bit differend here the 4x4 scene, mostly REALLY offroad between Finland and Russia. We do not have really remote places here, Russia has. As soon i have a new 4x4, i´ll put some info of it. I´ve been driving since 80´s, so i have some experience. 4 wheeling in the Middle- East and allover europe. Have a nice year 2017 and remember to smile. Pete
Welcome!!! Can't wait to see some photos of your travels in Finland and Russia. I'm sure the terrain and trails are amazing.

Reactions: BPaulin_

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi everyone,
I'm Allan from Christchurch, New Zealand. I currently don't have a rig (I just got rid of an '89 Nissan Safari) as i'm heading to Europe in April 2017 and want to save. Once i'm back i'll be buying and building up a new overlanding rig. I'm hoping to get an 80 Series LandCruiser.
Welcome, Allan! Looking forward to seeing your new rig when you get it down the line.

Martynas

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lithuania,Tauragė
Member #

Greetings from Lithuania, my name is Martynas today i got my emblem 2811 i am very exited, and my subaru is not redy for action yet, but i alredy have ordered some stuff. i like making movies so i think i will make one about all progres and adventures.

Reactions: finlayforprez

Uboatcmdr

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey everybody!

My name is Connor, I'm from the great snowy north, Aka Calgary, Alberta ;)
I'm the founder of a Canadian distribution company catering to fleet and offroad vehicle equipment, with back ground in fabrication and welding engineering/inspection.

Currently my overland rig is a 2001 Jeep XJ, I've only had it on a hand full of day trips, and one true overlanding trip. Consisting of 3 weeks living out of the jeep, which I had only owned for about 2 weeks before starting the journey haha.

Fairly Inexperienced "Overlander", but very experienced in offroading, camping, hunting, fishing, automotive work/modification, ect.

Here is the XJ.

This is my previous offroad rig, '91 YJ, 5.3L Vortec swap, 35's, Locked F/R, 15" frame and tub stretch, flat belly skid, custom cage, highline fenders, ect.
Quite the fun vehicle, but I wanted something more overland friendly. Mainly needed more enclosed storage, and something that didnt require earplugs on the hwy,

The future plan is to turn the XJ into a more dedicated offroad vehicle, that can still comfortably drive on the street. Then build a 6.7 Ford F350 overlanding rig capable of light/medium duty offroading ( where it fits atleast haha) while maintaining great road manners and towing capability.