Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rumford, RI
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Hill
Member #

I'm from Rhode Island. I drive a 2009 stock Nissan Xterra. I'm usually taking it to New Hampshire and Maine to hike our 4000 footer peaks. So gravel, mud, snow is about as much off roading as I see up here :) Would love to have something other than a rental when I visit Arizona and drive up to Zion, Bryce and the Grand Canyon.

Reactions: Rogue Beardsman

Rexor91

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Member #

How's it going everybody? Merry Christmas! I'm here to introduce myself. Just opened my gift from my wife tonight to find that I am #2682. I've been wheeling on and off for close to 10 years now. I have probably my least-built rig at this point (had to sell off my last one for family reasons). I was more into rocks and rocks only in the past but have gotten into the overlanding scene the older I've gotten, and especially since we have a 2 year old now.

Located in Cleveland, TN and the current rig is a 1998 4Runner as seen below.

Check out the post on the Southeast thread about the overland expo! I'm down on huntsville

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

DesertRat775

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sparks, NV
First Name
JP
Last Name
Moser
Member #

New member from Sparks, NV. Our 2012 Jeep JK was purchased in 2015 and we quickly figured out that stock would just not do. We really enjoy getting out and exploring. I look forward to learning from you all and hopefully running into you on the trails.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

F100bates

Rank 0

Traveler I

Name: Brandon

Rig: 1979 Ford F-150 custom, has a 351w with a little work like small rv cam,4bbl intake and Holley double pumper, and long tube headers. It has the Srod 4 speed, with an NP205 transfer case. Truck is sitting on 35 super swampers, but is about to get swapped for some general grabber at3 for better on road handling. Has a 6" superlift with with worn out rancho 5000s. Main goal is to replace wiring harness from the PO hacking it to bits, then start the overall build to prepare for cross country trips.

I look forward to learn as I go and from reading others stories, in better ways to prepare myself and my rig for trips in the future

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Marco Correia

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi everyone name is Marco
Rig- 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 long bed
Location- Southern New England- CT
Experience- I have about 10+ years of off road travel/trail driving experience in various rigs. As far as Overland travel I did a trip a year ago to NH White Mts and it was what really made me see what Overlanding was. I found what I like to do. I prefer camping from my truck, exploring sites nearby, traveling on 4x4 trails, and meeting others interested in this type of travel. Out here in the NE we don't have many who do Overland style travel so would be nice to meet others.

Attachments

Biggfreddy55

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello, Most of my friends call me Big Freddy. Fred works to...
Current vehicle: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Been dreaming a long time about getting this rig and I finally got it the day after X-mas. No one had the model that I wanted , I kept searching and found one on its way here mid December.. My sales guy called me a few days before the holidays to say it was in , needless to say it was a rough few days...lol But its mine now.
I have explored the country on my Harley and now ready to explore the other half from my truck! Looking forward to meeting and hearing about everyone's travels.
Many upgrades to come to..lol
Thanks20161226_151503.jpg

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hello! my name is Brandon. I'm from Kutztown Pennsylvania. OB2838 I drive a 2005 subaru outback and 94 Jeep Cherokee.
I'm a subaru mechanic and fabricator. I hate having to but full price lift kits and bumpers so learn how to build them myself. I'm not super experienced but have definitely spent a lot of time off reading and camping. I'm an avid hunter. I love spending time outdoors and learning more everytime I go. I look forward to meeting many of you and traveling more!
Welcome Brandon! Glad to see you became a fellow member.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi everyone name is Marco
Rig- 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 long bed
Location- Southern New England- CT
Experience- I have about 10+ years of off road travel/trail driving experience in various rigs. As far as Overland travel I did a trip a year ago to NH White Mts and it was what really made me see what Overlanding was. I found what I like to do. I prefer camping from my truck, exploring sites nearby, traveling on 4x4 trails, and meeting others interested in this type of travel. Out here in the NE we don't have many who do Overland style travel so would be nice to meet others.
Welcome! Nice seeing someone in New England. I'm in southeastern MA in Douglas. Awesome Tacoma - very nice!

E.J.

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA
First Name
EJ
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6WPP
Wow, that's taking it to another level with the motorcycle! I just have to have four wheels but... respect!!! Welcome.

The Josh

Rank II

Traveler III

Mark West Springs, Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Engberg
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JAE
Howdy All!
Im Joshua, im a longtime offroader, as much as i can be considering im in my 30's. my rig is a 2004 Toyota 4runner that i bought new in 2004 and it now has over 190k miles. its pretty well built in my opinion with notable features of: Currie Rock Jock 3 Dana 60 Rear End with 4.88 gears from and rear (ARB air lockers in both) Hi angle driveline cv driveshaft, F/R bumpers, On Board Hot Water Shower system with heat exchanger, 35" Goodyear MTRs on Hutchinson Dual Beadlocks. Custom Rear links (built by me) King IBP 10" in the rear and King coilovers in the front. Bud Build Skid plates (with the abuse to show) and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I live in the East San Francisco Bay Area.

Experience? well ive been around, my truck is no trailer queen and has been driven to every trail and driven often. we've done the full rubicon (from loon to tahoe) Fordyce, Death Valley, Pismo, Most other Tahoe Trails and most trails in and around california, nevada and arizona. I prefer to learn by doing and have done heavy trail repairs from broken axles & ring gears to all types of heavy recovery situations. look forward to getting to know other on the board!

Attachments

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Howdy All!
Im Joshua, im a longtime offroader, as much as i can be considering im in my 30's. my rig is a 2004 Toyota 4runner that i bought new in 2004 and it now has over 190k miles. its pretty well built in my opinion with notable features of: Currie Rock Jock 3 Dana 60 Rear End with 4.88 gears from and rear (ARB air lockers in both) Hi angle driveline cv driveshaft, F/R bumpers, On Board Hot Water Shower system with heat exchanger, 35" Goodyear MTRs on Hutchinson Dual Beadlocks. Custom Rear links (built by me) King IBP 10" in the rear and King coilovers in the front. Bud Build Skid plates (with the abuse to show) and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I live in the East San Francisco Bay Area.

Experience? well ive been around, my truck is no trailer queen and has been driven to every trail and driven often. we've done the full rubicon (from loon to tahoe) Fordyce, Death Valley, Pismo, Most other Tahoe Trails and most trails in and around california, nevada and arizona. I prefer to learn by doing and have done heavy trail repairs from broken axles & ring gears to all types of heavy recovery situations. look forward to getting to know other on the board!
welcome to the family! always great to see more Bay Area members. Hope to see you on the trails soon!!

Incognito27

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Ottawa , Ontario , Canada
Member #

Hi all , Im Greg , i am a relativly new person to off roading , although i am not new to the outdoors , i started with a 01 Dodge Dakota , and within 8 months bought a 15 Nissan Xterra , and i have been doing mods and upgrades to my truck since i bought it. I had a good year wheeling and camping , and next year im hoping it will be better.

Purchased my membership and a couple shirts to go with it.