Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 12228 Hello,

Just joined Overland Bound. My membership package was shipped today so I guess I'll find which member # I will be soon.

Seattle local. Love the outdoors, mostly fishing, camping and outdoor sport shooting. Picked up my 4Runner back in 2014 with no intentions of modifying it, but plans certainly changed. This is my first 4x4 BOF vehicle. I came from a past of driving small sporty sedans and coupes. The Toyota is certainly a lot more fun knowing that I can actually through almost everything and not worry about a little nick or scratch on the wheel or paint.

2014 4Runner SR5 Premium
That's an awesome 4Runner! Welcome!

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Hello Everyone from OB #dontknowyetbutonway

I am a short time lurker here (1 day) and now we wait on UPS to deliver Cara and myself our member # and badges in support. It didn't take me long to see the wealth of info available here to get us pointed in the right direction. I cant wait to read the adventures and learn about gear, get some real experience camping tips, rig setup tips etc etc etc.

About us?
1) We are avid Offroaders in a '13 Jeep Rubicon with a few "amenities". Getting anywhere wont be a problem.
2) We are experienced but VERY rusty campers since it has been some years since camping in tent fashion.
3) Never combined both Offroad and Camping and that's why we are here to learn from all of you.

Looking forward to lots of good reads, good chats and good times... :grinning:

Our rig..."13 Rubicon under "more" construction for camping. Just finished DIY Roof Rack for RTT and gear.

diyjeeproofrack3.jpg cargo basket.jpg

Attachments

2infinity&beyond

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Livermore, CA
Member #

Another T4R member joining the ranks....

Overland Bound Member #2898....

Hail from the SF Bay Area, currently in the DEEP Eastbay.

Here is my rig...

It is a 2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with a few tweaks. Getting close to the end of the build, just a "few" more things to do. I really do need to get an up to date photo.

Link to the build is below...
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/71666-mikeys-build-thread.html

And I would say as for Overlanding I am a novice plus...really just getting into the exploring aspect versus just going on trail runs. Plus the wife likes to go on trips too!

Looking forward to meeting people and learning more about exploring from you all.

TomBod

Rank 0

Contributor I

West Yorkshire
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Bodenham
Hi guys,

Just a guy from the UK joining up as this seems an awesome thing to be a part of!

Not really done much over landing but looking to get into it in the not so distant future.. just camping here and there..

Here is my rig
defender.jpg

As you can tell my rig and DD is a Land Rover Defender 110, got so many plans for this but this is how it stands at the moment..
Don't see too many on here so glad to bring something different..

Some absolutely awesome rigs on here and looking forward to asking you guys on stuff.

Cheers.

Last edited:

EscoTerrestrial

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member
Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Hello everyone just joined OB n im very excited ive been following the overland bound community for about a yr now got into offroading about 2 1/2 yrs ago. Where to start....well since i can remember ive loved the freedom of the outdoors, ive been fortunate to have been able to travel which just made adventure more n more enticing almost something ive never wanted to give up. So about 2 yrs ago i got serious sold my 08 civic that i heavily customized, and got myself a 2015 toyota tacoma, after this purchase my better half, (gf) fell in love w it so we decided to double the effort n we hunted down a rare quicksand TRDpro 4runner. We havent looked back since. Now comes the fun part. I would love n e n all input i love learning new things and seeing others ingenuity and creative thoughts, i hope to learn alot n i will also share pics every step of the way. Many thnx to the overland bound crew, michael n corrie n to the overland bound community. Much love.

Member #2590
Long Island, NY

20161221_130400.jpg

20161212_000527.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Wolfman

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Yonash
Member #

Hey, guys and gals!

I just discovered Overland Bound and fell in love (lust?) immediately. I purchased my dream truck almost two years ago but am just getting into overlanding/off roading/etc. I am a complete and total n00b... though I'm hoping to change that soon enough.

Meet Vader, my 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road (on his first trip to Tahoe). There have been a few mods since this pic was taken. I'm hoping to start a build thread soon.

The_Just

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Tualatin OR
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location
Tualatin Oregon

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2013 Land Rover LR4
2011 Land Rover LR2
2013 Ford Raptor SVT
2002 Isuzu Trooper

4) Overlanding Experience Background
I've been stuck a few times. Interested in leaning how to avoid getting stuck. :-D

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

2) Location
Tualatin Oregon

2013 Land Rover LR4
2011 Land Rover LR2
2013 Ford Raptor SVT
2002 Isuzu Trooper

4) Overlanding Experience Background
I've been stuck a few times. Interested in leaning how to avoid getting stuck. :-D

Welcome!!! So great to see another LR4 on here and it sounds like you have some other great vehicles. I know you went over to my build thread, but looking forward to chatting more!

AndyH

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Warriewood NSW, Australia
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Hempsall
Member #

Hi recently joined from Sydney Aus.

1) Pic taken in the work car park sorry not very adventury (if that's a word).

Fairly standard at the moment apart from:
Rhino Rack and Pop top awning.
Uniden UHF
Have a set of Hella LED lights in the back waiting to be fitted
New tyres and 18's going on in the new year

2) Location (General area is fine)
Live in Northern Beaches Sydney
2005 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 - Still getting some mods done, but it's a great place to start.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Reasonable experience. But always new things to learn. The day you stop learning is the day you're dead

Overlanding Downunder

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Comollatti
Member #

G,Day Overland Bound

I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Colin. I am located on “The Tropic of Capricorn” in Rockhampton Queensland Australia.

I drive a 2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab 3 litre Turbo Diesel. You name the extras and it most likely has it, I went overboard setting up for a trip, may have listened to the wrong people/businesses. :blush:

Very much a Novice when it comes to Overlanding. I had done my first major Overland trip in June this year. I joined a 28 day Tagalong Tour group to The Cape York Peninsula Queensland Australia, nicknamed “The Tip”

I am now hoping to do some more Overlanding. But shorter and closer to home.

Last camp setup of the trip, at the Lions Den Hotel.
Swagman.jpg

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi recently joined from Sydney Aus.

1) Pic taken in the work car park sorry not very adventury (if that's a word).

Fairly standard at the moment apart from:
Rhino Rack and Pop top awning.
Uniden UHF
Have a set of Hella LED lights in the back waiting to be fitted
New tyres and 18's going on in the new year

Live in Northern Beaches Sydney
2005 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 - Still getting some mods done, but it's a great place to start.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Reasonable experience. But always new things to learn. The day you stop learning is the day you're dead
I love this RRS! I've seen a few built up and they are extremely capable and really look awesome. I follow the Green Oval guys and have bought a few things from Graham. Can't wait to see more photos and what you do! Welcome!

Reactions: lvivier and AndyH

Cannon

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Grovetown, GA
Member #

Augusta, GA

2005 4Runner- little lift, Demerol bumper, CB, on board air, and more

I have been off roading on and off for 11 years or so. I have had a few overloading excursions in the past, before I really knew what overloading was. We went on our fir "official" overloading trip a few months back.

Squatch Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Hopewell, TN
Member #

How's it going everybody? Merry Christmas! I'm here to introduce myself. Just opened my gift from my wife tonight to find that I am #2682. I've been wheeling on and off for close to 10 years now. I have probably my least-built rig at this point (had to sell off my last one for family reasons). I was more into rocks and rocks only in the past but have gotten into the overlanding scene the older I've gotten, and especially since we have a 2 year old now.

Located in Cleveland, TN and the current rig is a 1998 4Runner as seen below.

Xcountry

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SF Bay Area
Member #

Greetings! my name is Mike, i'm based out of sunny Las Vegas.
My current rig is a 2016 Jeep Patriot (yes yes, laugh it up) with the FD2 package (for the non-Jeepers, that package gives the Patriot it's trail-rated badge).
I am relatively new to the overlanding world, but I spent much of the past decade or so camping, backpacking, and other assorted outdoor activities. I discovered the mystical science of 4 wheel drive back in 2013, when I bought my first self-owned vehicle, and my current project vehicle ('98 Chevy K1500 Z71). I bought the Patriot because I missed going offroading, and what had been my daily ('02 Chevy 2500HD), was and is a work truck, 2wd, not really meant to go offroad. So, I pickup up the 'Riot, and have gone on a few short adventures already.
I'm active in several GM and Jeep forums, and i'm looking forward to being active in this one as well!
[/URL][/IMG]
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Baby Jeep Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ottawa
Member #

Just got my Badge, I love it.
I made the big mistake of buying my badge before creating an account. How do I link my membership number, badge number and account?
There is no option in the personal details section as suggested.