Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m brand new to it all!!! Went looking for a used car to drive back and forth to work, and ended up with the beginnings of a touring rig. Oops.

I have an in progress 1997 Toyota landcruiser. Which diy videos sent me here.

I’ve got way more parts ordered than I would care to tell my wife, lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, roof rack, and I’m excited to share progress!
Welcome To Overland Bound
A great resource in TN is @Hank Outdoors
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Everyone, I look forwarding to gaining insight and knowledge from the group. My son and I have been camping for about a year. We are currently in Texas and have only camped in the state. Love what we've done so far but looking to branch out and cross state lines. We currently have a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro with an RTT. I take delivery of a Schutt XV2 in May to help up our game. Storage has been my primary issue and this should help. Very novice. Lots of questions. Thanks for having me!!!
View attachment 228608
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 228423
1) Picture of the truck as it sits waiting for larger tires.
2) Whittier, CA
3) 2019 F150 FX4. RRO Sliders, Full CBI Skid Plates, Coilover front suspension
4) I did a lot of off-roading, camping and backpacking as a teenager and through my twenties. Looking forward to getting back into it with my wife and children.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi Everybody!

New guy here but also not. Used to be a member a few years ago but for the life I me can't remember my login!

Not new to the great outdoors. Bushcraft, overlanding, solo canoe tripping, minimalist remote comping, hiking, and bacon. Lots of bacon. And coffee.

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Hello Tim, welcome back to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everyone! I am finally in a position to start my 2008 FJ cruiser Overland build! I've owned her since she had only 6 miles, and now at 130k its time for some upgrades! Im doing a 3 1/2 in. lift, front and rear bumpers, skid plates and rock rails, warn 10k winch, 34" tires, roof rack, rooftop tent, 270 awning. I already have a Dometic CFX75 DZ that i want to incorporate along with a Bluetti ac200p power station and 350 watt folding solar panel. I dont want to build a battery system just yet and want to keep it mobile for now.

I am currently fixing any rust and giving her a raptor coat paint job for some durability, looking to have it done for a trip to Colorado June 1st. If anyone has suggestions about setting up the cargo area in an FJ im all ears! Also want to add some smaller lights around.

Look forward to meeting everyone ! Happy Trails!
Hello Scott, welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! My name is John. I just recently moved to Coeur D Alene, ID. Originally from Santa Barbara, Ca.

I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off-road.

I'm a beginner to off-roading, but not to the outdoor life. I'm an avid backpacker and hiker. I've been on several trips so far, with the most recent being in Sept. 2021 with a trip to the Overland Expo in Arizona. What a blast! Got to meet the people that got me started on this adventure (Lifestyle Overland, Expedition Overland, etc). The overland community has been very gracious and helpful.
Welcome To Overland Bound John
@M Rose is the Regional Director who can get you in touch with a Member Representative for local information.
@Sandpoint Steve has a online meet up with members in your area.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m new here and I wanted to introduce myself, My Name is Daniel and I drive a 2022 Ram 2500 Power Wagon and I’m looking to do some Overlanding in it and use it for what it was built for. I Live in Chino Hills, CA. Thank You and I look forward to meeting or at least talking to all of You..
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle:1982 Jeep CJ7
Overland Experience: Novice (As a civilian at least. I drove and lived out of Jeeps and Humvees in all sorts of interesting environments during my time in the Army)
Why Overlanding?: I want to get out on the trails and put my Jeep to use the way that it was intended. I'm just starting to build it out and to start exploring.
Welcome To Overland Bound
A great resource in NC is @NC-Trooper
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!

My name's David. I’m a San Francisco based woodworker who gets outside as much as work and family will allow. I grew up in the north bay and, thanks to my dad, got to explore some roads now long-closed to the public. I wish I could remember more of them!

My husband and I get out about once a month for a three or four day weekend. After retirement in a few years, we hope to spend three months a year exploring our amazing continent, a few miles at a time!

I daily drove my family's '71 Bronco for 35 years or so (when it was running). Did a big restomod on it a few years ago and discovered that, surprise, even with all that work it still drove like an accident aggressively trying to happen at any speed above 50. So we moved on (after a few tears) to the 2017 WK2 in my profile pic. I've installed a winch, some underbody protection and 70 series KO2's, but am trying to do more adventuring than wrenching with her. My current project is a kitchen drawer/sleeping platform that will hopefully make setting up and breaking camp a less-than an hour event.

I'm really looking forward to connecting with other members and getting out on roads less traveled.
Welcome to Overland Bound David
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi all!

My name's David. I’m a San Francisco based woodworker who gets outside as much as work and family will allow. I grew up in the north bay and, thanks to my dad, got to explore some roads now long-closed to the public. I wish I could remember more of them!

My husband and I get out about once a month for a three or four day weekend. After retirement in a few years, we hope to spend three months a year exploring our amazing continent, a few miles at a time!

I daily drove my family's '71 Bronco for 35 years or so (when it was running). Did a big restomod on it a few years ago and discovered that, surprise, even with all that work it still drove like an accident aggressively trying to happen at any speed above 50. So we moved on (after a few tears) to the 2017 WK2 in my profile pic. I've installed a winch, some underbody protection and 70 series KO2's, but am trying to do more adventuring than wrenching with her. My current project is a kitchen drawer/sleeping platform that will hopefully make setting up and breaking camp a less-than an hour event.

I'm really looking forward to connecting with other members and getting out on roads less traveled.
Hi David

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has a great 2022 lined up and you are invited! You can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up—Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello! My name is John. I just recently moved to Coeur D Alene, ID. Originally from Santa Barbara, Ca.

I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off-road.

I'm a beginner to off-roading, but not to the outdoor life. I'm an avid backpacker and hiker. I've been on several trips so far, with the most recent being in Sept. 2021 with a trip to the Overland Expo in Arizona. What a blast! Got to meet the people that got me started on this adventure (Lifestyle Overland, Expedition Overland, etc). The overland community has been very gracious and helpful.
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Sandpoint Steve is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Bruizer

Rank II

Member I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Noyes
Member #

Hello, I’m new here and I wanted to introduce myself, My Name is Daniel and I drive a 2022 Ram 2500 Power Wagon and I’m looking to do some Overlanding in it and use it for what it was built for. I Live in Chino Hills, CA. Thank You and I look forward to meeting or at least talking to all of You..
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thank You, I truly appreciate that..

fjScott73

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida, USA / Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Vinci
Welcome to the group Scott. Good luck with the build.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Build is gonna be crazy on my timeline, but got lucky today and ordered the last set for an FJ of Fox 2.5's with res and adjuster I could find in the country! This supply chain fiasco is just crazy! Wanted to get these or the Kings, they are all saying 10 months to a year out on new orders!!!!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone.

Name: Victor Moua
Vehicle: 1986 T4R (recently purchased from my father and shipped to me from CA)

I'm a rookie and just wants to get outdoor more than I currently am and looking forward to many new and great experiences.
Hallo Victor
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello everyone.

I'm a rookie and just wants to get outdoor more than I currently am and looking forward to many new and great experiences.
Hi Victor,

Welcome to Overland Bound.

Wow, that is a nice classic 4x4!

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

BenM556

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Molina
Howdy!

I'm Ben, from West Texas/Southern NM. My main rig for now is a 1987 Jeep Comanche with a 2.5, 2.5" of lift, and 31's. I'll post pics as soon as I can. As far as experience, I'd say I'm moderately experienced, as I've done a fair bit of overlanding for work as an archaeologist. Thanks for letting me join!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy!

I'm Ben, from West Texas/Southern NM. My main rig for now is a 1987 Jeep Comanche with a 2.5, 2.5" of lift, and 31's. I'll post pics as soon as I can. As far as experience, I'd say I'm moderately experienced, as I've done a fair bit of overlanding for work as an archaeologist. Thanks for letting me join!
Welcome to Overland Bound Ben
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone.

Welcome to Overland Bound Victor
Clasic overland rig
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

dbpokemon

Rank V

Explorer I

Muscatine, Iowa, United States
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0ISW
Hello everyone.

Welcome to Overland Bound Victoria

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn