Walkers

Rank III

Advocate I

Cave Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Benn
Last Name
Quadineros
Hi, I am Walker, from Cave Creek, AZ (just a wee bit north of Phoenix). I have a 1967 Scout that has been in the family since 1967. I have owned it for 20 years, and it was my first foray into four wheels drives. I also have a 3/4 ton Silverado that is my work truck, but frequently doubles as my weekender.

My overlanding is a little different than most, as I have a 5 acre parcel in the middle of the forest in the Bradshaw Mountains near Crown King Az. It is very remote, 4wd only access. We generally set up a wall tent and shade tents and have them up until fall. The hotter it gets in Phoenix, the more time we spend at the camp. We built an outhouse and have a natures head in it, and have job boxes on site for storage of stove, bedding, etc. I also generally have power generation available, but surprisingly use very little once at camp.

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi, I am Walker, from Cave Creek, AZ (just a wee bit north of Phoenix). I have a 1967 Scout that has been in the family since 1967. I have owned it for 20 years, and it was my first foray into four wheels drives. I also have a 3/4 ton Silverado that is my work truck, but frequently doubles as my weekender.

My overlanding is a little different than most, as I have a 5 acre parcel in the middle of the forest in the Bradshaw Mountains near Crown King Az. It is very remote, 4wd only access. We generally set up a wall tent and shade tents and have them up until fall. The hotter it gets in Phoenix, the more time we spend at the camp. We built an outhouse and have a natures head in it, and have job boxes on site for storage of stove, bedding, etc. I also generally have power generation available, but surprisingly use very little once at camp.
Hallo Andy
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Walker

Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name isHello Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started

U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67

Map - Overland Bound

Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Walker,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That´s a nice rig. Enjoy.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

VSapp

Rank II

Contributor III

Fulton, MO, USA
First Name
Virginia
Last Name
Sapp
Ginny- Fulton Mo, running 14 rubicon, have couple years wheel time crawling, but fell in love with the adventures and journeys overlanding brings. Life's not about where you get to, it's the experience, lessons, and enjoyment along the way. Sancho is my rig, still stock for now. He has done amazing so far and has been apart of so many wonderful memories!!

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello, I’m Clay, and newly retired. I have set up a Honda Ridgeline with a Roofnest. It took some research to make it all come together. I will install the RTT tomorrow and take it on a shake out trip to Itasca State Park next week. I will upload pictures next week.
Hello Clay, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Walker, welcome to Overland Bound! Awesome rig!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Ginny- Fulton Mo, running 14 rubicon, have couple years wheel time crawling, but fell in love with the adventures and journeys overlanding brings. Life's not about where you get to, it's the experience, lessons, and enjoyment along the way. Sancho is my rig, still stock for now. He has done amazing so far and has been apart of so many wonderful memories!!
Hello Ginny, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Virginia
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Ginny,

Greetings from across the pond
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey folks,

I’m Ashli and I’ve been exploring offroad since 2018. I drive a 5th gen T4R limited with a few upgrades. I’m currently living in Utah and love it here.
Hi Ashli,

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Ginny
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden